• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Benefits: Tips for Maximizing Product Value and Savings

In summary, the best way to maximize the benefits to the host is to remember to give them the guest special if they spend $60 out of pocket, encourage the host to try to get to the next level if they are close, and explain the host combination items on the inside back cover.
KimmyDarling
This might sound really dumb, but are there any general rules of thumb y'all have that help to maximize the benefits to the host? Such as what the best choices as half-price items are, etc?

I'm playing around with a host order in PP right now, but don't want to miss some obvious trick that will help her get the most products for the least $$.

Thanks!!!

I can't wait to see other, better responses but here are some thoughts:

Always remember to give the host the guest special if they spend $60 out of pocket.

Encourage the host to try to get to the next level if they are close

Explain the host combination items on the inside back cover

Remind them about the monthly host special and ask them if they have a friend/relative that would like to use it if they don't

Ask them if there was anyone at the party that MIGHT book a party so they can get the past host special. This also helps me know possible bookings that I might have missed.

Ask them if their was a particular host special coming up that they were interested in so you can encourage their friend to book a party them. Also, if they are about to buy a stone you might say, "you can get that 60% off if Sally holds a party in February, would you like to wait?" Hopefully, they'll encourage Sally to hold that party.

Tell them they aren't being charged shipping and that tax is not on the free product. Often, host are really excited to know they saved $4 plus tax on $140.

Thanks, Bee. Those are very important suggestions.I was thinking more along the lines of whether or not there are some tips on calculating the best combination of free vs half-price stuff in Pampered Partner. Such as, do you always do the most expensive items at half price, etc.

KimmyDarling said:
Such as, do you always do the most expensive items at half price, etc.

Usually, I suggest they purchase their most expensive items as the 1/2 price choice. However if your host who has little or no money to spend, do the exact opposite. They can use their 1/2 price choices on the most inexpensive items on the list. Sometimes they won't want to use the 1/2 price choices at all. (sometimes I ask if I can use the choice or ask them if they have a friend or relative who would like to purchase a product at 50%)

When I'm talking about the host benefits I do explain that the 1/2 price Host Combinations are the best bang for their buck IF it's something that they'll use.

Sometimes I ask them to give me a few minutes (tell them you'll call them back) so I can play with the items they want to get them the best deal possible. Move things around (what's free, 1/2 price or discounted) in their order and see what happens to the total.

HTH

chefjeanine said:
Usually, I suggest they purchase their most expensive items as the 1/2 price choice. However if your host who has little or no money to spend, do the exact opposite. They can use their 1/2 price choices on the most inexpensive items on the list. Sometimes they won't want to use the 1/2 price choices at all. (sometimes I ask if I can use the choice or ask them if they have a friend or relative who would like to purchase a product at 50%)

When I'm talking about the host benefits I do explain that the 1/2 price Host Combinations are the best bang for their buck IF it's something that they'll use.

Sometimes I ask them to give me a few minutes (tell them you'll call them back) so I can play with the items they want to get them the best deal possible. Move things around (what's free, 1/2 price or discounted) in their order and see what happens to the total.

HTH

That is exactly what I do. I'm glad I'm on the right track. Thanks!

I do the same thing!I always do the same thing with my hosts. Some have the money to spend and use their half price items for the most expensive items, or the half price combos.
Others have a tighter budget and use their half price for lower priced items and use their FPV and discount to get their higher priced items.

It just depends. Some ladies just give me a list and their credit card number. So I find that I play around with PP to give them the best deal so they know I tried to do what is best for them, instead of just charging away and not even trying.
It was fun to try to do that for myself at my open house show. I sold about $600+ and I played around until I was satisfied and stayed in my budget.

Debbie :D

I play around with the 1/2 price items until I get the lowest possible total. Sometimes the most expensive work as 1/2 price, sometimes taking those as FPV work better. Just depends on the amount earned.

I also book all maybes so they don't lose out on booking benefit. I date them the 1st of a month to "cue" me i.e. if they are interested in January I do 1/1 for the date.

Last I always rebook the host, they may want to do a catalog show when the new one comes out. Or if it's a good friend or family member and I have some outside orders (i.e. craft fair or open house) I can then put it in their name, extend their discount etc.

HTH!

*Important Tip*

Are you aware that Hosts can receive the Guest Special if they spend $60 in products... and the 60% and the 1/2 priced items count towards the$60???

My Director had this confirmed by HO.

1. How can I earn the maximum host benefits when hosting a Pampered Chef party?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products by having a successful party. To maximize your host benefits, be sure to invite plenty of guests, promote your party on social media, and encourage your guests to place orders.

2. What is the average amount of host benefits that can be earned?

The amount of host benefits you can earn depends on the total sales from your party. On average, hosts earn about $200 in free and discounted products, but this amount can vary based on the size and success of your party.

3. Are there any additional ways to earn host benefits besides having a party?

Yes! You can also earn host benefits by hosting a virtual party or booking a party with a friend. You can also earn additional rewards by becoming a Pampered Chef consultant and hosting your own parties.

4. Can I use my host benefits to purchase any product in the Pampered Chef catalog?

Host benefits can be used to purchase any product in the catalog, with the exception of a few limited edition or seasonal items. You can also use your benefits to cover the cost of shipping and handling fees.

5. How long do I have to redeem my host benefits?

Your host benefits are valid for 60 days after the date of your party. Be sure to use them before they expire to get the most out of your rewards!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethanyN
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sarahlegare
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • kimmienova