• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts | Make Ahead & Freeze | Baking Tips

In summary, some people recommend cooking pecan pies before freezing, and others say that you can just freeze them as is.
Lifeat50
I have a customer asking if the Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts can be made ahead of time, frozen, and then baked when needed. What do you think?

Looking for input!!!

I was looking for something else and found this. Thought I would add the recipe, just in case someone still needs it.
Maple-Cashew Mini-Tarts
Ingredients:
1 cup salted cashews
2 eggs
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (do not use maple-flavored pancake syrup), divided
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp Double-Strength Vanilla
1 pkg refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to package directionsDirections:
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Coarsely chop cashews with Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the maple syrup, butter and vanilla. Whisk with Stainless Whisk until smooth. Stir cashews into egg mixture; set aside.
Unroll one pie crust onto Pastry Mat. Using wide end of clear Food Chopper collar, cut out six pastry circles. (Circles will measure 3 3/4 in./9.5 cm. Discard remaining dough.) Pinch edges of circles inward at 1/2-in. (1-cm) intervals, creating ruffled shells. Place shells into Muffin Pan wells; repeat with remaining pie crust.
Stir cashew mixture until combined; pour evenly into shells until two-thirds full. Bake 18-21 minutes or until shells are golden brown. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Brush tops of tarts with remaining maple syrup.Yield: 12 mini-tartsNutrients per serving: (1 mini-tart): Calories 270, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tips: To create pastry shells with the prettiest fluted edges, it's best to shape them before placing them into the Muffin Pan. After shaping each shell, immediately place it into the pan well.A mixed nut blend that does not contain peanuts can be substituted for the cashews, if desired.Serve these pretty tarts in place of pecan pie for the holidays.

My advice is to bake them first, and let them cool completely before freezing.
AFAIK, fruit pies without egg are the only ones you'd want to freeze before cooking.

I did a quick google on "freezing uncooked pecan pie" because I didn't think I'd have many results for cashew tarts. A lot of discussion groups (like this one) had mixed answers, but some more "official" websites like dallas news & weightwatchers said to cook pecan pies before freezing.

Make-Ahead Holiday Desserts <-- that page also gives tips on freezing other stuff! and how long it will keep

edit - just realized this was an old thread! oh well. still good info.

Last edited:
thank you for the extra info. I knew it was old when I posted, but I posted incase anyone wanted/needed the recipe.

1. What are the ingredients in the Maple-Cashew Mini Tart?

The Maple-Cashew Mini Tart is made with a buttery crust, a creamy cashew filling, and a drizzle of maple syrup on top.

2. Are the Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts gluten-free?

Yes, the Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts are made with a gluten-free crust, making them a delicious option for those with gluten sensitivities.

3. How many Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts come in a package?

Each package of Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts contains 12 individual tarts, perfect for sharing or enjoying as a personal treat.

4. Can the Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts be served warm or do they need to be refrigerated?

The Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts can be served warm or at room temperature. They can also be refrigerated and enjoyed chilled, depending on personal preference.

5. What is the shelf life of the Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts?

The shelf life of the Maple-Cashew Mini Tarts is approximately 1 week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • noelskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef