• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Margarita Party - Advice Needed on Liquor & Recipes

In summary, Brenda is asking if it is better to buy the liquor or have the host purchase it. She is also asking for recipes for Margarita parties. Diane says that it is better for the host to purchase the liquor. She also offers a recipe for a Mexican Chocolate Skillet Cake.
krhodes74
Good Morning, All... I need some help today. I had a party last night and a got a booking that wants to do a Margarita Party. Well that is great and sounds easy enough but... question is do yu buy the liquer or do you get the host to purchase it?? I was going to do maybe some bread in the bread tube or something like that and then just do some kind of margarita in the QSP's. I know that stuff get costly if you get to much of it and with the food cost to...Any good recipes will be great to.

I would have the host buy the stuff for the margarita's and then you could do Margarita Grilled Shrimp in the Great Grilling Recipe Card Collection or
Strawberry Margarita Squares in the Delightful Desserts, pg 107 for demo...

Usually, when I have a margarita party. We make it into a mexican theme. They make the margaritas and then I usually make the Touchdown Taco Dip or Southwestern Snack Squares.

Brenda K.

That is what I was thinking or I don't mind making the Margarita's I just don't want to suck up the expense of the liquor and the food. Cause the food cost a lot less.

I think the family size Burrito would be a nice choice to have & its soooooooooooooooo easy to make;) ;) ;)

Ginger:cool:

I did the same theme for my cousin last month. We made margarita's in the quick stir pitcher. I made the apple berry salsa and baked cinn. chips. The chicken fajita pizza is awesome to make too. Both recipes are in the "All the Best Cookbook.

Attachments

• Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips.doc
    24 KB · Views: 359
  • Quick Stir Pitcher Recipes.doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 535
I always make the chicken enchilada ring for my Margarita Ville Parties. It is so yummy and shows so many tools when demonstrating. Usually the host serves Margaritas and salsa with guacamole.:cool:

Personally, I wouldn't supply the liquor. God forbid, what if something happens to one of the guests if they'd had too much to drink and drove home, caused an accident, etc. I wouldn't want that on my conscience, or perhaps a lawsuit.

Diane

Ditto
dianevill said:
Personally, I wouldn't supply the liquor. God forbid, what if something happens to one of the guests if they'd had too much to drink and drove home, caused an accident, etc. I wouldn't want that on my conscience, or perhaps a lawsuit.

Diane

All I can say is DITTO Diane - DITTO!!!

I am doing a "Margarita" Party next week - I have to agree that the host should supply the liqour - you do not want that liability! We are having Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad (between that and the Margaritas we are covering 2 of the options for hosts for July!-The QSP & The Lg. SA Bowl) and I gave the host Fiesta Seasoning to make Salsa & Guac. with Chips. If she has 15 confirmed guests- I will bring dessert - probably a Mexican Chocolate Skillet Cake. We are doing the demo on her deck/patio.

What's a Mexican Chocolate Skillet Cake?

Kate,
Really it's just a made-up name! I do the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake, but add a teaspoon or so of cinnamon to the cake - and use hot fudge sauce instead of caramel sauce for the topping. My plan for tomorrow is to have it baking when guests arrive. Serve Drinks & Chips, Talk about the Cookware FIRST! and then assemble the salad quickly(do prep before hand, but show them how easily it goes together!)

Have any of you tried the Poor Man's Margarita and is it any good? I don't keep alcohol in the house and don't drink much so I'd rather not have to buy everything to make it for myself. I have a host who would like to do a sip and dip show and she already asked if I minded having alcoholic drinks there, so I thought I'd offer to do this drink or another good one in the pitcher. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

What types of liquor should I use for a margarita party?

For a classic margarita, tequila is the main liquor used. You can also use a mix of tequila and triple sec for a more traditional taste. For a twist on the classic margarita, try using mezcal, a smoky agave-based liquor, or a flavored tequila like mango or watermelon. If you want to offer non-alcoholic options, consider using a non-alcoholic tequila alternative or a flavored sparkling water.

How much liquor should I buy for a margarita party?

A good rule of thumb is to estimate about 2 drinks per guest for the first hour, and 1 drink per guest for each additional hour. This will vary depending on the length of your party and your guests' drinking habits. For a group of 10 people, you will likely need about 20-25 drinks, so a 750ml bottle of liquor should be enough. It's always better to have a little extra just in case.

What are some easy and delicious margarita recipes?

For a classic margarita, mix 2 oz of tequila, 1 oz of triple sec, and 1 oz of fresh lime juice in a shaker with ice. Strain into a salt-rimmed glass and garnish with a lime wedge. For a frozen margarita, blend 2 oz of tequila, 1 oz of triple sec, 1 oz of fresh lime juice, and 1 cup of ice until smooth. You can also add fresh fruit like strawberries or mango for a fruity twist. Don't be afraid to experiment and find your perfect margarita recipe!

How can I make sure my margaritas are perfectly chilled?

To ensure your margaritas are chilled and ready to serve, keep your glasses in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will help the drink stay cold and prevent the ice from melting too quickly. You can also use frozen fruit instead of ice in your blender for a frozen margarita to prevent watering down the drink.

What are some non-traditional margarita party food pairings?

While classic margaritas pair well with Mexican dishes like tacos and guacamole, don't be afraid to get creative with your food pairings. For a more upscale option, serve margaritas with ceviche or shrimp cocktail. For a casual backyard party, try pairing margaritas with grilled meats and vegetables or even pizza. You can also offer a variety of dips and snacks, like chips and salsa or creamy artichoke dip, to pair with your margaritas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AmyDare
  • Mel92504
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lifeat50
  • ChefBurke
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies