• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do people mark maybe on door prize slips for hosting a show?

maybe? because so many people don't actually know they can change their mind later on. When someone marks "no" on a door prize slip, it is usually because they are not interested in hosting a cooking show at that time. However, by asking if they would like to host a show in the future, you may be able to change their mind. It is always a good idea to be polite and let people know that they can always change their mind about hosting a show.
MSmith
Okay, this is 3 times in one week...I had three ladies mark "maybe" to hosting a Kitchen Show on their door prize slip. I rarely get a chance to look at them at the party. And then I go to call them the next day to follow-up and they're like: "Oh, did I say maybe? I meant no, I'm sorry I didn't realize I did that!"....

Craziness, has this happened to any of you?
I go over the door prize slip, you would think that they would know what's going on! I am going to have to make sure I talk to these people at the show and get a date (but then, I don't want a date just to have a date...I want a host who really wants to host a show!).

thoughts???

What do you say??When you contact those "maybe's" what do you say?

Do you start your conversation like this..."hi this is _____with the Pampered Chef, I met you at Sally Host's party last night. I saw on your doorprize slip that you marked "maybe" for having a show.?"

Or do you start with something like this.."hi, Mary, this is _____with the Pampered Chef! Do you have a minute to chat? Didn't you have a great time at Sally Host's party last night? So tell me what did you think of the recipe we prepared? I am so excited that you decided to order the ______(food chopper, stone etc.), you are going to love it! So, have you thought about when you want to have your cooking show?

(if unsure) May I make a suggestion? February has one of the best host specials I have seen since I have been with the company! Remember the cookware I showed last night? Well, I don't know if you were aware of this or not, but you will be able to get 1 piece at 60% off!! Can you believe it? I can't believe it myself!

(if February doesn't work for her schedule) So you are thinking more of March? Well, guess what!! The new catalog starts March 1st! You want to be one of the first to see those new products and try those tempting recipes don't you? Your friends and family will love you for letting them be among the first to see the new products!!

(if still not sure) So Mary, I know you really want to have a show but is now not a good time? When would you like me to call you back to check in? (she suggests April) Mary would you want to hold your show in April or do you want me to call you back in April? The reason I ask this is that I book my shows anywhere from 6-8 weeks in advance. (get her response and take it from there)

Just remember that no matter what month they decide, "IT IS THE BEST MONTH TO HOST A SHOW!!"

I have found that when I call people and say "hey I saw you marked you might want to have a show" people generally change their minds. But if I call with enthusiasm and get them re-excited about how much fun they had at the show they usually book a date or give me a better time to call back!

Just my 2 cents!

Excellent AdviceThank you for the words to use! Awesome!

Diane

One of the things I do is try to find a minute to look through the door prize slips at some point before taking orders, even if I run to use the bathroom and look at them briefly in there. That at least gives me an idea of who checked yes or maybe. BUT when I'm taking people's orders, I always try to say to EVERYONE "You know I didn't have much of a chance to look closely at all the drawings slips...." and then however it works best, I try to suggest booking a party. Maybe pick up on the fact that she loves the products. Or if she seemed to wants lots but only ordered a little, it's a great angle to share with them what an incredible deal they can get by hosting. So, I sort of play dumb by saying I didn't look at the slips, but I've had several people who DID mark "no" end up saying maybe in a couple months. Lots of people check no when they really mean "not right now." It's good to throw that out there to every customer and invite them to get an awesome deal by hosting a show. :)

another suggestioneven when No is ticked i try to ask if it means never or not now, and if it is not now i ask if i can call them back at a later date, i try to get a feel for what the customer is saying. If it is maybe i ask what is holding them back, i can make it as painless as they need it to be. I really try to get to everyone the same night and gather my commitments, i notice that even one day lessens the excitement.
Lorna

thank you, Marlene....my word choice/approach could be a major part of the problem! I've never been comfortable in dealing with "maybe's" and you've given fantastic scripts to help me!

Here is what I say at the show: If you are interested in hosting a show within 1-3 months, please check "yes". 3-6 months, please check "maybe" and if you are not interested at all, then simply check "no. I will call you in a day or two to follow-up with you and if you change your mind between now and then, just let me know so that I don't keep calling you and you feel like you have to avoid me I am not a stalker and besides, I don't have that much time on my hands".(They do laugh when I say that.) Then when I call I tell them who I am, ask if I caught them at a bad time, thank them for coming to the show and say" I noticed that you checked "maybe" you were interested in a show which would put us at the months of April, May, and June, which day of the week would work best for you?" Do not give them the opportunity to answer a question that will result in a "no".

If it someone that I met while I had a booth set up and they checked "maybe". I call and say "I noticed that you checked "maybe" on the survey slip for your interest in hosting a show, I am now scheduling shows for February and March, which month would you like?"

Hope this helps!

I look through my slips before I start totalling orders. That way, when the guest comes up, I can ask her if she wants to book a date. If I can't get an exact date out of her, I will at least get a commitment for a month. Once you pin them down for a month - you can generally get them to set a date too. I have only had a few of them change the dates too.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

Marlene and eat n earn
I really like the adlibing and word choices used.
For the ones that say yes, but don't know when, this is when I feel like a stalker. I also say things like, l know that you want Suzie to get the credit for you hosting a show, so why don't we at least set a tenative date. Someties the busier you are the more people want you. I found that when I was a hairstylist, if she was booking 3 wks in advance she must be good. If I am letting them know I am booking the following month, they think that "she's in high demand". People are strange. When I told someone today that I didn't have any dates avail. ( I have been trying to get her to book for almost a month) suddenly, it's can we do it March 2 and back date it?

1. What are "Maybe's" on the door prize slip?

"Maybe's" on the door prize slip are a way for guests to indicate that they are interested in potentially hosting a Pampered Chef party in the future. It allows them to receive more information about hosting and potentially earn free products.

2. Can I still win a door prize if I mark "Maybe" on the slip?

Yes, marking "Maybe" on the door prize slip does not disqualify you from winning a door prize. It simply indicates your interest in hosting a future party.

3. Do I have to actually host a party if I mark "Maybe" on the slip?

No, marking "Maybe" on the door prize slip does not obligate you to host a party. It just allows our consultants to follow up with you and provide more information about hosting.

4. How long will my "Maybe" be valid for?

Your "Maybe" will be valid for up to one year. If you have not hosted a party within that time frame, your "Maybe" will expire and you will need to mark it again at a future event if you are still interested.

5. Can I change my "Maybe" to a "Yes" or "No" at a later time?

Yes, you can change your "Maybe" to a "Yes" or "No" at any time. Simply let our consultant know at the event or contact us directly to update your status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreedfk
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • 1234blessed
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ampirolli