• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recipe Ideas: Martha Stewart vs. Rachael Ray

In summary, people like Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray to get ideas for new and innovative show ideas.
Cookingfool
Does anyone subscribe to Martha Stewart or watch Rachael Ray to get idea's? Im trying to come up with new & innovative show idea's. I know, alot of people dont like Martha... but come on... she DOES have some cool ideas...

I watch Rachel almost every day. I TiVo it and go through them quickly for segments that I don't care to see. I do learn more about food that way!

I like Martha. Can't stand Rachael.

DebbieJ said:
I like Martha. Can't stand Rachael.

Why?

She's starting to bug me a little. Too much baby talk and weird mannerisms. :)

I want her to STOP SCREAMING at me.

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d :d :d :d :d

I like them both. I used to get Martha's mag, but I found most stuff in it was a little too over the top for me. Always something kind of exotic, whether it was an ingredient or technique or even craft project, SO...I stopped. I got my direcor the Rachel Ray mag for Christmas, and she said she was returning the favor, but I haven't gotten my first one yet, so I dunno...I just depend on all the Cheffers for good ideas!!

DebbieJ said:
I want her to STOP SCREAMING at me.

Yum - Oh......

Yuck O! That's my issue with Rachel. Can't fault her for working what she has, but at little less Yum O, EVOO, etc would be nice!

She has given me some recipe ideas, but her 30 min meals are rarely 30 min.

As for Martha, another woman who has worked her way into a fortune. Say what you want about Martha, she has built a heck of an empire.

You know what else I like about Martha? When she got into her little trouble, she stood up and "took it like a WOman," served her time, and went right on. I think it's kind of nice that she didn't make big news of it and go down kicking and screaming. I give her a lot of respect

I agree with you, Kim - I respect Martha. I like Rachael's meals, but they always take me 30 minutes - plus another hour! And she has to slow down with her arm movements - she's going to take off!

I like Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. She kind of drives me nuts, too, but I love her ideas and she makes cooking seem less intimidating.

I watch Martha & Rachel, get both of their magazines & have all of their cookbooks
When we first moved here the neighbors all called me Martha I had all boxes unpacked (with help of DH, mom and my aunt within the first 48 hours) all curtains & blinds up etc it looked like I had been here 6 months when they came to introduce themselves.
They even introduced me at a women's meeting a few months later as Martha. (2 older women still think it's my name) last week at Target as I handed the guy my check and a lady from a few streets over walked past me and said Hi Martha and asked if we'd had a nice Christmas. I'm sure the kid thought I was handing him a stolen check HA!!
anyway, we do a "you've been hit!! (think snowballs) & You've been booed (Ghosts) saw they had bags for it at Target this year. It's a secret Santa/goblin thing and you gift 3 families and they gift 3 families. (Keeping it Secret is the KEY)
My kids and I froze Santa ice sculptures & made 2 plates of cookies and candy & stuck ice Santa in the middle snuck up to the door, rang doorbell and ran off. The card said Merry Christmas from the Stewarts!! We assumed they'd get the punch line!! INSTEAD, they BOTH called the lady coordinating it & asked her to talk to Mrs. Stewart who had recently moved here and nicely explained the gifts next year shouldn't include their name....

We were all together a few days later & one of them offered us some candy and said I wish I knew how she made them so I rattled off the recipe. Then it hit them, I nearly wet my pants. We still laugh about it.

I love Martha because she can laugh at herself. She also isn't afraid to be a dork. I haven't watched her show in a while, but I used to love watching. Her April Fool's Day show the first year was HILARIOUS. Rachael Ray gets on my nerves in a huge way. Her cookbooks are fine, but I can't watch her. She's too loud for my taste. As my mom would have said, "she's a bit much for me."

Im new to being home during the day (I work nights now), but Im always running around. I've watched Martha in the past, I do like her ideas but she just seems to be pretty boring. Rachael is more my speed (italian), but I never get to watch her. After watching her a little bit yesterday I went on her website and didnt see anything about a magazine, just books.

It's called Everyday with Rachel Ray,
As far as magazines go, it's so-so not sure I'll renew.

Rachael is so animated and over the top. Martha is so real and down to earth. Although her tastes and ideas may be "hoity-toity" and complicated, she herself is very matter of fact and just comfortable.

I used to like Rachael when she first did 30 Minute Meals, but now her other Food Network shows and her talk show make me want to gag.

I used to love Rachel Ray, but she is getting a little overexposed. I don't like her other FoodNetwork shows either. I really liked her 30-minute meals. Some of her recipes are really kinda crazy though.

Martha is a bit hoity for me. I have watched her new show a few times and it is more on the level of a novice type crafty person though still out there! She is a wealth of information! I cannot take watching a whole show though. She irks me!

I would go with the Paula magazine it it the best, I got Racheals as a gift and I'm glad my friend did not renew it. Pauls is better than any of them. She rocks

I don't like Rachael Ray either. She is too loud mouthed it gets on my nerves. I liked her when she did the $40 a day travel show. She was less intense.

I watch Martha every once in a while. When her show first came on, I watched everyday, but now she bugs me some. Drives me nuts because she interrupts and adds dumb comments when she should be LISTENING to her guests. That being said, I do learn from her.

I don't get MS mag, it's too over the top for me too. I just started subscribing to Racheal Ray's mag and I really like it! I think I will get a lot out of it!

BTW, look for a special edition magazine (I talked about it in another thread) from MSL. It's her "Good Things" kitchen edition and it has 91 kitchen tips that are good to sprinkle throughout your show to teach people new things!

dianepcc said:
I would go with the Paula magazine it it the best, I got Racheals as a gift and I'm glad my friend did not renew it. Pauls is better than any of them. She rocks
Does Paula Deen have a magazine?!?!?? What is it called! I LOVE her!

I adore Paula Deen. She is the best. All her recipes are to die for. She is just so funny and down to earth. She worked hard to get where she is today.

I love Martha. I tape her show everyday and watch them all on Sunday morning. I also get Food and Martha Stewart Living. There are a few things she does that's a bit above my ability but she has to put things out for even the experienced cooks and crafters.

I can't stand Rachel. She was OK when you got little doses of her on Oprah, but watching a whole hour no way. I have her cookbooks and haven't made a single thing out of them. I got them thru double day books and if I had looked through them before I would not have bothered with them.

I'm a Rachael fan. Yes, she's VERY animated, but I don't mind that. I am, too. I subscribe to her magazine and enjoy it very much. She's down to earth. While my taste in food doesn't always match hers, I appreciate the simple, everyday way she cooks.

I applaud Martha for moving beyond the problems she had. I also think she seems more relaxed now than she did before. That's a good thing. My issue with Martha is that, IMO, she acts like you should be able to do all of the things she does--run your home perfectly, have beautiful vegetable and flower gardens (one dedicated to cuttings alone), throw lavish dinner parties, and make your beds with perfect hospital corners (she's adamant about no fitted sheets). Well, I could do all that, too, if I had a full-time staff including several gardeners and additional seasonal help. I also wish she'd actually listen to what people are saying to her when they speak. I find that really irritating. I used to watch her show and I've read many issues of MSL. Never once made one of her recipes. Everything seems to be really complicated and many of her recipes require odd items that I can't find in my dinky little area. Honestly, while I like to cook, if a recipe has more than 6 or 7 steps beyond the usual chopping and mixing, I usually don't bother.

I really like Martha alot, though I didn't enjoy her magazine. Rachael Ray bugs me to no end! I can't even watch her for 10 minutes before I have to turn it off. She's too loud and manic for me.

I do like Rachael but she mentiones her mother in every sentence she says!

Rebeccascabinet said:
I really like Martha alot, though I didn't enjoy her magazine. Rachael Ray bugs me to no end! I can't even watch her for 10 minutes before I have to turn it off. She's too loud and manic for me.

Ha ha! Very manic for me also! When I first started watching her I had to turn it off but now I can watch the whole episode. She definitely is manic!!

I love Rachel Ray! I think she has some really cute ideas!

I also love Martha's Idea and creativity. Paula Deen is awesome and the semi-homemade Sandra Lee is awesome too.

Yes, I love everyone. ;)

Wow! I have never heard of Paula before!!! I just went to her website and subscribed to her newsletter.

Cookingfool said:
Wow! I have never heard of Paula before!!! I just went to her website and subscribed to her newsletter.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you've never heard of Paula Deen! She is great and has the most wonderful, indulgent recipes. I LOVE her cookbooks and every recipe of hers that I make, I get RAVE reviews!

Alright, I went to her website, Im pretty pumped.

I think Im just going to save the websites for everyone and browse through them when I get bored, instead of subscribing to a bunch of magazines. Its too overwhelming to pick just one!!!

You should get magazine, you won't be dissapointed. I gave alot of subscriptions for Christmas gifts. My dream is to go visit her when my kids are done high school and college. I have way to much tutition right now.

Martha Stewart...hmmm...gotta respect her ability to overcome a potential disaster...but she puts me to nappy nap time. Rachel Ray could wake someone in a coma!!! Paula Deen is very entertaining, and I love her recipes!! just my opinion

I agree with CHef Kearns
Chef Kearns said:
I used to love Rachel Ray, but she is getting a little overexposed. I don't like her other FoodNetwork shows either. I really liked her 30-minute meals. Some of her recipes are really kinda crazy though.

I used to love RR but know.....not so much. I only like her 30 minute meals show and her $40 a day show. Wayyyyyyyy to much exposure going on with her. I used to have all of her cookbooks (bought them all at once too!!) But I gave the my MIL cause I didnt like the way they were written with the different colored inks and stuff. ANd not to mention a butt load of ingredriants for each recipe it seemed to me!!

Read the current issue of Good Housekeeping (I think) it has a feature article on Paula Deen and her obstacles.

One of the advantages to living without satellite or cable is that I have had very little exposure to Rachael Ray until her syndicated show started up. I know lots of people who feel like she's WAAAAY overexposed, but she's fairly new to me.

I have always been a fan of Martha altough I agree she is a little hoity. I used to LOVE RR but now like pretty much everyone else I'm sick of her. I change the channel when she comes on. Paula is my HERO!! Her story is actually quite inspiring and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her recipies. Good ol' down South home cooking, just like momma used to make!

I absolutely....Adore Paula Deen ya'll!! She rocks the house with her southern cooking. I love the way she is just her big ol goofy self and her food is definately to die for. I have all her cook books and my favorite recipe so far is the one where you line a baking dish with asparagus, the lay chicken atop of it and cover it with the mayo sauce type dealeo and bake, OMG it is wonderful!!

I just realized part of why I like Rachael Ray's food. No mayo. She hates the stuff, and I really can't eat it. Yea, Rach!I have to admit that, while I've heard of Paula Deen, I've never seen her. Again, I have a lowly little TV antenna. I'll have to check her out sometime.

I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE Paula Deen! I'm from Atlanta, and my entire family before me is from WAY South Alabama, so I am a true southern girl. I moved to DC 11 years ago, and feeling like I'm the Token Southerner around here can get kinda old, so I turn her show on every once & awhile just to hear her voice, because she sounds like just about every woman I knew growing up. It cracks my yankee husband up. (He's from here.)I also love and identify with the fact that Paula LOVES FOOD. That's me. I can't talk about food without "ooh-ing" & "ahh-ing" about it!Did y'all see that show she did on Butter? Two girls I know were there. In fact, one of them is the one who showed her how to make Fried Butter!

Those of you buying those cooking magazines don't forget that they are a TAX WRITE OFF!! Oh Yea Baby!!

I am watching a 30 minute meals right now that I recorded this weekend. Is it just me or has Rachel pudged up since she got married?

dollfangs said:
I am watching a 30 minute meals right now that I recorded this weekend. Is it just me or has Rachel pudged up since she got married?

LOL!! That's too funny! She's never been a skinny girl, so who knows!

I enjoy watching some of the cooking shows once in awhile (my favorite of all times is Alton Brown) but I would absolutely never eat anything that any of them make because they don't wash their hands!!!!! I've seen Rachel brush her hair out of her face then pick up some food. How gross. I know I'm a little OCD about hand washing (can you say Monk?) but it's totally disgusting the way some of them are. Emeril wipes his hands then throws the towel over his shoulder then uses it again later.

I turned in a girl at Panera Bread a couple of weeks ago for tucking her shirt in after she put her gloves on. Then she picked up a piece of bread to put on someone's tray. Like I told the manager, gloves don't do any good if you touch everything else with them!

KimmyDarling said:
I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE Paula Deen!

Did y'all see that show she did on Butter? Two girls I know were there. In fact, one of them is the one who showed her how to make Fried Butter!
Fried Butter?!?!?!??!?!? Now, I love butter, too, but......Oh my!

I would LOVE to see one of her shows! She is one of my absolute favorite TV chefs. She seems like she is just "one of the girls!"

I can live without Rachel, but I'd read her books and cookbooks.
Martha gets 1 thumb up, but I'm kinda getting tired of her...she's like a classic though. Julia Child's was awesome...hard to listen to at times, but had a wonderful flare for food. Two thumbs up for Paula though. I don't know when we get her shows here in Germany, but I've watched her in the states and just love her. She had an eggnog mustache, cracked me up.

I have to say though that Alton Brown is my hands down favorite!! I love the way he explains WHY everything works. My husband makes fun of me saying I have a "celebrity crush" on him..lol.

Alton is cool.

mmm...love Good Eats. It's the only cooking show that DH will watch, because of the science. We're nerdly enough that we like getting all those "why's" along with the tips. AB has a few books out that are really good, too.

chefann said:
mmm...love Good Eats. It's the only cooking show that DH will watch, because of the science. We're nerdly enough that we like getting all those "why's" along with the tips. AB has a few books out that are really good, too.

Ann - didn't you get his books for Christmas? I think you talking about them is what turned me on to Alton Brown - and now I'm HOOKED! :D

<h2>1. What is the difference between Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray's approach to recipe ideas?</h2><p>Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray have different styles when it comes to recipe ideas. Martha Stewart focuses on traditional and elegant recipes, while Rachael Ray is known for her quick and easy meals with a fun twist.</p><h2>2. Do people actually subscribe to Martha Stewart or watch Rachael Ray for recipe ideas?</h2><p>Yes, both Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray have a large following of viewers and subscribers who look to them for recipe inspiration. While some may prefer one over the other, both chefs have a loyal fan base who trust their recipe ideas.</p><h2>3. Can you share some examples of new and innovative show ideas for recipe inspiration?</h2><p>Some potential show ideas could include a competition between Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray to see who can come up with the most creative use of a specific ingredient, a segment where they create a recipe using only ingredients found in a typical college dorm room, or a collaboration episode where they combine their signature styles to create a unique dish.</p><h2>4. Why do some people not like Martha Stewart's recipe ideas?</h2><p>Some people may not resonate with Martha Stewart's style of cooking, which can be seen as more traditional or high-end. Others may not like her emphasis on presentation and may prefer more casual and simplified recipes like those of Rachael Ray.</p><h2>5. Is it worth considering Martha Stewart's recipe ideas even if some people don't like her?</h2><p>Absolutely! While not everyone may be a fan of Martha Stewart's recipes, she still has a wealth of knowledge and experience in cooking and entertaining. Plus, her ideas can serve as inspiration for creating your own unique dishes that fit your personal preferences and style.</p>

1. What is the difference between Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray's approach to recipe ideas?

Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray have different styles when it comes to recipe ideas. Martha Stewart focuses on traditional and elegant recipes, while Rachael Ray is known for her quick and easy meals with a fun twist.

2. Do people actually subscribe to Martha Stewart or watch Rachael Ray for recipe ideas?

Yes, both Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray have a large following of viewers and subscribers who look to them for recipe inspiration. While some may prefer one over the other, both chefs have a loyal fan base who trust their recipe ideas.

3. Can you share some examples of new and innovative show ideas for recipe inspiration?

Some potential show ideas could include a competition between Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray to see who can come up with the most creative use of a specific ingredient, a segment where they create a recipe using only ingredients found in a typical college dorm room, or a collaboration episode where they combine their signature styles to create a unique dish.

4. Why do some people not like Martha Stewart's recipe ideas?

Some people may not resonate with Martha Stewart's style of cooking, which can be seen as more traditional or high-end. Others may not like her emphasis on presentation and may prefer more casual and simplified recipes like those of Rachael Ray.

5. Is it worth considering Martha Stewart's recipe ideas even if some people don't like her?

Absolutely! While not everyone may be a fan of Martha Stewart's recipes, she still has a wealth of knowledge and experience in cooking and entertaining. Plus, her ideas can serve as inspiration for creating your own unique dishes that fit your personal preferences and style.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
3RingChef