• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Memorable Margaritaville Themed Party: Recipes and Tips for Success!

In summary, Jimmy Buffet themed party ideas include the Taco Ring and dips, as well as the monthly host special. Sherri suggests the Margaritaville grilled shrimp skewers.
pampered mom
Silver Member
Help! :confused: I'm in my SS1 and have had a Host request a Margaritaville themed party. Can anyone suggest yummy recipes that showcase many products? Any other suggestions on how I can make this a party to remember?
Thanks!!!!

How about the Taco Ring and any of our dips?

I agree, the Taco Ring is an easy recipe that guests can reproduce easily in their own home. It is also pretty with the pepper inside the ring and salsa filled.

You could ask your host to make some other mexican foods ahead of time.

Jimmy Buffet Theme ShowHere is the flier I use to promote this show. I got the idea from someone on another board. I think I may have changed the menu. I copy it front to back so when I send it with the host packet, she has the grocery list handy on the back ready for the grocery store. I play Jimmy Buffet music in the background during the show. They are alot of fun and guests really enjoy them. HTH.

Sherri

Attachments

• Jimmy Buffet KS.doc
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,477
  • Jimmy Buffet Grocery List.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 678
Why not feature the monthly host special and do the margarita grilled shrimp skewers....
The mango salsa sundaes....they have been a huge hit for me.

Taco Ring RecipeI like this idea. I have a host who wants to do a Saturday evening show. Where can I get the recipe for the Taco Ring? Also, I don't drink so where can I get instructions on what to do with the margarita ingredients.

Thanks

The Beef Taco Ring is in the -All The Best- Cookbook. They dont explain how to make the pepper in the middle, or what the other ingred. are that go in the middle of the ring. I would like to make this myself. Anyone ever made this before?

Taco RingYes, I've made this at shows and for dinner at home before. It's yummy! I forget what the picture is, but if it's the green pepper in the middle with salsa (or whatever) in it, you do it with the v-shaped cutter and cut around the top of the pepper. It makes it look like "teeth", then you clean out the inside of the pepper and fill with whatever condiments. It always wows guests at shows. Try to find a pepper that has a pretty flat bottom so it stands up straight. I forget what other "extras" there are, but this is a very yummy recipe. I'd practice it at home first, especially if you've never done one of the rings. Make sure the host doesn't put the crescent roll packages out on the counter before or when you get there. You want to leave them in the fridge until the VERY last minute or else they get all sticky and stretchy and are hard to work with. You can show a ton of products with this recipe. Let me know if you have other questions about it. I forget already what all you asked. :p It's late and I need to go to bed. But of course I have to prepare for my show tomorrow.

Sticky Crescent or Other DoughsIt is true, the dough is much more difficult to work with if it isn't cold. It either wants to stick together, not unroll, or not roll out well.

I have made it a habit that when I get to the hosts house and am setting up, I take her doughs and put in the FREEZER, set my timer for 10 minutes (on my cell phone because I don't have our cool kitchen timer yet :( ), then place them back in the fridge until ready to use.

I also share with my guests the trick to putting in the freezer to make it easier to work with. (You know how the guests like the little tricks-of-the-trade!)

Place a couple of lettuce leaves in the center of your Taco Ring. Fill the pepper with salsa and place in the middle of the lettuce leaves. Cut about 1/2 a head of lettuce with the Crinkle Cutter. Slice olives with Egg Slicer Plus, and dice tomatoes. Arrange around the pepper. I also put sour cream there, too.

Male Pepper vs Female Pepper?I have read somewhere that there is a difference between male peppers and female peppers! I always say this at my shows and nobody knows about it and they always get to talking about it! The difference is a male pepper (green, yellow or red) only has three bumps on the bottom and a female has four so it sits prettier! This is a fun little "extra" to share with your guests!

female peppers rule!I just loved that little diddy about the male/female pepper! So cute! I am also having a Margaritaville theme party for a host. I have had one of these parties in my home and it was a huge hit! I really want to WOW these guests because it looks like there will be tons of people. Just keep all the ideas coming PLEASE! My host wants an appitizer, main dish, and desert. Does anybody have a FAST desert that they can share? Hoping to hear from you soon! ;)

Those microwave cakes are always fast. And you could choose a cake mix and icing to go along with your theme. I've heard of the margarita squares, but I've never made them before. Are they quick to make? They would go along with the theme.

1. What types of products are included in the Margaritaville theme?

The Margaritaville theme includes a variety of products that are perfect for hosting a tropical-themed party. This includes margarita glasses, serving trays, pitchers, and coasters. We also have a range of kitchen tools and gadgets designed specifically for making margaritas and other tropical drinks.

2. Are there any recipes specifically designed for the Margaritaville theme?

Yes, we have a collection of delicious and refreshing recipes that are perfect for the Margaritaville theme. These include classic margaritas, frozen cocktails, and tropical-inspired appetizers and snacks. You can find these recipes on our website or in our Margaritaville-themed recipe book.

3. Can I mix and match products from the Margaritaville theme with other Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to be versatile and can be mixed and matched to create your own unique party theme. You can use our Margaritaville products alongside other Pampered Chef items to create a fun and cohesive party spread.

4. Are there any special care instructions for the Margaritaville products?

Our Margaritaville products are made from high-quality materials and are designed to be durable and long-lasting. However, we do recommend hand washing these items to ensure they maintain their vibrant colors and designs. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or placing them in the dishwasher.

5. Can I purchase the Margaritaville products individually or do they come in sets?

Our Margaritaville products are available for purchase individually, so you can mix and match to create your own set. However, we also offer pre-made party sets that include a variety of products to make hosting a Margaritaville-themed party even easier. These sets make great gifts for friends and family who love to entertain!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KirstenAnne
Replies
Views
Admin Greg