1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Margarita Grilled Shrimp

1. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

Does anyone have this recipe? I am doing a patio show on sat, and they want to use the grill basket and shrimp. I saw where someone liked this.

Jun 3, 2009
  2. pjpamchef

OK, I found it, has anyone made it at a show?

Jun 3, 2009
  3. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

please share the recipe here!

4. pjpamchef

MARGARITA GRILLED SHRIMP

½ C thawed, frozen limeade concentrate
    ¼ C snipped fresh cilantro
    1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, pressed
    ½ tsp salt
    1 Whole fresh pineapple. Cut into ¾ inch slices
    24 uncooked large shrimp. Peeled and deveined (about 12 0z)

1.Prepare grill for direct cooking over med coals. In small bowl. Combine limeade concentrate, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, pressed garlic and salt. Cut pineapple into ¾ inch thick slices.
    2.Place pineapple slices on lightly greased grill basket; brush with a portion of the limeade mixture. Grill, covered, 10-12 min or until grill marks appear on both sides, turning once and brushing with limeade mixture. Remove pineapple from grill. Place shrimp in grill basket; grill 3-4 min or until shrimpare opaque, turning once and brushing with remaining limeade mixture.
    3.To serve, cut pineapple slilces into quarters and place on plate, serve with shrimp.

Jun 3, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

That recipe alone is enough to make me want to buy that Grill Basket! After putting together the Grill Basket Recipes (in files section), my mouth was watering and I'm thinking I WILL order one for my DH for Father's day.

Jun 3, 2009
  6. loreo

loreo Banned

Do you think chicken could be substituted for the shrimp? I have a host in a couple of weeks who wants to grill chicken.

Jun 3, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I would think so, but you'd want to cut the chicken up or buy strips... or you could just marinate the whole chicken breast and then not use the basket and just grill them directly on the grill, but that would take away the whole demo'ing the grill basket theme...

Jun 4, 2009
Have something to add?