• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Over!Vent Session: Frustrated with Hosts & $200 Sales Goal!

In summary, Sheila is having a hard time getting a show together for her Cooking Show and she is also stressed out because the hosts of her two catalog shows have
pampchef.angel
May I just vent for a moment? So, last month my DH and I went on a Vegas vacation with some friends and because of that and getting ready for the trip, I didn't do any shows in the the month of Oct. Now, if I don't get $200 in sales by EOM Nov, I am going to go inactive. Yes, I know, I expected that and did it to myself. My gripe? I have two shows booked but neither host is giving me much hope. My catalog show host is in TX, I'm in NC. She's done her guest list on the website, but so far I've seen no orders. And my CS host?? MIA. AWOL. Haven't talked to her since SHE CALLED ME to book her show for THIS FRIDAY. No idea what recipe we're doing, how many people are coming or if we're even have the freaking show! I've emailed, left 2 voicemails and even sent her a message on Myspace. Any ideas? I really thought this girl was someone who would follow through; I've known her for years.

Thanks for the ears...

Re: *#@*!!!!!Hopefully they'll come through in the end. I know it's stressful when hosts don't have the courtesy to at least return a call. A lot of people don't want to tell you that they changed their mind but HELLO - we'd rather know we aren't having a show than wonder.

In the meantime can you send out an email to your friends and family telling them about the stoneware sale? Tell them you're putting together an order and you don't want them to miss out on such a deal. You could even offer the 60% off stone as a prize in a drawing of all who order. Also, consider doing some Christmas shopping yourself. Who are you buying gifts for? Order them in their name (so it's commissionable) - you'd be paying full price unless they were a past host but you'd be getting commission on the orders and staying active so you'd be getting a sale in the long run...

Re: *#@*!!!!!Check the status of each of the guests' invites from the Texas Host & see if they read their invites. If not, let your host know to notify them herself! Unfortunately, many of the invites from our web page ends up in spam mailboxes & is never seen or read. That alone could get you up over the $200 minimum to stay active.

Re: *#@*!!!!!Hey, the Chrsitmas shopping idea is a good one...may have to check into that. I've emailed everyone I know and as a matter of fact I sent another mass email detailing some of the offers available through the outlet. Maybe some of them will come through for me...

Re: *#@*!!!!!Wow, Sheila, I didn't even know that you could check to see if the guests had viewed the invitation, but I just did it, and not a one of them had...thanks for the HU!

Re: *#@*!!!!!I would send out an email to your contacts, tell them you are trying to achieve goal XXXXXX and could they help out. Remind them that stoneware is on sale just in time for holiday baking. Good luck!

Re: *#@*!!!!!oh and have the catalog host get on the phone nad call her guests, many of the times, the invites get right into the spam folder!

Re: *#@*!!!!!It's a good time to send out holiday shopping notes to your customer base, too. Suggest (in the note) that your customers pass the note to gift-givers, along with their wish list. Offer discounted direct shipping or free gift wrap (have it shipped to you, wrap it, and then they must pick it up) to people who order this month.

Re: *#@*!!!!!As I learned last month, book and book and book! I had 3 catalog show hosts cancel on me on October 30th. Luckily I had orders from several booths I had done and ended up with $128.70 in Outlet Orders plus one Catalog Show that held at $431.47. I booked 4 Cooking Shows and 2 Catalog Shows originally this month. I had one Cooking Show turn into a Catalog Show that I am having a hard time getting together with the Host. I have also managed to get 5 more Catalog Shows on my calendar. I dropped off an order to a lady's SIL at the dentist's office and she asked me if she could order the Trifle Bowl full of food. I told her that if she would have a Catalog Show for me, I would bring her something yummy! She is having one! I took an order to a lady at Hobby Lobby that was the cashier I went through one day getting canvas bags for my Kids in the Kitchen thing. She saw my log t-shirt and my catalog bag and asked for a catalog. She called and placed a $60 order and when I delivered it to her, her coworker wanted to do a catalog show. I learned the hard way in October not to depend on 1-2 shows for my month. Ask everyone! As suggested, have your own Show too! With this being SAT, I overbooked my calendar but it's all good because I have $1,008.70 right now with all those Catalog Shows yet to close! Hang in there!

Re: *#@*!!!!!One thing I have learned with Direct Sales....you can't count on your hosts, especially if you just have a couple and NEED the sales. Overbook, overbook, overbook. This probably won't help you now, but it will in the future.

There's still lots of time left in Nov...any chance of a family member, good friend, etc rounding up $200 in orders...YOU can do this yourself too!

Re: *#@*!!!!!It has taken me over a year to learn to overbook.

Each time I had my month with the amount of shows I wanted - I would almost always get a cancellation or not enough to earn SAT or whatever promotion. Then I would be incredibly disappointed. :(

So here comes this December. I really wasn't pushing for shows and I was going to be OK if I didn't have any. I was thinking it might be nice to get 2 shows for SAT - but wasn't pushing.

So I get 1 show and I was going to stop there. That's all I wanted. Then I got 2 more! I am thrilled that I will earn SAT for Dec. So I wasn't going to book any more shows - too busy! I left for my show Sunday and told DH - no more December shows! But then I get another booking for December!!! (Gotta love the Trifle Bowl!). I have 4 shows between Dec 2-14. This is more then I had hoped for (or wanted).

THEN - one of my shows just cancelled!! No fault of the hostess and she gave me plenty of notice. She is really disappointed and will have one in the Spring.

So: I overbooked. And with the cancellation, I am where I should be. No telling that I might get another cancellation - but even if that happens I can still earn SAT.

So yes, I am just learning about OVERBOOKING!

Re: *#@*!!!!!
pampchef.angel said:
...My catalog show host is in TX, I'm in NC. She's done her guest list on the website, but so far I've seen no orders....

Is there a chance she is going to call you with orders?

I had a catty show host last month and many guests wanted the website link and instructions. Spent quite a bit of time with instructions and keeping the show active on the website for a LONG time...
Bottom line is I didn't get a single order on the website. They provided the orders to the host directly and that's how I got the orders.

So maybe give her a call and ask for her orders - she may surprise you.

Re: *#@*!!!!!Contact some of your past hosts and see if they would like to have a catalog party over the Thanksgiving holidays with family in town. One of mine said yes to last Easter and sold 700.00 to her family over the holiday weekend.
Pamper a business or two.. perfect time for desserts at the office to get in the festive mood. Good luck.. at least it is not the 30th and you are concerned. You have time to turn it around.

Re: *#@*!!!!!I haven't read though all of the posts yet, so forgive me if I am being repetitive, but you could try sending out an email to your customer list advertising the November Stoneware Special, and remind the past hosts that they can Stoneware for 30% off. I generated several hundred dollars last year and almost a hundred dollars this year just by sending out that email!! HTH!

What is the purpose of the "Venting Over!Vent Session: Frustrated with Hosts & $200 Sales Goal!"?

The purpose of this vent session is for Pampered Chef consultants to share their frustrations and concerns about working with hosts and meeting the $200 sales goal.

Why is the $200 sales goal important for Pampered Chef consultants?

The $200 sales goal is important because it is the minimum amount of sales required for consultants to earn their commission and bonuses. It also helps to cover the cost of business expenses and product discounts.

What are some common frustrations that consultants have with hosts?

Some common frustrations include hosts not following through on promised bookings, hosts not inviting enough guests to their party, and hosts not being engaged or helping with the party.

How can consultants overcome these frustrations?

One way to overcome frustrations with hosts is to communicate clearly and set expectations from the beginning. Consultants can also offer incentives for hosts to meet their goals and provide training or support to help them be successful.

What can consultants do to meet the $200 sales goal?

To meet the $200 sales goal, consultants can focus on building relationships with their customers, offering add-on products, and promoting specials and discounts. They can also reach out to potential customers through social media and networking events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy