• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mardi Gras Theme Show Ideas and Recipes | Anne Winchester, Future Director

In summary, Mardi Gras is a holiday celebrated on the day before Ash Wednesday, known for its revelry and indulgence before the start of Lent. It is most famously celebrated in New Orleans, Louisiana, but also in other cities and countries with significant Christian populations. Traditional foods eaten during Mardi Gras include King Cake, gumbo, jambalaya, and beignets, while common traditions include parades, masks and costumes, and lively music and dancing. For Mardi Gras celebrations, Pampered Chef suggests using their Quick Slice for slicing King Cake, Stoneware Rectangular Baker for making dishes like gumbo and jambalaya, and Silicone Prep Bowls for holding beads and trinkets during parades
annew
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Mardi Gras theme show. I have one coming up @ the end of Feb.

I'm wondering if you have any ideas for recipes too....

Thanks so much
Anne Winchester
Future Director

My recruiter will be sending me a recipe for a Mardi Gras King Cake that they do at their shows during the season. I will post it for you as soon as she emails it to me!

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Mardi Gras King Cake.doc
    25 KB · Views: 449
I put together one last year. I bought several strands of beads from a part supply store for tossing out during my demo for participation. I made the (I can't remember now if it was jambalaya or gumbo) from our Soups, Stews, Chilis recipe cards. I made, but you can buy rather cheaply masks for myself and my host to wear during the party. It was great fun!! I put the baby in the stew because I didn't have a recipe for King Cake. Worked out just fine. Also, for ambience I purchased a Cajun music cd from Target ($9.99). It helped set the mood when guests arrived. I played it as they were arriving and after the demo during checkout and eating.

Good luck!! These shows can be a ton of fun.

Thank you so much for the recipe I can't wait to try it :)

Anne Winchester

1. What is Mardi Gras?

Mardi Gras, also known as Fat Tuesday, is a holiday that is celebrated on the day before Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of the Christian season of Lent. It is a day of revelry and indulgence before the fasting and sacrifices of Lent begin.

2. Where is Mardi Gras celebrated?

Mardi Gras is most famously celebrated in New Orleans, Louisiana, but it is also celebrated in other cities and countries with significant Christian populations, such as Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Venice, Italy.

3. What are some traditional Mardi Gras foods?

Some traditional foods eaten during Mardi Gras include King Cake, a sweet and colorful cake with a plastic baby hidden inside, gumbo, jambalaya, and beignets. These dishes are often associated with the cuisine of New Orleans.

4. What are some common Mardi Gras traditions?

Common traditions associated with Mardi Gras include parades, where people ride on colorful floats and throw beads and trinkets to onlookers, wearing masks and costumes, and participating in lively music and dancing.

5. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are useful for Mardi Gras celebrations?

Yes, our Pampered Chef Quick Slice is perfect for slicing up King Cake, and our Stoneware Rectangular Baker is great for making dishes like gumbo or jambalaya. Additionally, our Silicone Prep Bowls are perfect for holding beads and other small trinkets during parades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jkerr
  • Kristina21
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies