• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Made Mashed Potatoes in the Rice Cooker?

In summary, Has anyone made mashed poatoes in the rice cooker? My SED this morning said that she heard about this. Apparently, you put raw peeled potatoes in the rice cooker and just microwave them on high for 15 minutes. Then you mash them with butter. She is supposed to send me the details, but the consultant that is doing this is also doing the Pork Tenderloin in the DCB. She's doing the tenderloin first and while it rests she does the potatoes. I think I'm going to try this one.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Has anyone made mashed poatoes in the rice cooker? I was talking to my SED this morning and she said that she heard about this. I don't have all the details, but you put raw peeled potatoes in the rice cooker - nothing else. Microwave on high for @ 15 mins. Then mash them with butter. She is supposed to send me the details, but the consultant that is doing this is also doing the Pork Tenderloin in the DCB. she's doing the tenderloin first and while it rests she does the potatoes. I think I'm going to try this one. Showcases two fabulous items :)

I make them all the time. For the best results, cut the potatoes into smaller cubes.

2-3 Medium Potatoes
3/4 Cup Milk
1/2 stick butter or margarine

Peel & cube potatoes. Place potato cubes in Rice Cooker+ and rinse well. Add milk and butter. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Remove and stir well. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes, then mash using Mix N' Masher. Salt & Pepper to taste.

VARIATIONS - Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Add 1 fresh garlic clove to potato cubes then place in microwave. Remove garlic clove before mashing.
Ranch Mashed Potatoes: Add 1/2 package of Hidden Vally Ranch Dressing Mix to cooked potato cubes, then mash. Add additional milk or butter as necessary.

I made the Ranch Mashed Potatoes with the Pork Tenderloin at one of my shows... the two dishes really complimented each other. Then I sold 2 DCBs and 2 Rice Cookers!

Last edited:
The way she explained it - you don't put anything in the rice cooker with the potatoes - that way they steam while the cook.

Which seasoning did you put on the tenderloin?

I cook my potatoes with the butter & milk, but I guess you could try it without.

For the tenderloin, I used the Smokey BBQ rub.

The current issue of Food Network magazine has a recipe with microwave mashed potatoes. It says:Microwave potatoes (1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, pierced with a fork) on high until soft, about 20 minutes. Using a fork, mash the potatoes in a bowl with 2 tablespoons butter. Add 3/4 to 1 cup milk and mash. Season with salt and pepper.Seems to me you could very easily do that in the rice cooker. And cutting the potatoes would reduce the cook time.

I read to do it with milk and butter BUT the directions said to pour the milk until it covers the potatoes - it is WAY too much milk! 3/4 of a cup sounds better.

I have never heard/tried with NO milk or butter. hmmm.....

I make mashed potatoes in the Classic batter bowl and always end up selling a ton of those when I do it.

Cube your potatoes until they fill the bowl to the line (about 1 inch from the top)
2/3 cup milk
1 stick of butter
put the lid on sideways so the steam can escape
Microwave for 13 minutes.

Add the trio (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
I ALWAYS add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sour cream for creamiest mashed potatoes
stir with bamboo spoon

I don't have to mash because they are so tender and I don't use a mixer either. They are super delicious. You can add more milk or sour cream as you desire when they are done. We enjoy them as is. I also cut the butter into pads and stir into the milk and potatoes so it's really all over before I microwave.

1. Can I really make mashed potatoes in a rice cooker?

Yes, it is possible to make delicious mashed potatoes in a rice cooker! It may seem unconventional, but it can save you time and effort in the kitchen.

2. What kind of potatoes should I use?

You can use any kind of potatoes for this recipe, but we recommend using starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Gold for the creamiest texture.

3. Do I need to peel the potatoes?

Peeling the potatoes is optional. If you prefer smoother mashed potatoes, we recommend peeling them. However, leaving the skin on can add some extra texture and nutrients to your dish.

4. How long does it take to make mashed potatoes in a rice cooker?

The cooking time can vary depending on the type and size of your potatoes, but it typically takes around 20-30 minutes to make mashed potatoes in a rice cooker.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the mashed potatoes?

Absolutely! You can add in garlic, herbs, cheese, or any other ingredients you like to customize your mashed potatoes. Just make sure to add them in towards the end of the cooking process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
shannonjennings
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • chefsteph07