• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad Ahead of Time?

In summary, Gillian Wright shared that this recipe is a great main dish salad that can be prepared in minutes. The Mandarin Pasta Salad can be prepared with either the Microplane Grater or the Food Chopper. Lee Anne shared that she has made this salad dozens of times and has always pressed the ginger in the garlic press. Pampered Chef included a training booklet with the dishes that came with the celebration.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Does anyone have this recipe, I thought I had it and can't find it and have had a hostess request it for a Bridal Shower Show and I can't even tell her what's in it. OR tell me which cookbook or special promotion it was from???
This was before my time as a consultant. But I've had it, YUMMY!!

Thanks,

Lisa

This is so YUM! :D

Attachments

• MANDARIN PASTA SALAD.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 533
This is my most requested recipe and it is too good for words!

Is this a good one to do at shows??Thanks so much!!

I wondered if when this came out?? Not sure when??

Could you use, not the Micro Plane Grater for Ginger Root??

I can't wait to try this one again, it's been a LONG time since the show I was at, now off to grocery store, saving my receipt, I love that!!

Lisa

I made this but with out the chicken, oranges and spinach, and it was still delicious! I am suck a picky eater that I make what I think is good at my shows, and nobody has complained yet! I printed out the recipe as I made it, then added the other ingredients as 'optional add-ins'Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Lisa: If you don't have the Microplane Grater, then use the Food Chopper and chop the ginger root super-fine (just remember to peel first;) ). It's a great recipe...very light and refreshing!

HTH,

Mary

I have probably made this recipe about 40 times and have always pressed the ginger in the garlic press...works like a charm.

Dressing variationOkay I made this salad the other night for Bunko. I had the salad all done and went to go make the dressing and I didn't have the onion mix. People are starting to show up I couldn't run to town (15 mins) so I impervised.

I took a 1/4 cup of italian dressing
1/8 cup of rice vinager
2 cloves of garlic
freshginger
1 tsp of seseame oil

Mix and it was ready. Everybody was really impressed and said the dressing was very yummy. I was glad that it worked, I just had to share!:D

Which cookbook is this from?

It might of been in an old season's best, but it's not in any cookbooks.

kcjodih said:
Which cookbook is this from?

Its on CC...past celebrations ( I think 04 )

In the Spring/Summer season of 2004, salads were part of the Celebration choices and Pampered Chef teamed up with Lipton. Along with the Mandarin Pasta Salad was the Lemon Chicken Stir-fry.

Lee Anne

I got out my 2004 Celebrations folder to make sure I wasn't telling tall tales in the above post. I was reading the training booklet that came along with it and thought I would post a lot of what's written for those of you that don't have it. A lot of questions have been asked in previous posts and this might help answer your questions. :)

Advance Preparation
*Cook, drain and rinse pasta.
*Toast almonds
*Combine vinegar, orange juice, sugar and sesame oil in the Small Batter Bowl.
*Score all but one line of cucumber with the Lemon Zester/Scorer
*Ask guests who arrive early to help with toasting the almonds, cutting vegetables and combining dressing ingredients.

Opening
Start by learning about guests' mealtime needs. Ask: "What's a typical weeknight meal for you and your family: Does your schedule vary because of so many activities: Are you able to sit down and enjoy a meal together?"

After listening to your guests, say "My goal tonight is to share simple solutions that are quicker, more nutritious and less expensive than going to the drive-through for fast food. The Mandarin Pasta Salad that we're going to learn about is a great main dish salad that you can prepare in minutes!"

Recipe Step 1: Prepare the dressing.
Introduce the recipe as a great main dish.

Products Demonstrated Cross Sell Items
*Small Batter Bowl *Measure All Cup
*Adjustable Scoop
*Adjustable Measuring Spoons
*Food Chopper *Cutting Boards
*Garlic Press
*Kitchen Shears *Smooth Edge Can Opener
(to open soup mix) *Easy Opener
*Stainless Steel Whisk *Scraper Collection

Plant recruiting seeds:
"Most of the kitchen tools you've seen so far are in our Super Starter kit. The stars on the order form denote all kit items. To learn more about a business that's as practical, flexible and limitless as our products, ask me for information after the show."

Recipe Step 2: Prepare the pasta.

Products Demonstrated Cross-sell Ideas
*Professional (8qt.) Stockpot *Cookware sets and open stock pieces
*Nylon tools
*4-Pc Colander & Bowl Set
*Simple Additions Large Bowl *Simple Additions Collection
*Chillzanne Rectangle Server and
Chillzanne Collection
(perfect for carrying salad)

Recipe Step 3: Prepare the vegetables and combine the salad

*Explain how you toasted the almonds in the Small Bar Pan, and talk about Stoneware.

Booking Tip: Share that the Knives with Sharpening Cases and Ultimate Slice & Grate are favorite selections of hosts. Emphasize the value of owning quality products that save time and money.

Products Demonstrated Cross Sell Ideas
*Lemon Zester/Scorer *other special cutting tools:
*The Corer *V-shaped Cutter
*Ultimate Slice & Grate *Julienne Peeler
*Chef's Knife *Grapefruit Knife
*Bamboo Spatula Set *Cook's Corer
*Crinkle Cutter
*Avocado Peeler
*Bamboo Spoon Set
*Small Bamboo Spoon Set

Closing

* Distribute the survey drawing slips.
* Discuss current and upcoming Host Bonuses and Guest Specials.
* Hand out the recipe cards. Say, "Remember, I'm always here to provide new mealtime solutions and practical products you'll use every day."

Lee Anne

Instead of Ginger RootHey Everyone,

I wanted to make this for a 4th of July Party I'm going to but the gingerroot was $3.50 to buy and I don't think I'll be using any more for a long time. Since it is such a small amount for the recipe do you think I could substitute ginder for the ginger root and it would still turn out ok?

Thanks,

Brooke

Brooke,

It would work out fine - I've done it before. For future reference, you don't have to buy the whole "hand" of ginger. You can just break off what you need and buy that. It's allowed ;-)

Diane

Freeze GingerrootYou can even freeze the gingerroot. Just use what you need, put the rest in a Ziploc baggie and pop in the freezer. It will last forever! I use it occasionally (it is really good in a peach smoothie) and I always have some on hand!

I liked it! I made it for a potluck yesterday but no one else raved about it like I have heard it might be a fave! I may try it again with the family since they like asian food!

I have used ground ginger instead of fresh and it came out good too.

Made ahead??I am making the mandarin pasta salad for a baby shower today and was wondering if I can make it ahead and let it sit?

Wendyss said:
I am making the mandarin pasta salad for a baby shower today and was wondering if I can make it ahead and let it sit?

Yes you can, the only thing I do is make the dressing also ( to let it mix) but not put it on till you're ready to eat the salad.:D

1. What are the ingredients for the Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad?

The ingredients for the Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad include cooked pasta, mandarin oranges, red bell pepper, green onions, almonds, and a homemade dressing made with sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and honey.

2. How long does the Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad last in the fridge?

The Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad can last up to 3-4 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.

3. Can I substitute the almonds in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute almonds with other nuts such as cashews or peanuts. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you have a nut allergy.

4. Is this salad gluten-free?

No, the Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad is not gluten-free as it contains pasta made from wheat. However, you can use gluten-free pasta as a substitute to make it gluten-free.

5. Can I add protein to the Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad?

Yes, you can add protein such as grilled chicken or shrimp to the Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad to make it a more filling and balanced meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Mama2bowbaby