• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Margarita Grilled Shrimp Recipe for Your Next Patio Show

In summary, the recipe calls for a grilled pineapple and shrimp, with a limeade mixture as a dressing. The recipe can be substituted for chicken if needed.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
Does anyone have this recipe? I am doing a patio show on sat, and they want to use the grill basket and shrimp. I saw where someone liked this.

OK, I found it, has anyone made it at a show?

please share the recipe here!

MARGARITA GRILLED SHRIMP½ C thawed, frozen limeade concentrate
¼ C snipped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
½ tsp salt
1 Whole fresh pineapple. Cut into ¾ inch slices
24 uncooked large shrimp. Peeled and deveined (about 12 0z)1.Prepare grill for direct cooking over med coals. In small bowl. Combine limeade concentrate, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, pressed garlic and salt. Cut pineapple into ¾ inch thick slices.
2.Place pineapple slices on lightly greased grill basket; brush with a portion of the limeade mixture. Grill, covered, 10-12 min or until grill marks appear on both sides, turning once and brushing with limeade mixture. Remove pineapple from grill. Place shrimp in grill basket; grill 3-4 min or until shrimpare opaque, turning once and brushing with remaining limeade mixture.
3.To serve, cut pineapple slilces into quarters and place on plate, serve with shrimp.

That recipe alone is enough to make me want to buy that Grill Basket! After putting together the Grill Basket Recipes (in files section), my mouth was watering and I'm thinking I WILL order one for my DH for Father's day.

Do you think chicken could be substituted for the shrimp? I have a host in a couple of weeks who wants to grill chicken.

loreo said:
Do you think chicken could be substituted for the shrimp? I have a host in a couple of weeks who wants to grill chicken.

I would think so, but you'd want to cut the chicken up or buy strips... or you could just marinate the whole chicken breast and then not use the basket and just grill them directly on the grill, but that would take away the whole demo'ing the grill basket theme...

1. What ingredients do I need for Margarita Grilled Shrimp?

To make Margarita Grilled Shrimp, you will need shrimp, tequila, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can also add in other seasonings or spices to your taste.

2. How do I marinate the shrimp for grilling?

To marinate the shrimp, combine the tequila, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl or resealable bag. Add in the shrimp and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours for maximum flavor.

3. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for Margarita Grilled Shrimp. Just make sure to thaw the shrimp completely before marinating and grilling.

4. How long do I grill the shrimp for?

Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become rubbery.

5. Can I substitute the tequila with another alcohol?

Yes, you can substitute the tequila with another alcohol such as vodka or rum. However, the flavor may be slightly different. You can also omit the alcohol altogether if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • mpayton
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
wadesgirl