• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Is the Sell A Thon Requirement Fair for Consultants? Let's Discuss!

In summary, the Fall Sell A Thon is stinking this fall. The changes they made to the SAT this year have made it so that you can't get the two shows level unless both are held AND SUBMITTED by the 15th. This has made it much harder for consultants to achieve the levels they were previously able to. There are only a few sales opportunities available in November, and they are not always attainable. The goal should be a stretch beyond where you are now, and open houses are not always productive. However, if you are a full-time consultant, you can achieve significant sales.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
... that Sell A Thon stinks this fall?(Drops match on gasoline ... wooooosshhhh!)Last year, they changed the SAT so you didn't get the 2 shows level unless both were held AND SUBMITTED by the 15th. This was continued into December and June and was the start of a campaign to "go green by the 15th."Now the two shows level is GONE (unless you count that apron promotion, which to me is not the same as SAT ... no spring products, we get it right away, and it totally overlooks the fact that we have MEN among us as consultants and hosts.)Apparently, we get NO spring products unless we have $1,500 in sales.I've been doing this for three years now, and have only had sales that exceeded $1,500 three times in my entire career, and every time it was because I had a show that exceeded $1,000. It can be done, but it's not always attainable.My previous director in my previous product line (now my pastor's wife) taught me that goals should be S.M.A.R.T.SPECIFIC
MEASURABLE
ATTAINABLE
REALISTIC
TIME-BOUNDTo me, a goal should be a bit of a stretch beyond where you are now.Don't get me wrong ... I would LOVE to have $1,500 in sales in November or more, that would push me closer to reaching my goal of $15,0000 in career sales by January. But I am not certain that this is going to happen.When I first joined, I was impressed that many goals could be reached simply by submitting 2 shows. My previous product line had goals that none of us could seem to reach. Now it seems like they only care about the full-time consultants. The rest of us can pound salt.

Last edited:
I totally hear what you are saying (we were kind of discussing it in the chat box...) but have you done an open house or anything like that with your new Fall products?

I'm doing one in Oct 16th and I'm also raffling off some prizes...and they can earn the most raffle tickets for booking. I'm hoping to get November bookings to increase my November sales. Maybe you can try that?

I do have plans to do something, maybe in November, maybe another time. Frankly open houses have never been big for me.I do have a show on Nov. 13 and am working the weekend prior.Frankly don't see the point of busting my behind for this. I've had too many SAT's where I had four shows and fell a few hundred short of $1,500. At least that year I got two spring products. This time I'd have NOTHING.

Intrepid_Chef said:
... that Sell A Thon SUCKS this fall?

(Drops match on gasoline ... wooooosshhhh!)

I've been doing this for three years now, and have only had sales that exceeded $1,500 three times in my entire career, and every time it was because I had a show that exceeded $1,000. It can be done, but it's not always attainable.

Have you ever considered that maybe your negative attitude has something to do with this?

Intrepid_Chef said:
I do have plans to do something, maybe in November, maybe another time. Frankly open houses have never been big for me.

I do have a show on Nov. 13 and am working the weekend prior.

Frankly don't see the point of busting my behind for this. I've had too many SAT's where I had four shows and fell a few hundred short of $1,500. At least that year I got two spring products. This time I'd have NOTHING.

Then whose fault will it be that you don't reach level 1?

I do this part time, and on average reach $2000+ a month. I only do 4-6 shows a month.

Remember you get back what you put in..

Negativity is bad for your business and it is not productive. Spend your time constructively. Also, the time you spend posting on ChefSuccess takes away from the time you could be working your business by make phone calls for bookings and host coaching. You have posted almost 4000 times in 3 years. That is almost 8 times what I have posted in 6 years. Spend your time wisely and stay positive and anything is possible.

I'm not negative, just firmly, firmly, firmly realistic. And I work full-time. I'm well aware that my sales would be bigger if I was doing this full-time.I just wish that there were a lower "carrot" for us to chase if we're not full-time. Frankly, that's one of the things that always has impressed me about this company. I know I wasn't chasing the $1,500 carrot in June. I was thrilled that it happened but I was more concerned about helping my host be successful ... and it was a show that broke ALL the rules. I'm NOT blaming anybody when I don't have huge sales ... except that I COULD have blamed my hosts that particular November when one host canceled her show after I drove 2 hours in a blizzard out of spite (party switch from heck) and another refused to get me a guest list, then wondered why nobody showed up! Frankly, it's just a reality of the business when you work it part-time on top of other full-time responsibilities.Wow! I didn't think I'd posted this many times but now ... I can simply say that most of these posts have happened either while I was at work or late, late, late at night. Both times that it is impossible for me to be on the phone for the side biz.Back to work now ...

BTW, "only" 4-6 shows would be a HUGE amount for me ... four shows is the most I've ever done in a month. 2-4 is really about the most I can handle, and I'm fine with that, really. Everybody has different goals and for most of the time I've done this those were accepted and encouraged.

cookingwithlove said:
Negativity is bad for your business and it is not productive. Spend your time constructively. Also, the time you spend posting on ChefSuccess takes away from the time you could be working your business by make phone calls for bookings and host coaching. You have posted almost 4000 times in 3 years. That is almost 8 times what I have posted in 6 years. Spend your time wisely and stay positive and anything is possible.

Really? This is a place where we are supposed to feel welcome to come for advice, support and guidance and vent when one feels like they need to.

Well, it is what it is...I don't think PC is "punishing" those who only do part time. $1500 is totally attainable if you prepare. I did 4 shows in Sept and I did a little over 2k. (my Sept sucked for me, I usually do about 8 shows a mo) You can also start padding your cooking shows w/ a couple book shows. No sense in always complaining about something that doesn't make you happy. Sure, there are things that I'm not happy about all the time, and I do vent, but after that, you have to get over it, pick yourself up, and move on. I did a little venting when we found out about the DCB going to host only...but after a few months it hasn't really affected much as far as my sales. I've picked up a few catalog shows even because of it.

vanscootin said:
Really? This is a place where we are supposed to feel welcome to come for advice, support and guidance and vent when one feels like they need to.

Yes, this is true!
However, start being proactive about things rather than come up w/ "excuses" about why this or that does not fit into your mold of what PC is for yourself. It's perfectly normal to have a knee jerk reaction to something, but don't carry on about it, rather, prepare and accept things and make it work for you!

That's great, Steph. I'm happy for you. I did 2 shows in August and had almost $2,000.Not every show is a big one. And not everybody has time to do 4-8 shows in a month. For me, that would consume every weekend because I work 1 weekend a month and am involved in other activities! 2-3 is really my maximum though I CAN do more if my calendar permits.
Thank you for saying that. But I knew whatever I said would be misunderstood because I dared to express my concerns. I'll be over it in a day or so. But today, it feels like they're putting the carrots further and further out of my reach. Just feeling a little disappointed today, because this company never used to do that. One of the things I always loved is that they had smaller carrots that we could reach easily, even for those of us who squeeze this in on the weekends!

Intrepid_Chef said:
I'm not negative, just firmly, firmly, firmly realistic. I politely disagree

And I work full-time. I'm well aware that my sales would be bigger if I was doing this full-time.

THAT'S AN EXCUSE...So do LOTS of people in this business...as a matter of fact, the top seller on my team last month (also the highest show average and most shows held) has a full time management job as well as a husband, child and a very sick dog.

I just wish that there were a lower "carrot" for us to chase if we're not full-time. Why should the company spend $ rewarding less than superior effort? They'd go broke.Frankly, that's one of the things that always has impressed me about this company. I know I wasn't chasing the $1,500 carrot in June. I was thrilled that it happened but I was more concerned about helping my host be successful ... and it was a show that broke ALL the rules.

I'm NOT blaming anybody when I don't have huge sales ... except that I COULD have blamed my hosts that particular November when one host canceled her show after I drove 2 hours in a blizzard out of spite (party switch from heck) What do you mean by saying that you drove out of spite? or that she cancelled out of spite? did you coach this host?and another refused to get me a guest list without a guest list, there is no show. Take control of your business. Sounds like it's the consultant that is to blame, not the host., then wondered why nobody showed up! Frankly, it's just a reality of the business when you work it part-time on top of other full-time responsibilitiesNo, it's a reality about the impact one's attitude has on one's success. There are THOUSANDS of consultants in our company who work full time, have families, personal issues, personal tragedies, struggles, etc...yet still earn every incentive, earn the trips, even hit Elite Seller status,...attitude is EVERYTHING - you should really consider changing yours..

Wow! I didn't think I'd posted this many times but now Yes...you have. As a matter of fact, I wonder...if you took a few minutes to go through all of your posts, look & see how many of them are negative? I bet you'd be shocked to see it's likely more than half. I recall you even went so far as to change your login name because your posts stirred up such controversy in the past... I can simply say that most of these posts have happened either while I was at work or late, late, late at nightLate at night you can be sending out emails to your hosts,printing up invitations, making host packets, etc...YOU choose how to use YOUR time.. Both times that it is impossible for me to be on the phone for the side biz.

Back to work now ...

Change your attitude and you'll more than likely change you paycheck :)

chefsteph07 said:
Yes, this is true!
However, start being proactive about things rather than come up w/ "excuses" about why this or that does not fit into your mold of what PC is for yourself. It's perfectly normal to have a knee jerk reaction to something, but don't carry on about it, rather, prepare and accept things and make it work for you!

I totally agree with you... I'm not feeling to PC happy right now... but I'm not going to post my complaints or struggles or issues... cause they are mine alone to figure out how to fix. Plus it seems that someone is always getting attacked for any type of negative feeling.

But being scolded on how many times someone has posted on CS and being told they should work on something more productive, allbeit true, to me is a little out of line.

vanscootin said:

Yes but our dear intrepid chef does nothing but spew negativity - there's nothing good about that.

Wow. Taking a deep breath.I didn't say I DROVE out of spite. I said she canceled it out of spite after I drove 2 hours in a blizzard, all because orders from HER show were put on hold. (Long story I will not re-hash.)I know that people are trying to be helpful and so that's why I'm not coming up with an angry, knee jerk response to feeling ganged up on. Frankly, I should know that this is not a safe place to vent.(And if you knew the WHOLE STORY to why I changed my log-in name you'd probably say something different. Suffice it to say that it's not related to anyone here, but a misunderstanding that spilled over into real life. It was a question that someone took WAAAAYYY too personally. And I refuse to say anything public about it which is why I will not explain it here.)

This quote runs through my head before I post, or make any statements. I've posted it before, but it does seem appropriate here. I cannot be responsible for things that are out of my control, and it does me no good to complain - or to let those things keep me from achieving goals I've set.

MY response is my responsibility. That's it.

ATTITUDE
by: Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

I love every incentive PC offers. I love how every month lately FedEx delivers a box to my door with whatever it is that I won and earned. :love:

I don't see how it's constructive to rant and complain about how PC's consultant incentives "suck".

dannyzmom said:
Have you ever considered that maybe your negative attitude has something to do with this?

took the words out of my mouth, Carolyn!

One of the things I have always LOVED about PC is that your goals are your goals and my goals are my goals. I have a goal of about $4000 a month. Yea me. If you have a goal of $1000 a month - YEA YOU!! I do agree with the 2 show thing. Some of my MOST consistent consultants on my team are hobbiest/part timers. And if you talk to the National exec out there, they will tell you that the part timers are just as important as the full timers. Not only their contribution to our company but to the NE commission checks as well.
I understand, Intrepid Chef, that you are just venting. And we all get over these things after awhile. You will decide if that carrot is important enough for you to reach. If it is your goal - go you! If it is not - go you! I think I might send a letter in to the company to ask why they decided to not reward my part time consultants for running their businesses 'their way' as we are all encouraged to do. If I am not mistaken, part of the joy of owning your own Pampered Chef biz is that you can work it along side another job, family or commitments.

Chef Charity and Becky ... I LOVE your posts and they are the reason I have not deleted this thread!Yes, I am just venting. I will be over it tomorrow to be certain, take a look at my goals, and if they don't match up with the company's goals for me, so be it. But frankly, it will be hard to get over the personal attacks being posted in this forum. Frankly, I would never say the things about you that you said about me. Maybe it's an overly optimistic belief in human nature, but it always shocks me that people can be so mean.

IC, you know I love you...I see your point on a lot of things, and sometimes I agree, but I am sorry that you feel this thread is an attack. I think we are all just trying to get you to see that attitude sometimes creates your outcome. And I don't like anyone to say that anything PC gives us an incentive "sucks"...do you get bonuses from your job? You may, or you may not, but alot of people don't, and for just DOING your job you get add'l benefits other than a paycheck. I'm not real thrilled about the apron incentive, I already have way more than I need, but I will be giving that to a host, or a friend, or whoever...I'll still try to earn it. A bonus is a bonus. We don't HAVE to earn it. I know it's NICE to earn some little products along the way, but they don't HAVE to do that for us. You have already written yourself off as not earning anything w/ the 1500 level and I think that is very unfortunate. You were on such a high this summer with some great shows, and you never know what may await you in a few weeks, so start getting in gear NOW hon! You can do it!!! :)

I DID get incentives for my job. Then they changed them. I whined. I got over it. And I'm not saying I won't achieve that level. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. I was reaching for the 2 shows level in June and didn't think I would get more. I was pleasantly shocked. I just don't want to hope too much and be disappointed. We all know what happens to a dream deferred.

I agree with you Intrepid_Chef. Although I'm being positive because I've got a lot of shows lined up. Fingers crossed.

ChefBeckyD said:
This quote runs through my head before I post, or make any statements. I've posted it before, but it does seem appropriate here. I cannot be responsible for things that are out of my control, and it does me no good to complain - or to let those things keep me from achieving goals I've set.

MY response is my responsibility. That's it.

ATTITUDE
by: Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

I have this exact quote printed and posted on the wall of my office for those days when stinkin' thinkin' is getting me in trouble.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Thank you for saying that. But I knew whatever I said would be misunderstood because I dared to express my concerns. I'll be over it in a day or so.

I really don't think anybody has misunderstood you. You are not expressing your concerrns, you are having a temper trantrum and frankly, I am just tired of it. It brings too many people down with you and that is not the point of this board.

I have not always been happy with the changes that Pampered Chef has made, but nobody has forced me to stay. I stayed because I wanted to and I believe in this company. You have the same choice, but don't bring everyone down with you because are unhappy with the FREE product(s) the company wants to give you. One more thing, everyone has issues and yours are not any bigger or smaller than anybody else's. You work full time, so what. Many people do. Some are blind, some are deaf, some work full time with young children and no husband, some are disabled, some can't drive, some live in an abusive situation, some have dying loved ones around them, some have cancer, for some this is their 4th job. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you want what the company is giving away for FREE, then figure out away to earn it, but don't just have a temper tantrum over it.

cookingwithlove said:
I really don't think anybody has misunderstood you. You are not expressing your concerrns, you are having a temper trantrum and frankly, I am just tired of it. It brings too many people down with you and that is not the point of this board.

I have not always been happy with the changes that Pampered Chef has made, but nobody has forced me to stay. I stayed because I wanted to and I believe in this company. You have the same choice, but don't bring everyone down with you because are unhappy with the FREE product(s) the company wants to give you. One more thing, everyone has issues and yours are not any bigger or smaller than anybody else's. You work full time, so what. Many people do. Some are blind, some are deaf, some work full time with young children and no husband, some are disabled, some can't drive, some live in an abusive situation, some have dying loved ones around them, some have cancer, for some this is their 4th job. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you want what the company is giving away for FREE, then figure out away to earn it, but don't just have a temper tantrum over it.

I need a "like" button.:thumbup:

Man, OUCH! I don't come here that often anymore so I don't know the history, but I can see where she would feel attacked. I am not saying that I agree with her stance though. Good luck with your goals everyone. Do know that if you want it, you CAN reach it!

I can see both sides of this fence. I agree with Intrepid where it would be nice if PC continued to offer a level where by doing 2 shows you can earn somthing from the SAT. I know PC has its reasons. I do have to be honest and say that using the word "suck" was a bit much, but hey, when you're upset stuff like that comes out.

I have lots of excuses/reasons for why my business isn't doing better. One is that I work nights and my schedule is NEVER the same week to week. Ever. So, it is very difficult to date shows. I also only get my schedule about 1.5 weeks out. When I start to feel down I always think about the woman Consultant I saw with one leg. It was years ago, but she still inspires me. I always think "And I am complaining about what?" I have buckled down and am managing and I am very happy with my progress. Hopefully I will be on a regular schedule soon, but for now, I just gotta keep on keeping on.

While I LOVE CS, the tough thing is that it is difficult to convey emotion through typing.

Well, I love CS too for the most part, and keep trying to remember that today.I'm going to change my OP even though it has been quoted many times. And for what it's worth, I've changed my point of view through the course of the day through the POSITIVE posts in this thread, which is the ONLY reason I haven't deleted it. And the only reason I haven't left this board altogether.I'll be honest, though, it's really hard to sort through it all and maintain my sanity. I feel ganged up on. I feel attacked. Anne, I agree with you ... I have a mix of days and nights too! Roomie is not home tonight so I'm going to have the phone line free for once!

Intrepid_Chef said:
(Drops match on gasoline ... wooooosshhhh!)

For the record, this is NOT an attack on you. We are all supposed to be able and share our opinions. We should also be open to others interpretation and their own opinions. I think it's hard to read posts sometimes because it's hard to interpret the humor or intent of the writer....which is why I overuse smiley faces and exclamations.

When one poster (and nope, not referring to op) continuously posts a recurring sentiment or problem, and no progress is made...it can get irksome or we try and assess if there is something that needs adjusting. I agree with everyone that the attitude of the consultant will almost always play a role in their biz. Both positive and negative. I do my best sales and recruiting when I'm excited or giddy. I get nothing when I'm sluggish or feeling grouchy.

We also have to remember that many of us send our new teammates here for ideas and support and so to see a continuous attack on the biz they just joined could affect this new teammember's perception. It may be why some of us are quick to point out the positives.

Also, it's smart to pay attention to some of your word choices - this is for all of us, not anyone specifically. However, when I see something like the above quote....it indicates to me that there was an anticipation of causing contraversy or strong emotions. :D If you are expecting this kind of reaction, then you should not express surprise. If you believe it'll bring forth this response and would rather not have it, then edit the word choices. I am not saying you had any malicious intent or anything, but you did expect some intense reactions, right?

We all get bored and we all have a playful streak, and I have at times been behind some hot topics....when I am responsible for the reactions, I do not get upset if someone's opinion is different from mine.

We have the perpetual sunshine optimists and the perpetual cynical pessimists and everything in between here....clashes will happen, but at least we put the FUN when we go dysfunctional as a family here. ;)

I would love for the 2 show incentive to continue....it helps my team go green quicker. It's too bad it isn't a new product, but at least there IS a FREE incentive....and I personally love the apron. But, Free is Free and I'll take whatever they want to send my way. I say this now....what will I say 6 months from now when I have lots of aprons? I don't know....but I'll be sure to share. :blushing:

Ha ha!Intense responses, yes. I know how some people get upset if we dare post anything that questions the status quo.But frankly, I did NOT expect the kind of verbal abuse I got from a few people, posting statements that were outright personal attacks on me! (Not to mention being talked about behind my back another place where I cannot defend myself!)I come here because, at least up to now, I perceived this as a "safe place" where I could say things I would NEVER say to anybody else. I get it off my chest, read posts that encourage me to change my view, I do so, and am in a better frame of mind to work my business.

I can't believe this is going to be my first post....but I'm right with the comments that this business is what you decide you want it to be and you make of it. If you decide you can only do 2 shows a month, then you can't expect PC to lower the incentive thresholds to fit your schedule. Then it's not much of an incentive if everyone can earn it is it?!? They may as well give them away without having to work for it!

I've been a consultant for only 8 months setting a goal of holding 4-6 shows a month. I'm averaging five so far so I think I'm doing pretty good. (Hold a full-time job, three kids in many activities, a husband with a dibilitating health condition---everyone has a story to tell.) That said there have been two incentives I missed because of cancelled/rescheduled shows or hosts that hold up their closings longer than I would have liked. Oh well...that happens, I just try harder the next time. I'm thrilled PC offers as many incentives as they do so I can earn free products, gifts, etc. Another home-show company I was part of rarely offered anything.

Be positive, set your goals, work your business and it will come!!!

IC - Sometimes the truth hurts and we do not want to hear it, but I stand by everything that I wrote previously. Your very first post read like this

May I be the first to say ...

... that Sell A Thon SUCKS this fall? (I noticed you changed it)

This was so unprofessional and an inappropriate way to start a dialog. You have every right to be disappointed in the SAT and every right to post it here, but this is not how you start a dialog with this opening statement. You have to live with the consequences of how you write things. Your statement was not about concern or discourse, but about how mad you were and you were attacking The Pampered Chef. I found your language very offensive and an attack on a company that I love.

Also, it is not about you questioning the “status quo”, but the way that you do it. It is perceived as mean spirited and it is just not constructive. Sometimes someone has to tell someone that they are doing the wrong thing, because it is the right thing to do. You were wrong with your choice of words. Again, you can read this as an attack on you, or you can learn from this experience and grow from it. The choice is yours.

Gloria&Emily said:
I just received this today and I thought people reading this thread would enjoy it. Respect each other and celebrate our differences -- Change is the only constant.

THRIVE during CHANGE - Inspirational Video

LOVE the video. I'm also an "if you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right!" person. Our attitude has a lot to do with our success. We can choose to be the victim in life, or we can choose to be the survivor.

Yes, it's more than okay to have rough days. And it's more than okay to vent. But if a person finds that the are thinking about unhappiness or complaining about being unhappy on a daily/regular basis, then it might be time to reassess your attitude.

IC, apparently I missed some background stuff. It does appear that several people think you fit in the constant complainer catagory. YOU get to choose if they are right or wrong. ;)

Maybe you could participate in the Step Up Your Business class to see if you can increase your sales enough to earn SAT! :D

Step up Your Business class? Isn't that for people aiming for directorship? Or isn't that something supposed to be offered through my (non supportive) upline?

I want to say that I have had a bad day but that I changed my perspective because of the POSITIVE posts sent my way (thank you!) I DID make calls and intervewed a potential consultant. Her show is Oct. 23. We still have not decided if it's her show as a host or her first show as a CONSULTANT. She has limitations (transportation issues, not good with numbers, no working computers) but I told her others work around those issues every day and so can she.

Here's my take on this, now that I've taken a deep breath:

You think I complain constantly? REALLY? Have you taken time to read all my posts, all 4,000 of them? I know I don't have that kind of time on my hands and don't think anyone does. So I think that it's more likely that a few posts of mine stood out in their minds because those are the ones they remember. Just like I could just as easily say that every post someobdy on here is one attacking me, but if I took time to examine every one of that person's posts, I would see that this is not true either. These are just the posts that stand out in my mind and are remembered one, two and three years later.

I cannot control what other people think.

I went back and EDITED my first post because I DID re-think my words. I also posted other positive things today, including my goals, praise for the December specials, and am about to post something VERY NICE about the call from H.O. today.

For the record, I love this company too. I was just disappointed to see ONE THING that I have always loved (the rewards for even those of us at the bottom of the totem pole) and was upset by it. Like I said, I'll get over it.

I noticed the loss of the carrot and was disappointed by it. I am a hobby consultant. it is not easy to get the carrots every month. I try for some and others I don't. I haven't earned any SAT items the last two times. Actually, I found it freeing. I can now purchase the items I actually want instead of what they send to me. I am happier in the end.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Step up Your Business class? Isn't that for people aiming for directorship? Or isn't that something supposed to be offered through my (non supportive) upline?...

No, you do not have to have Director as your goal to participate. It's formatted for the 3-2-1 Plan, but I'm running this one for Chef Success members only and I realize that not everyone with PC has the same goals. So although the class will cover all the 3-2-1 Basics, each consultant has the option to set his/her own goals at the beginning of class & really work on the parts that they want to see improved in their business.

Yes, it's supposed to come from your upline, but realizing that not every upline offers the classes, I started a thread here on CS to see how many people wanted to participate in a CS only class. I've had enough interest that the class starts Sunday night. If you are interested in participating, you will need to e-mail me and request to be added to the class roster & e-mails. ;)

Intrepid_Chef said:
I'm not negative, just firmly, firmly, firmly realistic.

And I work full-time. I'm well aware that my sales would be bigger if I was doing this full-time.

This is the only thing that gets me. You should not assume nor portray that working full time can keep anyone from achieving their goals. I work full time. I also have four kids, and my husband travels and is gone usually 5 days a week. I work around it according to my goals.
I am not saying that your goals have to be my goals, but if you want something badly enough then you can make it happen. If not, fine.
But that's not the company's fault.. that's your fault and yours alone.

beckyjsmith said:
This is the only thing that gets me. You should not assume nor portray that working full time can keep anyone from achieving their goals. I work full time. I also have four kids, and my husband travels and is gone usually 5 days a week. I work around it according to my goals.
I am not saying that your goals have to be my goals, but if you want something badly enough then you can make it happen. If not, fine.
But that's not the company's fault.. that's your fault and yours alone.

To add onto this thought: There are all kinds of excuses we can use as to why we don't succeed. I work odd hours, I work full time, I had surgery, I have... And they are valid things but if we consider that we all have choices and opportunities and roadblocks every day but when we want something we find a way. No one signs up to fail but many sign up thinking it'll just happen.

It took me forever to start calling PC a job. It's too much fun. But I get an income from it and I have to be organized and schedule it to succeed so it's a job. You have to work any job and if you do it with a positive attitude and don't dwell on the things that irritate you about it you will like it and have a better chance of succeeding.

My advanced director told us once in a training session, beware of the internet -- it is a HUGE robber of time you could be spending on your business. That really hit home with me, b/c I wasted So much time on the loops! Now I try instead to spend that time on my business, and it has been made HUGE difference. So, my suggestion to move forward is to tap into the online training -- there is tons of it! Listen to the tele-class recordings. Jane Miller's recordings about the monthly promotions are FANTASTIC! So many ideas! So are those Beat Your Best recordings -- packed with ideas. Load up with new ideas and who knows what level can be reached. Although I am disappointed b/c my new recruits just getting started won't get an fairly easy to get new spring item, I will be coaching them to set their goals up there high enough that they have to stretch to reach them!

Sandi

I just wanted to say that the most recent posts are awesome. However, I do plan to delete this thread before the weekend is out. The older posts just cause me so much stress after a long, bad day at a fair. (Did get some tentative bookings, however, so not a waste of time.)

And Sheila, one of the things I plan to do before the end of the weekend is to send you an e-mail. I appreciate you so much!

And Beth, I just have to say that though I don't agree with you all the time your post is REALLY inspirational! Just gives me a lot of hope and perspective! So many people who do this full time have the mentality that their goals should be the same as mine and that I'm lazy if I don't accomplish what they do. I just do this part-time and that's OK.

I just wish people would remember that people who post on these boards are PEOPLE with feelings. Maybe I was a bit harsh in what I said, but to me, there's a BIG difference between talking about an incentive and talking about a HUMAN BEING.

I work full time too and I'm on track to earn a trip! You can do anything you set your mind to but the biggest thing is that when you think negative your business will be negative too!

Another reason to delete this thread ... based on all the attacks on Friday, I hold my breath a little every time I see a new post!

I agree ... I just need to say that I am the kind of person that doesn't like to get my hopes up of something if there's a possibility I'll fall short. That's why I was so upset when my previous product line raised its minimum level for a qualifyng show from $150 to $250. Give me a goal I can reach, and I'll rise above it. Give me a goal that is too far above my reach, and I won't try.

Unless, of course, I change my mind and realize I'll do it for reasons other than the goal. That's kind of where I am now.

Just read this from a newsletter I subscribe to and thought it appropriate to post.

From Gary Coxe:

In our day to day lives we are bombarded with tens of thousands of
thoughts. These thoughts shape our actions, feelings, and emotions.

One of the joys I have in what I do is helping people to become acutely
aware of those thoughts and more importantly how to control them in
such a way that their thoughts don't take over their emotions.

Our thoughts and beliefs lead to emotions and feelings which cause us
to take some action step, which from time to time my even be to take
no action at all.

Have you ever woken up and felt as if you were in the 'zone'. You know,
that mental place where you feel everything is going to go your way
today. Isn't it a great feeling to have?

On the other hand, I'm sure you've had one of those days where you
woke up and wished you didn't. You know the saying, "I woke up on the
wrong side of the bed!"

Don't you tend to have a bad day all day when you feel this way? The
reason for either result is how you are conditioned or programmed to
react to your surroundings and thoughts.

I want to share with you a simple way to instantly 'deprogram' yourself,
for lack of a better word. This will train your brain to create a pattern
of leading your emotions instead of following them.

When things go right or wrong we often have a conditioned response. The
most popular response I hear people say when things don't go their way
is, "If it ain't one thing, it's another." Or, "When it rains it pours!"

Trust me on this one. The moment, I mean the very moment you utter
those words, you have just been caught up by your own negative
programming.

These statements and ones like them are only associated with what we
perceive as negative. Do you ever hear someone say these things when
things are great and life couldn't be better? Of course not!

I call these statements 'Attitude Adjusting Statements'. You'll note that
the moment you say statements like these your day will start going down
hill...fast! Why does this happen?

It's not because you 'spoke it into the universe'. It happens because you
have created negative associations to these statements. Here is the danger
in thinking like this.

The moment you say one of these statements and something happens
after you say it that has a slight hint of negativity associated with
it, you will end up exaggerating the problem and you make it worse than it
really is.

Why? Because you've already set yourself up to reaffirm you must be
right because of spitting out one of these attitude adjusting statements.

If you are prone to saying anything like them, stop today! You will
instantly deprogram this negative conditioning and it will instantly
cause you to focus on changing your perception.

Trust me...it works wonders! I've had LOTS of 'negative' things happen
to me to practice this on. :)

Being a successful entrepreneur means you have to master your
mindset. This starts from controling your thoughts and emotions.

Can we just give this thread a rest? bless & release?

Intrepid_Chef said:
Another reason to delete this thread ... based on all the attacks on Friday, I hold my breath a little every time I see a new post!

I agree ... I just need to say that I am the kind of person that doesn't like to get my hopes up of something if there's a possibility I'll fall short. That's why I was so upset when my previous product line raised its minimum level for a qualifyng show from $150 to $250. Give me a goal I can reach, and I'll rise above it. Give me a goal that is too far above my reach, and I won't try.

Unless, of course, I change my mind and realize I'll do it for reasons other than the goal. That's kind of where I am now.

My favorite quote that I learned is "Always aim for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." Which means that you can set your goals as high as you want but even if you don't hit them you will at least get something out of it. So if you aim for $1500 but only hit $1000 that month, you still earned a paycheck, maybe met someone new at your show, booked more shows that month or what ever actually happens. If you do hit it then awesome, next time you can try for something higher! So even if you think it's too high, you never know what will happen if you try!

If I look back at this year, my monthly average is $3000 in sales. Yes I work full time, yes I have personal things to do. If you had told me last year that I would have that high of an average, I would have told you you were crazy. But it happened in a way when I wasn't looking at that specific goal. My goal has been to do 6-8 shows a month and increase my show average. I was averaging about 4-5 shows and $400ish a show. By working on those two things, my monthly average ended up going up. Maybe some months I don't hit 6-8 shows and maybe some months I don't hit $504 (my areas monthly average) but I'm at last going for it and it's showing in the long run. And in the end I'm now on track to earn the trip - something I never would have thought possible as a non-director doing less than 8 shows a month!

Gonna say - life can sometimes feel like a really bad ride in a blender. The emotions and feelings get all jumbled up, we have no idea which end is up or how to get out. We get mad!!! Well, if you can not pour out the contents once in while, it explodes! This is supposed to be the pouring out place as well as the exploding place. Some of us do not have any where else to go to do that. My other half could care a less about my PC disappointments or rants. So I come here. I do not want to bring anyone down but it happens. I apologize. And speaking of making choices, WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE WORD RANT MEANS OUT HERE! Stay out of it if you think it is going to upset you. And you have that right to be upset but please, please, please, respect the person ranting. They are not here to hurt anyone. They are only here to heal themselves. If you do not want to be or can not be part of that healing, please stay out of the thread. I mean seriously, poking a bees nest is not going to calm down the bees. It will only make it worse and make the attack back all the harder. Be careful of what you say. If you really mean to change someones attitude, telling them it is their fault and that they need to change their attitude is not going to help when done harshly. These are the sticks in which the bees nest is poked. I cannot even tell if you mean well in these posts. I felt really sad when I read what some people who have majorly helped me with my attitude said to IC.

Last edited:
<h2>1. Is the Sell A Thon requirement fair for consultants?</h2><p>This is a frequently asked question among Pampered Chef consultants, especially in light of recent changes to the Sell A Thon (SAT) program. Many feel that the new requirements are unfair and unrealistic.</p><h2>2. What are the changes to the SAT program?</h2><p>Last year, the SAT program was changed so that consultants would only receive the 2 shows level if both shows were held AND submitted by the 15th of the month. This has now been extended to all months and the two shows level has been eliminated.</p><h2>3. What is the current requirement for receiving spring products?</h2><p>Currently, consultants must have $1,500 in sales in order to receive spring products. This is a significant increase from previous years and has caused frustration among many consultants.</p><h2>4. Is it attainable for most consultants to reach $1,500 in sales?</h2><p>This is a subjective question and can vary for each consultant. Some may find it easy to reach this goal, while others may struggle. However, it is important to note that this requirement may be unattainable for many consultants who do not have consistent high sales.</p><h2>5. Are the goals set by Pampered Chef SMART?</h2><p>The SMART goal setting method includes making goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Many consultants feel that the current requirements for the SAT program do not meet these criteria and are not in line with the SMART method.</p>

1. Is the Sell A Thon requirement fair for consultants?

This is a frequently asked question among Pampered Chef consultants, especially in light of recent changes to the Sell A Thon (SAT) program. Many feel that the new requirements are unfair and unrealistic.

2. What are the changes to the SAT program?

Last year, the SAT program was changed so that consultants would only receive the 2 shows level if both shows were held AND submitted by the 15th of the month. This has now been extended to all months and the two shows level has been eliminated.

3. What is the current requirement for receiving spring products?

Currently, consultants must have $1,500 in sales in order to receive spring products. This is a significant increase from previous years and has caused frustration among many consultants.

4. Is it attainable for most consultants to reach $1,500 in sales?

This is a subjective question and can vary for each consultant. Some may find it easy to reach this goal, while others may struggle. However, it is important to note that this requirement may be unattainable for many consultants who do not have consistent high sales.

5. Are the goals set by Pampered Chef SMART?

The SMART goal setting method includes making goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Many consultants feel that the current requirements for the SAT program do not meet these criteria and are not in line with the SMART method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • lockhartkitchen