• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why the Rush? Changes to Website Newsletter Needed by 4/26/12

May newsletter go out?In summary, members of the PC newswire were informed to make changes to their website newsletter by 4/26/12, even though the newsletter would not be sent out until 5/1/12. This was likely due to scheduled system maintenance on April 27-28. Some members were confused about how to change their newsletter, but it was clarified that only the custom message could be edited and the rest would be changed automatically by PC. Some members were also excited about the upcoming launch of a new website.
otisbg
Gold Member
Hi
In the PC newswire last night - we were told to make all changes to our website newlstter by 4/26/12. Don't know why but I am not going to question it.....however - even as of now - 8am on 4/25/12 - the custom message page is not updated. Does anyone know why all must be made ready by 4/26/12 - when it is not being sent out until 5/1/12?
Inquiring minds need to know!:rolleyes:

I wondered the same thing!

The note right below that one said:

System Maintenance Scheduled April 27-28

System maintenance to the eNewsletter portal will occur from 10 p.m. (CT) April 27 until 6 a.m. (CT) April 28.
During the scheduled maintenance, you will be unable to add/edit eNewsletter contacts or make any changes
to your personal message and photo.​

So I'm guessing that must be part of the reason why....we can hope and dream that we are finally going to be transitioning over to the "new web." :D

Thanks for the reminder! I just went in and updated my message. :)

LOL. Keep dreaming. ;) But it's what keeps us going right? I almost wish they HADN'T told us about it...if they were going to make us wait so long. Now whenever I do things in P3 or lug my laptop to a show, I just grumble. :DI just opened a preview of the upcoming newsletter, then when i went in to customize, I had copied the part of the default message I wanted to keep, and added the rest I wanted to customize. So I'm set up. Hopefully their maintenance doesn't muck it up. :D

Ok, I'm a newbie and feel a little stupid at the moment... how do I change my Newsletter?? When I view it, it's all April stuff and I can't figure out how to change that. Does it automatically change to May items and we just can change the Custom Message?

maldvs said:
Ok, I'm a newbie and feel a little stupid at the moment... how do I change my Newsletter?? When I view it, it's all April stuff and I can't figure out how to change that. Does it automatically change to May items and we just can change the Custom Message?

Yes, all you can change is the custom message. The rest is done by PC - it will be different for May, even though we can't see that yet.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes, all you can change is the custom message. The rest is done by PC - it will be different for May, even though we can't see that yet.

Ok thank you. :blushing:

You can preview the May newsletter by clicking the "preview upcoming newsletter" on the page where you chose if you want to go to customer connection or your newsletter (its on the right, last option)

esavvymom said:
LOL. Keep dreaming. ;) But it's what keeps us going right? I almost wish they HADN'T told us about it...if they were going to make us wait so long. Now whenever I do things in P3 or lug my laptop to a show, I just grumble. :D

I just opened a preview of the upcoming newsletter, then when i went in to customize, I had copied the part of the default message I wanted to keep, and added the rest I wanted to customize. So I'm set up. Hopefully their maintenance doesn't muck it up. :D

I also went ahead & edited mine. By the way, did you get the email about the new web tonight???? Won't be dreaming for long my friends!!!!

What kind of messages do you all put on your newsletter, other than the the generic one? I would like to make it person but I am stumped!

AshleyAllison said:
I also went ahead & edited mine. By the way, did you get the email about the new web tonight???? Won't be dreaming for long my friends!!!!

You can thank me later. ;). It was because I took the pessimistic approach, hahah. When I used to work "on call" tech jobs, we were superstitious (jokingly)...... We learned that when we said things were going smooth or quiet, then invariably, before the end of our week, we would have major issues and outages that resulted in all-nighters and lots of work. But if we were pessimists, and said "so far so good" or "nothing YET", or like my above comment, then we would survive the week with no problems. So since I didnt believe we would see it any time soon, that was when they announce a date. :D

Hahaha

When did or does the May newsletter go out? I set it up for the first time and I am not sure how to tell when it is sent out.

jbondr said:
When did or does the May newsletter go out? I set it up for the first time and I am not sure how to tell when it is sent out.

Yesterday.

You'll receive a Warm Call report email when the first stats are ready to view. Those stats (in the newsletter admin page) will show you how many went out, how many opened, clicks, etc. it won't be 100% accurate, because not all email systems will report back but you'll get a rough idea, plus know that it was sent.

You can also make sure to add one of your own email addresses to the subscriber list. I used to get a copy sent to my own email address (added myself to the list) but for some reason, it won't come to me anymore (I've checked spam too). But I know my customers get it- because I see the Warm Report, AND I've gotten calls/emails/orders after it went out. I'll just put a different email address - one that doesn't match the "Sender" email, maybe that's it.

Thanks for the information. I put my address in but never got the newsletter so I was wondering if it went out.

Yeah....I don't know what is up with that. It used to work. I'll try one of my other emails for next month to see if that works.

there is no warm call report yet?? It has been more than 24 hours since it was sent out...:cry:

ChefBeckyD said:
Is this enewsletter only available for Americans because I can't find it anywhere

1. Why do I need to make changes to my website newsletter by 4/26/12?

We are constantly striving to improve our customers' experience on our website. The changes being implemented on 4/26/12 are meant to enhance the functionality and usability of the website, making it easier for customers to navigate and find what they are looking for.

2. Will the changes affect my current website newsletter layout and design?

The changes being made to the website newsletter will not affect the layout and design of your current newsletter. However, we highly recommend that you update your newsletter to reflect the changes on the website for a more cohesive and seamless experience for your customers.

3. Do I need to make the changes to my website newsletter manually or will they be automatically updated?

The changes to the website newsletter will be automatically updated for all Pampered Chef consultants. However, if you have made any customizations to your newsletter, you may need to make the necessary changes manually to ensure the newsletter is updated correctly.

4. What will happen if I do not make the changes to my website newsletter by 4/26/12?

If you do not make the changes to your website newsletter by 4/26/12, your newsletter may not reflect the updated features and functionality of the website. This could lead to confusion for your customers and a less enjoyable shopping experience.

5. How will the changes to the website newsletter benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The changes being made to the website newsletter are meant to improve the overall user experience, making it easier for customers to shop and ultimately increasing sales. As a consultant, this will benefit you by potentially increasing your sales and customer satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbdowd0798
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • SpiritdancerIA
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies