• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Margarita Pie Recipe: Anyone Have It?

In summary, this conversation discusses using store-bought pie crust for a recipe, making the pie ahead of time, using a different type of alcohol in the recipe, using fresh lime juice instead of bottled, and using a different type of crust. The conclusion is that all of these substitutions and adjustments are possible, as long as the necessary instructions are followed for each one.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Anyone know if we ever had a recipe for Margarita Pie? If so - can you post it if you have it.

I have it ... let me find it.

Margarita PieCrust:
1 1/4 cup finely crushed pretzels
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugarFilling:
2 limes
1/4 cup orange juice
1 can (14oz) condensed milk
1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawedCrush pretzels in plastic bag with Meat Tenderizer.
Combine all crust ingredients in Batter Bowl. Press crust mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9 inch pie plate, set aside. Zest both limes with Microplane Adjustable Grated and juice both limes with Citrus Press. Combine lime zest and juice with filling ingredients and fold together with Scraper in mixing bowl. Pour filling into crust. Chill 25-30 minutes.

Thanks! Which cookbook or Use and Care is this recipe from?

I actually have NO idea! :) I can ask my director. I got it from her when I went to one of her shows years ago! :)

That's a really old recipe - my recruiter did it at the show I hosted before I signed. I remember it as being made in the DDB, not a pie plate. And it didn't have the orange juice, just the juice of the limes.Sorry, I don't remember what use and care card or book it's from.

Thanks! I have a friend looking for it - one of her friends told her about it.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help you out with the Margarita Pie recipe. It's one of my personal favorites and always a hit at parties. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional pretzels for garnish (optional)Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a bowl, mix together the crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish, using a flat bottomed measuring cup to create an even layer.
4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool completely.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec until well combined.
6. In another bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
7. Gently fold the whipped cream into the lime mixture until fully incorporated.
8. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
9. If desired, crush some additional pretzels and sprinkle them on top for garnish.
10. Chill the pie in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.I hope you enjoy this delicious Margarita Pie recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for baking the crust before adding the filling.

2. Can I make this pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this pie ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble and serve the pie within 24 hours for optimal freshness. If you need to make it more than 24 hours in advance, you can refrigerate the pie and add the whipped cream topping just before serving.

3. Is it okay to use a different type of alcohol instead of tequila?

Yes, you can use a different type of alcohol if you prefer. Vodka or rum would be good substitutes for tequila in this recipe.

4. Can I use fresh lime juice instead of bottled?

Yes, you can use fresh lime juice instead of bottled. Just make sure to strain the juice before using it in the recipe to avoid any pulp or seeds.

5. Can I use a different type of crust, such as graham cracker or Oreo?

Yes, you can use a different type of crust if you prefer. A graham cracker or Oreo crust would be delicious with this recipe. Just make sure to use a 9-inch crust and follow the baking instructions on the package before adding the filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenn'sKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
  • chef tso
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies