• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Troubleshooting Mandolin Cheese Grating Problems

In summary, to prevent cheese from getting stuck in the grating blades, use a firm and dense block of cheese and grate it at room temperature. If your cheese is not grating evenly, apply firm and steady pressure and check for any buildup or damage on the blades. To clean the mandolin after grating cheese, disassemble it and use a brush or hot soapy water to remove residue. The mandolin can also be used to grate other types of food, but make sure to adjust the blade setting and clean thoroughly. To prevent finger cuts, always use the safety guard and a cut-resistant glove, and follow the instructions in the manual.
CarrieB
Gold Member
I have had problems at home with my mandolin when I grade cheese. When I get to the bottom of the cube it does not shred and gets all lumpy and goes everywhere. Am I doing it wrong? I have a show tomorrow and need help. :eek:

I shred my cheese without the food holder thing on, and have the cheese be put in the freezer before hand for a bit so it's nice and firm. But it always seems to crumble just a bit when it gets down to the end.

Mine does that too. My advice is to get enough cheese so you don't get to the end. If you need 2 cups, get 12 ounces ... even though 8 ounces will make more than 2 cups of grated cheese.

1. How do I prevent cheese from getting stuck in the grating blades?

To prevent cheese from getting stuck in the grating blades, make sure to use a firm and dense block of cheese. Soft or crumbly cheese can easily get stuck in the blades. Additionally, make sure to grate the cheese at room temperature, as cold cheese can also get stuck in the blades.

2. Why is my cheese not grating evenly?

If your cheese is not grating evenly, it could be due to the pressure you are applying while grating. Make sure to use a firm and steady pressure to ensure even grating. If the problem persists, check the blades of your mandolin for any buildup or damage that may be affecting the grating process.

3. How do I clean my mandolin after grating cheese?

Cleaning your mandolin after grating cheese is important to prevent any buildup of cheese residue. To clean, disassemble the mandolin and use a brush or cloth to remove any cheese stuck in the blades. You can also use hot soapy water to clean the blades and other parts of the mandolin. Make sure to dry thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I use my mandolin to grate other types of food besides cheese?

Yes, mandolins can be used to grate a variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, and even chocolate. However, make sure to adjust the blade setting according to the food you are grating to ensure the best results. Follow the same cleaning process after grating other foods to prevent any cross-contamination.

5. How do I prevent my fingers from getting cut while using the mandolin?

To prevent any accidents while using the mandolin, always use the safety guard provided. Make sure to hold the food with the safety guard and keep your fingers away from the blades. It is also recommended to use a cut-resistant glove for added protection. Always use caution and follow the instructions provided in the manual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristinabelle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • emiscookin