• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to Reality: Exploring Chicago After an Incentive Trip to Hawaii!

In summary, The Pampered Chef incentive trip was great. The resort was beautiful, the Luau was wonderful, and the weather was fantastic. The only downside was that Doris, Jean, and Marla were there, and I missed being able to hug them. I am definitely going on an incentive trip next year, and I am thinking about doing a Caribbean cruise.
ChefCKHall
Back to reality...next stop CHICAGO!!

Loved my first incentive trip with The Pampered Chef! Amazing time. Every detail taken care of. AWESOME Hawaii Floral Shirts!

Turned the corner the first day and there standing all by themselves....Doris, Jean, Marla....YEP Photo ensued. Haha, could not hug them cuz I was all slimy with sunscreen!

The resort was beautiful. The Luau was wonderful. The weather was fantastic.

Am I going on an incentive trip next year? YOU BET!

Torn now...would love to do GOLD cruise but the tropical island magic was awesome...thinking SILVER might be nice too!!!! Hmmmmm, guess I have time to make up my mind and get my behind back to biz!

Missed you all! MUAH :love:
CK

Glad you had a great time. Now get working on your workshop for conference! It will be another great way for you to share at your shows how great the company is. Talking about incentive trips is definitely a recruiting tool. It hooked me :)

Glad you had a great time! :D

Bff...ya gotta do Silver so we are on the same trip!!!!!

Ck- it was great meeting you in the lobby!
I am in agreement- Maui was amazing. My director and I did the zipline while the hubbies did the helicopter tour- she and I both get motion sickness and they both wanted to do that so it worked out perfectly. That was THE most fun thing I have ever done.
On top of what CK said-the event at the Maui Ocean Center was amazing. Waiters and waitresses walking around with coconut shrimp/spring rolls/ etc at the first three turns. Then outside was a huge dinner setup- pork, beef, tempurra fish and shrimp, shrimp cocktail, sushi, fruit, salads, desserts. Holy cow! And when we got back to the hotel, in each of our rooms was a gift bag with a digital picture frame. What an amazing final touch. This was the best trip I have ever taken. Wow-OH.

Glad you had a great trip. I say GO FOR GOLD. Caribbean Cruises are SO AFFORDABLE to send yourself on. So let them pay for the expensive one. And you can send yourself on the less expensive one.

beckyjsmith said:
Ck- it was great meeting you in the lobby!
I am in agreement- Maui was amazing. My director and I did the zipline while the hubbies did the helicopter tour- she and I both get motion sickness and they both wanted to do that so it worked out perfectly. That was THE most fun thing I have ever done.
On top of what CK said-the event at the Maui Ocean Center was amazing. Waiters and waitresses walking around with coconut shrimp/spring rolls/ etc at the first three turns. Then outside was a huge dinner setup- pork, beef, tempurra fish and shrimp, shrimp cocktail, sushi, fruit, salads, desserts. Holy cow! And when we got back to the hotel, in each of our rooms was a gift bag with a digital picture frame. What an amazing final touch. This was the best trip I have ever taken. Wow-OH.

You get motion sickness, but you can handle a zipline?! Wow. :yuck: I think I'd lose it either way. A helicopter tour works for me until about 20-30 minutes into it...THEN I start to not enjoy it anymore. Not sure I could do the zipline, but I guess it can't be any worse than strapping myself to an open train car and hurling myself off the edge (roller-coaster).

esavvymom said:
You get motion sickness, but you can handle a zipline?! Wow. :yuck: I think I'd lose it either way. A helicopter tour works for me until about 20-30 minutes into it...THEN I start to not enjoy it anymore. Not sure I could do the zipline, but I guess it can't be any worse than strapping myself to an open train car and hurling myself off the edge (roller-coaster).

lol Bobbi- the zipline is open air and goes straight. The dipping and wobbling is what I can't deal with with the helicopter. I was nervous beforehand but I am SO glad we did it. It was so much fun.

LOVED MAUI!! My husband loved it so much he wants to move there....don't think that will happen, but for him to say that, WOW! Anyway, loved every minute we spent in Hawaii - what a beautiful state!
We went on the zip-line as well -- I'm very afraid of heights but had no problems with this for some reason! The best part of all was that Doris & Julie (her daughter) went on our tour! I have some great pics of Doris ziplining!! :) LOL
The Pampered Chef team did an amazing job - all the details -- wow! I, however, didn't like the Hawaiian shirts -- but plan on doing some altering to them. So, we'll see how they turn out!
Thanks again, PC, for another awesome trip! See you all when we cruise the open ocean next year!!:)

Wow, what motivation you all are for me!!!! I plan to earn the TOT and the Level 1 cruise! Heck, I might even strive for level 2! ;) (Sorry old PC in me...the SILVER cruise!)

We loved Maui also, the weather was beautiful the drive to HANA was quite the experience for me, the hotel was very nice as well. Well worth working for and now I am already halfway to the cruise. Hopefully smooth sailing from here to Dec!!! LOL

Maui was awesome! Took our 28 year old daughter from Miami (I am from Indiana) and stayed an additional week on Oahu with friends. AWESOME!

My hubby was nice enough to let DD go with me this time since we go every other year anyway, but he was sad he didn't go -- no to mention that this was the longest time I have been away from him in 30 years!

Attaching a pic of me on the catamaran, me and Jean, and sunset on Maui!

Attachments

• Janice on the Catamaran 2011.jpg
    Janice on the Catamaran 2011.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Oh, and here I am with Jean, Marla and Doris!

Attachments

• Jean, Marla, Janice ans Doris.jpg
    Jean, Marla, Janice ans Doris.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 465
Gonna have to post mine! Did you notice how slim and trim all three are!!

1. What are some must-see attractions in Chicago after returning from an incentive trip to Hawaii?

Chicago has so much to offer after a relaxing trip to Hawaii! Some popular attractions include the Willis Tower Skydeck, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and the Art Institute of Chicago.

2. Are there any unique dining experiences in Chicago that are worth trying after coming back from a trip to Hawaii?

Definitely! Chicago is known for its diverse and delicious food scene. Be sure to try deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's or Giordano's, indulge in a Chicago-style hot dog, and try some authentic Italian beef sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for Garrett's Popcorn!

3. How can I make the most of my time in Chicago after returning from an incentive trip to Hawaii?

One of the best ways to explore Chicago is by taking a river or architecture tour. You can also rent bikes and ride along Lake Michigan, visit the famous Bean sculpture in Millennium Park, and catch a show at one of the city's renowned theaters.

4. Are there any outdoor activities in Chicago that are perfect for a group after an incentive trip to Hawaii?

Absolutely! Chicago has beautiful parks and beaches perfect for outdoor activities like kayaking, paddleboarding, and beach volleyball. You can also rent a boat and take a cruise on Lake Michigan or plan a picnic in one of the city's many green spaces.

5. Is there a special event or festival happening in Chicago that is a must-see after returning from an incentive trip to Hawaii?

Chicago is known for its lively festivals and events, and there are always new ones popping up. Some popular ones to check out after your trip to Hawaii include the Chicago Jazz Festival, Taste of Chicago, and the Chicago Air and Water Show. You can also do a quick online search for events happening during your visit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back