1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Male consultants

1. Does anyone know how many (generally speaking) male consultants there are and if they have the same degree of success that female consultants do?

I use pampered chef all the time and love cooking so it seems like a good fit. I don't want to be boxed up in a stereotype being a male in a female dominated industry.

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Wow - I don't know an exact # of male consultants - but I do know that male consultants do as well, if not better than the female consultants! the TOP SELLER in the entire company is a man, David Meenen.

I just did a show for ALL MEN who love to cook, and have 2 recruit leads from that show. This really is a great business for both genders - because many men & women love to cook, and everyone has to eat!

Mar 18, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

You would have to ask HO for specifics but I don't know if even they have the answers. Yes, this is a very heavily woman based company but there are guys too that are very successful. One of my top hosts is a guy. And I do make it a point to share with all men about this business.

If you look at the bottom of the thread, it gives you similar threads about male consultants.

Mar 18, 2009
  4. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

Most women at shows tend to think it's all cute and novel when they have a male consultant, and they like it. I find my guests tend to be quite attentive to me at shows.

Mar 18, 2009
  5. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

I think males tend to be quite successful. Not to brag, but at my cluster meetings I'm usually getting recognized for top sales, etc.

Mar 18, 2009
  6. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

I normally hear "a male consultant, this will be interesting.."
    but my party average is a little over 500.
    but I to, like Keith, I'm in the top 3 of our cluster meetings consistantly.

Mar 18, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

My sister and I were talking about the same thing. She said she may be more willing to buy something from a male consultant.

Mar 18, 2009
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I think male consultants who work the biz tend to be more successful because they are seen as a novelty.

Mar 18, 2009
  9. Veevahchef

Veevahchef Director Silver Member

I totally agree with this!

Male consultant do seem to do better sales wise for some reason... and im thinkin thats what it is... the chicks dig it..LOL

Mar 18, 2009
  10. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Hey! Take it from a man! I have only been a consultant for 16 months and have an average of about $800.00 with 11 shows over $1,000.00 with the largest being about $1,500.00. I'm top in my cluster! And here in Canada it'S a tough sell because of the huge difference in many of the items. Ladies like having me at a show and say it to me all the time. Go man go!!! lol Recruit men ans profit from it! lol

Mar 19, 2009
  11. pclinskie

pclinskie Member Silver Member

when I became a director I sat with a Man (Michael) at our Directors breakfast.
    At conference the next year he was giving workshops on recruiting, he had recruited 39 people that year.

Mar 19, 2009
  12. jenniwest04

jenniwest04 Member

I agree, I think a man can do really well at it--what's more attractive than a man who knows how to cook to women, who are still are main consumers. I keep trying to recruit my brother since he lost his job and is young, attractive and charming. He won't do it...yet! But it's a known fact amongst servers that male servers do better than females in term of tips made...I think it applies to this, too! And my brother was a server and always got better tips than the girls he worked with :)

Mar 20, 2009
  13. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I agree, if my hubby wasn't so busy with his job, he would be a great consultant. He loves to "play" with the tools and his excitement is catching.

14. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

My husband would be great, too, fun and smart and creative. I have to say I think for men its also a little different because of their drive. I dont' want to get beat up here but I am constantly putting myself down and second guessing myself. The men in my life are confident and strong and would have total confidence, call anyone/everyone without hesitation, talk to strangers...you get the idea.

Apr 1, 2009
  15. Veevahchef

Veevahchef Director Silver Member

MAN I wish I could recruit my husband!! He would be so great at this! He is already a walking infomercial for PC anyway!
    Maybe when my kids get older, I can get him to do some shows to... or come with me to shows.. I am sure I would sell twice as much.:love:

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?