• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Micro-Cookers Safe to Use After Pitting?

In summary, the customer's micro-cookers got "pitted" after using them and the marks are most likely from overcooking high fat foods. There is no danger in continuing to use the micro-cookers, but the customer should be aware of the advice not to melt things completely.
DebbieJ
I have had a few customers complain about their micro-cookers getting "pitted" after using them.

I know it's from overcooking high fat foods, right? Are the marks just burnt on residue or is the plastic actually damaged?

Is there any danger in continuing to use them?

I told the customer who called me this morning that I would find out.

I don't know what the marks are from but I know it is not from high fat foods. The only thing I cook in mine is vegetables and oatmeal. I just recently melted chocolate in it for the first time but mine has had marks for a while.

Mine has had marks on it for awhile too. I read a thread on this website once awhile ago and someone explained why they eventually get marks. It doesn't affect the way they cook. They probably will eventually need to be replaced. Fortunately they aren't expensive so its not that big of a deal.

I know I read somewhere that youshouldn't melt things the whole way, like chocolate and butter. You're supposed to melt them until almost melted and then stir it until completely melted. I wonder if that's what it's from. My have gotten the same way, and I wonder if that's the problem! :rolleyes:

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

pcjulie said:
I know I read somewhere that youshouldn't melt things the whole way, like chocolate and butter. You're supposed to melt them until almost melted and then stir it until completely melted. I wonder if that's what it's from. My have gotten the same way, and I wonder if that's the problem! :rolleyes:

Julie Myers
Denver, PA
I still use the brown microcookers and have no marks or pitting in them and I go vegetables, chocolate, butter, hamburger, etc. in them. I do let the butter and chocolate finish melting by stirring but the hamburger is fatty too... :confused:

What are micro-cookers?

Micro-cookers are small, microwave-safe containers designed to cook food quickly and evenly in the microwave.

Are micro-cookers safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, micro-cookers are specifically designed to be safe for use in the microwave. As long as they are used according to the instructions, they pose no risk to your health.

Can I use micro-cookers after pitting?

Yes, micro-cookers are safe to use after pitting. The pitting process does not affect the safety of the container, as long as it is still in good condition and has not been damaged.

Do micro-cookers cause any health risks?

No, micro-cookers are made with food-grade materials and are safe for use in the microwave. However, it is important to always follow the instructions and avoid using them with foods that are known to cause explosions in the microwave, such as eggs and hot peppers.

Is it necessary to use a lid when using a micro-cooker?

While it is not necessary to use a lid when using a micro-cooker, it is recommended for certain types of food. Lids help to trap steam and ensure even cooking, but they are not necessary for every recipe. Refer to the instructions for the specific micro-cooker you are using for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Kandio