• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraise for a Cause: My Journey to the Half Marathon

In summary, Misty did a simple fundraiser that she was involved in, called "Refuse to Lose". She raised money for Cook Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth to get and intraoperative MRI machine. The fundraiser was successful, given we only had 1 week to complete it. Over the course of the semester, she raised about $12,000. Garth Brooks performed a concert as a "thank you" and she got free tickets.
msover
I have signed up for a half marathon for The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. :eek: If you knew me, you'd know that running is not something that I do on a regular basis. Just wanted to do something meaningful for myself and raise funds for a good cause.

That being said....

Has anyone done any fundraising for themselves/an organization close to them? Did you send invites to customers as well as friends and family? I've never done a fundraiser before, and I didn't know if it would be appropriate to ask my customers to support a fundraiser on MY behalf.

Another thought is this: The Society gives us personal websites to share with friends, families and businesses so that they may go online and make donations on my behalf. I could send out mailings offering the fundraiser OR going out to the site and making a donation.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks.

Misty

I did a simple fundraiser that I was involved in, called "Refuse to Lose". (You can check it out at www.refusetolose.org). We were raising money for Cook Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth to get and intraoperative MRI machine. Total cost...4.5 million.
I set up a show on my website, with the host's name as Refuse to Lose. I sent out emails to all of my friends and family, and even other email addresses of friends of friends that were listed on previous entertainment/junk mail that my friends send me. The email gave a brief overview of what Refuse to Lose was about, what I was doing, and how to order. Students in one of my classes at TCU also passed out flyers to their friends and emails to their family. The fundraiser was successful, given we only had 1 week to complete it. Obviously, I did not raise 4.5 million, but so far, everyone involved has raised almost 3 million for the cause through various fundraising activities.

I would say both websites should include your information and the society's website (if you can customize) can provide a link to your Pampered Chef site as well.

And in your emails, as your friends to forward to theirs. I got orders from people I don't have a clue where they came from. I contribute it to people simply "passing it on" like they do so many other emails.

rwesterpchef said:
I did a simple fundraiser that I was involved in, called "Refuse to Lose". (You can check it out at www.refusetolose.org). We were raising money for Cook Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth to get and intraoperative MRI machine. Total cost...4.5 million.
I set up a show on my website, with the host's name as Refuse to Lose. I sent out emails to all of my friends and family, and even other email addresses of friends of friends that were listed on previous entertainment/junk mail that my friends send me. The email gave a brief overview of what Refuse to Lose was about, what I was doing, and how to order. Students in one of my classes at TCU also passed out flyers to their friends and emails to their family. The fundraiser was successful, given we only had 1 week to complete it. Obviously, I did not raise 4.5 million, but so far, everyone involved has raised almost 3 million for the cause through various fundraising activities.

I would say both websites should include your information and the society's website (if you can customize) can provide a link to your Pampered Chef site as well.

And in your emails, as your friends to forward to theirs. I got orders from people I don't have a clue where they came from. I contribute it to people simply "passing it on" like they do so many other emails.

How big did your fundraiser end up being?

Jil Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking

$850 for the one week effort. Over the course of the semester, we raised about $12,000. As a "thank you" (and a marketing ploy to stir corporate donations), Garth Brooks performed a concert and we got free tickets for our help. Lot's of fun.

Also, I was reading my prior post and sounds confusing about the 2 websites. Your PC Website should have information about the fundraiser and going to the fundraiser's website if they have one. Because of PC policy, the fundraiser's website cannot refer someone to your website...but it can provide a paragraph about the fundraiser oppty and a link to email you. I meant to contact HO about this and simply didn't (short on time). But I would think that the fundraiser's website could list your website as part of the promotion...because it is part of the "temporary" thing. Like if you are a booth at a fair and the fair flyer lists Pampered Chef as one of the stations.

Hi Misty,

First of all, congratulations on signing up for a half marathon for such a great cause! That takes a lot of courage and commitment.

In terms of fundraising, it is absolutely appropriate to ask your customers to support your fundraiser. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have a strong network of customers who already know and trust you. They would be more than happy to support you in your efforts to raise funds for The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. You can send out invites to your customers, as well as friends and family, and let them know about your fundraiser and how they can support you.

Additionally, using your personal website provided by the Society is a great idea. You can share the link with your customers and encourage them to make a donation on your behalf. You can also offer to match a portion of their donations or offer a special incentive for those who donate.

Overall, don't be afraid to reach out to your customers and ask for their support. They will be happy to help you in any way they can. Best of luck with your fundraiser and your half marathon!

Sincerely,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How can Pampered Chef help with my marathon fundraising efforts?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and fundraising options to assist with your marathon fundraising efforts. You can choose to host a traditional cooking show or a virtual party where a portion of the sales will go towards your fundraising goal. Additionally, Pampered Chef also offers a program where you can sell products directly to your supporters and earn a percentage of the sales.

2. Can I customize the products for my marathon fundraising?

Yes, Pampered Chef allows you to customize products with your own logo or design for your marathon fundraising. This is a great way to create unique and personalized items to sell or use as prizes for your supporters.

3. Are there any incentives or rewards for hosting a Pampered Chef party for my marathon fundraising?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers rewards and incentives for hosts who reach certain sales goals. These rewards can include free products, discounts, or even cash bonuses. You can also earn additional rewards for hosting multiple parties or for referring other hosts.

4. How long does the Pampered Chef fundraising process take?

The length of the Pampered Chef fundraising process will depend on the type of event you choose and your fundraising goals. Traditional cooking shows typically take 2-3 hours, while virtual parties can be done at any time convenient for you. Selling products directly to your supporters can also be done at your own pace. It is recommended to plan at least a few weeks in advance to allow time for product delivery and organizing your fundraising efforts.

5. Can I track my fundraising progress with Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides a fundraising tracking tool where you can monitor your sales and progress towards your fundraising goal. This is a great way to stay organized and motivated throughout your fundraising journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • alc1004
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg