• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout

In summary, McCormick Place will have all the vendor stuff, general meals, etc again this year. We can hope classes will be in the same building! Check it out... http://www.mccormickplace.com/facilities/Floorplan.html
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Even tough I have been there a few times I was curious about the layout for conference so I googled McCormick place. Looks like Hall E will have all the vendor stuff, general meals, etc again this year. We can hope classes will be in the same building! Check it out... http://www.mccormickplace.com/facilities/Floorplan.html

Someone needing a wheelchair emailed HO, and got a response that all the meetings and workshops, etc...were all in the same building this year! That would be wonderful!

Eeew. I don't like the classrooms in the building with the theater. That's where the workshops were the first year I attended. It's worth the walk to have the workshops in the other building. Of course, if the rooms have been updated, then that's a different story.

Why didn't you like the rooms Ann?

I remember some that weren't carpeted, and were down the "back alley" equivalent of a hallway. Just not very inviting. And the hard floors make them echoey, and hard to hear the speakers.

All of mine were in the South Building last year. Nice area. In fact that is where Wave 2 will be meeting, if they so choose, for lunch on Monday. The South Building has several resturants on several different levels. We will try to meet up in the Cafe on the third floor I think it is overlooking the main lobby area with some fountains.

I am printing out the maps this year so I know where everything is. Don't know why I never thought of it before!

pampered1224 said:
All of mine were in the South Building last year. Nice area. In fact that is where Wave 2 will be meeting, if they so choose, for lunch on Monday. The South Building has several resturants on several different levels. We will try to meet up in the Cafe on the third floor I think it is overlooking the main lobby area with some fountains.

Technically, it's level 2.5. Weird, I know.

I do like the meeting rooms in the South building, although the Vista room, which is all windows, can get really warm in the afternoon sun.

I have only ever had classes in the south Bldg. of course on day 2, 1 class is always on level 1 all the way on the end and the next one is on the 4th level complete opposite end.

OH man - I have been there too. Did you feel like you totally left Chicago and walked to another country? The South building is way more comfortable than Lakeside Center for sure. I must say though that I have nto gotten stuck in a room with all windows. Except the very last Breakfast of Caring that was held seperately fromt he general breakfast. We were in the south east room on the third floor of the South Building. It was very warm in there and very bright. You could hardly see the screen they were flashing pictures on.
The walk was soemthing else too though! I don't miss that part!

I remember going last year, and being in classes.. but for the most part was overwhelmed with it all. I think this year will be better.. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Someone needing a wheelchair emailed HO, and got a response that all the meetings and workshops, etc...were all in the same building this year! That would be wonderful!

It was me! That's what the lady said, but since it cost me $150 for the scooter, if I have to go aways to get to a class, that will be okay too! I can deal with that. I just need to be told very specific directions. My SIL says I am directionally-challenged!! :eek:

Why, oh, why have I never thought to print out a map of McCormick Place? This is one of the many reasons I love CS--access to other people's brains.

I know the feeling Terry. The second year though, you know more of what to expect and the "lay of the land" so to speak so it does make it a lot easier.
This year will be more fun for you too as you will be more relaxed and you know your cluster mates much better too! That makes a big difference. I remember being so afraid I would get lost, or end up missing a start time or an entire class or walking into a mens room redesiganted for the gals or just saying something stupid! I was a wreck! The second year it was like I had a whole different aspect on it. I did not have to worry about getting lost or being stupid, because I found out that we are all there to learn so we all don't know everything, or being something I wasn't. The only thing that is still a problem is walking into the wrong bathroom!!

John, it's a wise person who realizes that we're all pretty much stupid and lost. ;)

Why Rae - twist it a little more why doncha? But I think I know what you are saying.
I love the fact that we are all in the same boat. I think we all felt like that when we first went. And I still do. I will admit it, I am stupid when it comes to some things. I am not sure stupid is the right word anymore but maybe misguided or just stubborn. I don't know to many people who right into that mess and delirium, feel quite adequate at anything when they first walk in. If I knew it all I sure as heck would not need to be there! I felt stupid! I really did. And when I talked to some other people, they said that word as well. It actually made me feel much more comfortable. So I guess we will admit it when we hear it but yeah, stupid was definitely how I felt. And Rae - you know it girl! We all have a lot to learn. About our businesses and our selves. I am 48 for Pete's sake and I surprise myself to this day! Not only in what I know but what I thought I knew. I guess we are looking for that ever elusive golden answer. I found it - LET GO!

Letting go is one of the keys. Here's a realization I came to a few years ago. I know I'm an intelligent person. No matter how intelligent I am, though, I'm going to feel and occasionally act stupid, especially in new situations. That's not a bad thing. It's a human thing. People who refuse to put themselves in situations where they might feel (or even be) lost and/or stupid will never do anything. Now, that is stupid.

pampered1224 said:
So I guess we will admit it when we hear it but yeah, stupid was definitely how I felt. And Rae - you know it girl! We all have a lot to learn. About our businesses and our selves. I am 48 for Pete's sake and I surprise myself to this day! Not only in what I know but what I thought I knew. I guess we are looking for that ever elusive golden answer. I found it - LET GO!

John, I have been going to conference for 10 years now and I will still be one that looks like it is her first time!! Stupid is not for sissies!!!:D And I am 50!!

This year I have to really pace myself. I pulled a calf muscle fairly bad last week and I am hobbling around (but I am up and without crutches!!) And out of shape too so all of this will be interesting for conference!!

My Mom is 72 and we were joking today that between her bad hip and my limp we could be one of those..."who is the Mom and who is the daughter"!! So growing old is not for sissies either (as always, I am hoping I can be as tough as my parents!)

From what I have been reading, it looks like everything is in Lakeside Center.

John,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. You're right that one feels better knowing that others feel the same. I am worrying exactly like you did for your first year. Will I get to my classes on time....will I have enough time to get to each...I am directionally challenged and I know I'll be lost several times each day! Will I meet and make solid connections....will I be able to note all the great ideas that come my way, etc! Ay ya yay! LOL

Paulette - I love your new pic! It's great to see your face....nice pic too!

Couple of things to remember and Rae hit it partially. If we sit in the backround and never try to say anything, that is stupid. If we have a question that is left unasked, that is stupid. The brave of heart are the people who sound dumb to themsleves only when they speak. Everyone else says, I was gonna ask that but...
Be silly, be stupid, be lost. It is the only way to learn to and grow!
After 9 years, I could not get lost over there if I tried!

I could still get lost pretty easily. I'm kind of famous for that. However, I always speak up. I'd rather be thought stupid than to walk away having wasted an opportunity to learn something.

What is Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout?

Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows conference attendees to easily navigate and plan their time at McCormick Place, a popular conference venue located in Chicago, Illinois.

How do I access Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout?

Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout can be accessed through the Pampered Chef website or through the conference website. Simply click on the "Explore McCormick Place" tab and you will be directed to the layout feature.

What information can I find on Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout?

Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout provides a detailed map of the conference venue, including the location of different conference rooms, exhibitor booths, and other important areas. It also allows you to plan your schedule and add notes for each event or session.

Can I customize my conference layout on Explore McCormick Place?

Yes, you can customize your conference layout on Explore McCormick Place by clicking on the "Customize Layout" button. This allows you to choose which areas and events you want to see on the map, making it easier for you to plan your time at the conference.

Is Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout available for all conferences at McCormick Place?

Yes, Explore McCormick Place for Conference Layout is available for all conferences held at McCormick Place. However, please note that the layout may vary slightly for each conference, depending on the event organizers' preferences and layout options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • janetupnorth
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
merego
Replies