• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mardi Gras Theme: Cocktail Ideas for a Fundraiser

In summary, Cyndi is recommending appetizers as a way to sober up the guests before the show. Rachel suggests trying to be there before the drinking begins and doing a demo and including wine bottle opener. Laura suggests using crescent rolls to make Spinach & Crab Appetizer Squares. Beth suggests using wreath or ring form for the appetizers.
BusyBeeCyndi
:) Well it looks like I will have a pretty large fundraiser show to do on May 3rd that will involve a Mardi Gras theme. The host is doing the planning now and wants to have a martini bar, whiskey sour, etc.

So I think these folks will be tanked an hour before I come and do a show. So what recipe ideas do you folks have for this type theme?

Help:eek:

--Cyndi

I would stick with appetizers. Especially if they are going to be drinking. Lots of people don't stop drinking to eat a "meal" but will more likely grab something to snack on like an appetizers.

You could look at it this way too. If they will be tanked they will be more likely to spend more money.;)

Definitely do a King Cake! When my mom was a consultant in New Orleans, Mardi Gras PC parties were all the rage, and the King Cake was the center of attention.

Spinach & Crab Appetizer SquaresThis is one of my families favorites. I've never had a Mardi Gras Show yet.
Good luck on your show.
Brandy

What's a King cake?

I think i will try doing appetizers too. i just have a feeling i will be standing up and talking to myself for the evening.

reesefamily5 said:
I would stick with appetizers. Especially if they are going to be drinking. Lots of people don't stop drinking to eat a "meal" but will more likely grab something to snack on like an appetizers.

You could look at it this way too. If they will be tanked they will be more likely to spend more money.;)

Actually, that can backfire! One of my favorite shows involved a big crowd of Pampered Chef virgins and a copious amount of sangria and other alcohol. I stayed sober... but the crowd was getting more and more tipsy. By the time it was order time, they had pretty much lost focus. It was one of my lower totals in sales, even though there were about 12 guests. I did, however, manage to book 3 parties! They had a ball!

Love+
Rachel

I would suggest trying to be there before the drinking begins. Do your demo and include the wine bottle opener. Let the host serve what she likes for beverages and do your door prize drawing and take orders before anyone starts getting too much beverage.

This kind of show definitely needs the follow up - make MAC calls the next day. Remind them of how much fun they had, the recipes and products used, ask them if they want to add to their orders or book their own shows.

Wikipedia: King Cake

The easiest way to make this is with crescent roll dough and a cream cheese-based filling. http://www.recipezaar.com/151532 I've used lemon curd with great results. The hidden baby gives you the chance to give away a free party, shipping, discount, or whatever else you like to give out.

Pc Brandy can I please have your recipes for Spinach & Crab Appetizer Squares? I am trying to find a yummy appetizer for my moms show at the end of the month. This sounds perfect!! Thanks Laura

misericorde said:
Wikipedia: King Cake

The easiest way to make this is with crescent roll dough and a cream cheese-based filling. http://www.recipezaar.com/151532 I've used lemon curd with great results. The hidden baby gives you the chance to give away a free party, shipping, discount, or whatever else you like to give out.
Thanks for the link for the recipe! I will definitely use that!!

Beth, you can also do this as a wreath, which is how I learned it. Just make sure you cover as much filling as you can. It increases the potential for a mess if it leaks out too much, but it looks fancy and is still easy.

misericorde said:
Beth, you can also do this as a wreath, which is how I learned it. Just make sure you cover as much filling as you can. It increases the potential for a mess if it leaks out too much, but it looks fancy and is still easy.
Great idea! Thanks!

Actually I have made a very similar recipe using the deep dish pie pan and 2 rolls of crescent rolls (top and bottom crust) but I never thought of doing it in a ring or wreath or using it as the base of a king cake.

Last edited:
Spinach & Crab Appetizer SquaresHere you go Laura1293. I hope you and your mom like them.
Brandy

Attachments

• spinach crab appetizer squares.doc
    21 KB · Views: 455
Thank youThank you Brandy!:D

Your very welcome Laura.
Brandy

1. What types of kitchen tools and products do you recommend for a Mardi Gras themed party?

For a Mardi Gras themed party, we recommend our colorful silicone spatulas, versatile stoneware bakeware, and festive serving platters. Our Mardi Gras Beads Cake Pan and King Cake Mix are also great options for a fun and delicious dessert.

2. Can you suggest any recipes that would be perfect for a Mardi Gras themed dinner party?

Absolutely! Our Cajun Jambalaya recipe is always a hit and can be easily made using our Rockcrok Dutch Oven. We also have a delicious recipe for Shrimp and Grits that is sure to impress your guests. And don't forget to make a classic King Cake using our King Cake Bundt Pan!

3. Are there any specific kitchen tools or decorations that would add to the overall Mardi Gras atmosphere?

To really bring the Mardi Gras spirit to your party, we recommend using our Mardi Gras themed paper plates and napkins, as well as our colorful plastic wine glasses for serving drinks. Our Mardi Gras themed apron and chef's hat are also great for anyone who wants to dress up while cooking.

4. How can I incorporate traditional Mardi Gras colors into my table setting?

The traditional Mardi Gras colors are purple, green, and gold. We suggest using a purple tablecloth or placemats, green napkins, and gold utensils. You can also add pops of these colors with our Mardi Gras themed kitchen towels or serving dishes.

5. Do you have any tips for hosting a Mardi Gras themed cooking class or demonstration?

Hosting a Mardi Gras themed cooking class or demonstration is a great way to get people excited about your products. We recommend incorporating traditional New Orleans dishes into your menu, such as gumbo or beignets. You can also provide Mardi Gras themed party favors, like our Mini King Cake Bundt Pans, for your guests to take home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kristina21
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gkoinski
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef