• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused: No Difference Between Book Out & Book Close!?

In summary, all the newsletters look the same, with only the placement of the current and next month's host special articles being different.
otisbg
Gold Member
I am so confused - All the newsletters look the same - I found no difference between the book out and book close!! Has anyone else noticed this?:yuck:

let me check on this... I might have pasted in the wrong version.

Okay, I checked all 8 versions and they are all what they are supposed to be... there isn't a whole lot of difference between book close and book out - only the placement of the current and next month's host special articles.

What differences are you expecting to see?

I think they are beautiful! Thanks so much for doing this Joy - you make my life so much easier. I am considering switching over to the PWS newsletter so I can drop IContact at the end of the summer but I will still keep you to use the outlet updates and the Green by 15 newsletter. As always, I think they are great.

Book out has the April host special and Book Close has the March host special. Other than that everyone is using the same information.

I had to look hard at the two when I signed up for TT. The difference is subtle.

Thank you Joy for your newsletters! I love them more than the PC official ones. These are more direct, easy to read, and attractive. I prefer version 1. :)

got it- thanks so much for checking and poitning out the differences. I love your newsletter and continue to use it.
Thanks again and so sorry to be a bother..:confused:

pcsharon1 said:
I think they are beautiful! Thanks so much for doing this Joy - you make my life so much easier. I am considering switching over to the PWS newsletter so I can drop IContact at the end of the summer but I will still keep you to use the outlet updates and the Green by 15 newsletter. As always, I think they are great.

You can switch over to a service like MailChimp, that doesn't cost as much as iContact does.

It's no bother Linda! I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something (working as late at night as I do, it's totally likely!). The reason I have the close vs. out versions is because I had someone tell me I was going to lose a ton of subscribers if I didn't address the need for people to "book out".... originally I had people tell me that they didn't want to book out till they had booked close... So now I just offer both and let you choose.

Joy, I still can't get the march Newsletter to come up on my iContact editor. )-:

I had to click on the 2009 version on Icontact for it to come up. When I went back later it was in the new version.

Yes, if you click on 2009 editor, it will show and then it will pop into the messagecoder version. I already have a message into my programmer to work on a fix for the new icontact software so hopefully it will be fixed before they take away the 2009 editor.

Hmmmm....I'm still having problems as I just get code when I click on the 2009 editor. I'll keep trying.

OK....I'm dumb. I'm using Google Chrome browser (just got a new Mac). I'm downloading Firefox right now to use specifically for icontact. That should fix the problem. Thanks!

Yup. That fixed it. Hahaha.

Oh good... darn different browsers! I try to test in a couple different ones... but there's so many different versions doing different things these days, ugh!

I just wanted to let you know I did a survey with my customers and sent both out -- Joy's and the PWS one -- and asked them to let me know which they liked best. Hands down, Joy's! :thumbup: I love your work, Joy!

Sandi

I am prepping my March Newsletter to send out and I tried to click on the link for the anti-pasti pizza and it goes to a log-in site for Consultant Corner...not a recipe. ANy chance it can get fixed by this weekend? Please??:confused:

I don't even bother with Icontact. I just have the e-mails of newsletter recipients saved in my yahoo mail as a draft. Because classic yahoo puts that funky blue line in, I always switch to the new version and am very anxious until its done and I can send it back.If I ever have so many contacts that it won't send them this way, I'll break it down into batches.

otisbg said:
I am prepping my March Newsletter to send out and I tried to click on the link for the anti-pasti pizza and it goes to a log-in site for Consultant Corner...not a recipe. ANy chance it can get fixed by this weekend? Please??:confused:

I fixed it. I'm so sorry about that. I didn't realize it was "consultants only" - they seem to have locked down alot of content behind CC these days.

I do not know what everyone is talking about I would love to share a news letter with my customers that they actually get. I have been selling for 9 months and have more than 1,000 email contacts but only have around 100 open my PC newsletter. I think it is going to junk mail. How can do do something better for cheap. I checked into iconnect but it was a little pricy and I would have to create my own newsletter then. Please help as my husband is out of work right now and I need to reach out to as many people as I can.
Thanks

I use the weekly dish newsletter for posting on my facebook fan page.

aried can you help me out I do not know what the weekly dish newsletter is? I really just need to connect with more people!
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Joy, I'm confused. IContact isn't letting me send the march newsletter. Keeps telling me it is going to be marked as spam because of URL redirecting. What am I doing wrong? I did what I do every month.

hcjeep said:
I do not know what everyone is talking about I would love to share a news letter with my customers that they actually get. I have been selling for 9 months and have more than 1,000 email contacts but only have around 100 open my PC newsletter. I think it is going to junk mail. How can do do something better for cheap. I checked into iconnect but it was a little pricy and I would have to create my own newsletter then. Please help as my husband is out of work right now and I need to reach out to as many people as I can.
Thanks

Joy is the creator of a great newsletter service. You can go to http://www.tastytidbits.net/main/ to learn more. Some consultants will use a service like iContact, Constant Contact, or Mail Chimp (that one is free), to send out and get tracking information on their newsletters.

Lots of us here use either PC's newsletter, Tasty Tidbits (Joy's designs) or Mike's at My Email Designs - Newsletter Service
They all have sample newsletters that you can view, too, if you want to check out their styles.

One thing to keep in mind though is that the open rates can still be lower than we'd like. Lots of people love these newsletters, but people today do tend to get bombarded with lots of different companies' e-mails. So sometimes I think people don't open them or just hit delete. But the important thing is that you are still keeping your name in front of your customers and should they have a need, they will know your name and how to get in contact with you. We all have many success stories from sending out newsletters, so it's definitely a service to use--just know that not everyone's experiences are identical.

I'd love to use PC's because they are included in our PWS fees, but I like controlling what I send out. I can add or edit things to my liking and I can control the day it gets sent out. :)

(No offense to Joy, because she does really great work and is super helpful, but I use Mike's newsletters...so if you happen to subscribe, please tell them Amanda Knudsen referred you. ;) )

aried said:
I use the weekly dish newsletter for posting on my facebook fan page.

Please share how you do this! Thanks so much! I still haven't figure out how to do a fan page A:(

The weekly dish is what Joy has with Tasty Tidbits. I just copy and paste the information on my facebook fan page, minus the pictures. You can only do a small amount in your status update then post the rest under by making a comment. Some people also put in their notes section and direct people to that. What's great about Icontact is you can post your newsletter directly to your facebook page. I haven't check to see if you can just post directly to facebook without sending an email.

I do like that IContact recently (in the last few months) added the feature where you could have anything you are sending with them also sent to your facebook page. I love Joy's newsletters and am tempted to stay with them but I just don't like paying for IContact when I am already paying for a PWS that now has that feature. I still have my IContact account until August 1st, so I'll be considering my options between now and then to see what I like best. Maybe I'll opt into the newsletter from my PWS for a month or two to see which one my customers and I like better.

pcsharon1 said:
Joy, I'm confused. IContact isn't letting me send the march newsletter. Keeps telling me it is going to be marked as spam because of URL redirecting. What am I doing wrong? I did what I do every month.

I answered you in the other post. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

aried said:
What's great about Icontact is you can post your newsletter directly to your facebook page. I haven't check to see if you can just post directly to facebook without sending an email.

You know, I think the way to do this would be to set up a separate campaign that only has YOU as the sole recipient. Send the newsletter to that campaign and mark it to post to Facebook as well. That way, your mailing list doesn't get the newsletter, but it does post to Facebook....

1. What is the difference between "book out" and "book close"?

The terms "book out" and "book close" generally refer to the process of finalizing a financial transaction. "Book out" typically refers to the completion of a trade, while "book close" refers to the finalization of financial statements or books for an accounting period.

2. Why do all the newsletters look the same?

Newsletters may appear similar because they are often created using templates, which can have a consistent layout and design. Additionally, many newsletters may be created by the same organization or company, leading to similar styles and content.

3. Are there any differences between the book out and book close processes?

Yes, there are differences between these two processes. While both involve finalizing financial transactions, "book out" refers to the completion of a trade, while "book close" refers to the finalization of financial statements or books for an accounting period.

4. I am still confused about the difference between book out and book close. Can you provide an example?

Sure! Let's say you purchased a stock. The "book out" process would occur when the trade is finalized and the stock is officially added to your portfolio. On the other hand, the "book close" process would occur at the end of a financial reporting period, when all transactions, including the purchase of the stock, are recorded in the company's financial statements.

5. Has anyone else noticed this lack of difference between book out and book close?

It's possible that others have also noticed this confusion between the terms "book out" and "book close." It's important to remember that these terms may be used differently in different contexts, so it's always best to clarify their meaning in a specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
Replies
Views
Kjurich
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies