• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for the Turkey Basics Mashed Potatoes Recipe?

In summary, to make creamy mashed potatoes, boil and mash peeled and cubed potatoes with butter, milk, salt, and pepper. You can make them ahead of time and reheat in the oven. To prevent lumpy potatoes, mash thoroughly and add milk and butter gradually. Different types of potatoes can be used, but may result in varying textures and flavors. For dairy-free mashed potatoes, use dairy-free alternatives for butter and milk and adjust seasonings to taste.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
Does anyone have the mashed potatoes recipe from the Turkey Basics recipe collection. I can't find that recipe anywhere. Thanks.

Sarah

Sarah,
I just opened a new package of those recipe cards, and can't find a recipe for mashed potatoes in it. Now with that said, the end of the plastice was open, so maybe I had taken it out for some reason. There are 7 cards in the package I have. Sorry, I wasn't any help.
Deb

A mashed potato recipe? You boil the potatoes, you mash them with butter and milk. Is there something special about that particular recipe that's different from regular mashed potatoes?

1. How do I make creamy mashed potatoes?

To make creamy mashed potatoes, start by boiling peeled and cubed potatoes until they are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add butter, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the potatoes. Then, use a hand mixer or potato masher to mix everything together until the potatoes reach your desired consistency.

2. Can I make mashed potatoes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make mashed potatoes ahead of time. After boiling and mashing the potatoes, transfer them to a baking dish and cover with foil. When you are ready to serve, reheat the potatoes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.

3. How do I prevent lumpy mashed potatoes?

To prevent lumpy mashed potatoes, make sure to thoroughly mash the potatoes with a hand mixer or potato masher. You can also add the milk and butter gradually, mixing as you go, to ensure a smooth consistency. Additionally, using warm milk and melted butter can also help prevent lumps.

4. Can I use different types of potatoes for mashed potatoes?

Yes, you can use different types of potatoes for mashed potatoes. Russet potatoes are the most commonly used, but Yukon Gold or red potatoes can also work well. Just keep in mind that different types of potatoes may result in slightly different textures and flavors.

5. How do I make dairy-free mashed potatoes?

To make dairy-free mashed potatoes, substitute the butter with a dairy-free alternative, such as vegan butter or olive oil. You can also use a non-dairy milk, such as almond or coconut milk, in place of regular milk. Remember to adjust the amount of liquid and seasonings to your taste as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • mom2matt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies