• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can male consultants thrive in a female-dominated client base?

In summary, Mary's husband is a fan of Emeril Lagasse and she told him that Emeril is a great guy. This helped her husband to try the food.
jenniann
I am signing my first recruit tonight!!! YIPPEE! He actually attened one of my shows by accident, he was supposed to go out with all the husbands and boyfriends of the guests and they got to the show late and the guys had already left. Turns out to be lucky for me! He definetly has the ideas, personality, and drive to go all the way with PC but his one reservation is the fact that this is a female dominated client base. We have talked about his niche he can make with the males, he already is planning a Monday night football show with his friends!

I was wondering if any of the male consultants could share a little bit about how they got started and how successful they have been. Also any female who has recruited a male to their team: How did you reassure them that they could be just as successful as any woman.

He plans on qualifying by Nov 15th to get the special incentives so I know his reservations about it aren't enough to make him back out but I just wanted to put him a little more at ease.

Thanks!

I haven't recruited a male consultant yet, but I would treat him no different then a female consultant. As long as he can cook, and most men can he should do fine. Maybe you can tell him that he'll have an entire client base that usually looks at PC as one of those girl things, and these days it isn't uncommon for a man to be a great cook just look in atleast half the restaurants in the US. Then I would just give him the same advise you would any other recruit. I hope this helped.

I was more worried about putting his reservations at ease than anything. I did tell him that he would be able to tap into the market of "male chefs" and that seemed to help. He loves to cook and from his energy and enthusiasm I'm sure he will do great. Thanks for the insite.

Jenni:

I know there are some groups on Yahoo that are dedicated to "male chefs." He'll be able to join those and get some more input. As for his reservations, just point out to him that some of our top performers are men!

Congratulations!

Mary

I think he will be a big hit!! Ladies love a guy who can cook!!! ;)

Thanks for the tip Mary, I will have to tell him to check out the Yahoo groups. I did take the national Conf KCN to show him for a little proof that guys are extremely successful at this. From the looks of his kitchen when I met with him with his quick start box he does indeed love to cook, herbs and spices everywhere! He will definetly have no problem with the ladies if he can't win them over with his cooking skills he can in the parent department he has the most adorable well behaved two year old son, so he can relate to all the moms too.

I'm in my 1st super starter month and am a guy. My wife & I went to a couples party and it was a guy as the consultant. My mentality was if he can do it then I can do it. I went to my first meeting and there were 2 other men there that are doing well. November is actually my super starter month but I will be closing 4 parties this month and have 4 more definitely scheduled for November and several pending. I have one already scheduled for December. Everyone thinks it's kinda funny & are buying into it. we're unique and probably have a different approach. Tell him to set his goals & have fun. I've had to learn to talk to everyone I know & meet about it. I guess that's why I've been getting so many bookings, I just hope it keeps working.

My husband and I are a team...he does all the cooking and showing of the products and I do the paperwork and bookings of shows. Women love having a man in the kitchen and also for some reason with some people when a girl says something is wonderful sure they hear whats shes saying but when a man says the same thing is wonderful..everyone wants that product...I think it was the way som people were raised.

My husband watches the food network like crazy and all the other cooking shows...the other night when we were doing a show he was talking about the Prep Bowl set and he said these are just like the ones Emeril uses when he cooks and can you believe we sold 5 sets of those things...lol

Dawn said:
My husband and I are a team...he does all the cooking and showing of the products and I do the paperwork and bookings of shows. Women love having a man in the kitchen and also for some reason with some people when a girl says something is wonderful sure they hear whats shes saying but when a man says the same thing is wonderful..everyone wants that product...I think it was the way som people were raised.

My husband watches the food network like crazy and all the other cooking shows...the other night when we were doing a show he was talking about the Prep Bowl set and he said these are just like the ones Emeril uses when he cooks and can you believe we sold 5 sets of those things...lol

This just cracked me up. I love my husband but he is a big goof. I couldn't imagine him doing the demo. Although he has gotten me some orders and a few shows.

I think guy consultants are great. I think alot of people would show up to shows just out of curiosity. Good luck to all you men out there. :D

And it does make the ladies look twice!I got a lot of my shows because I am a guy. The ladies thought it was wonderful even though I am by no means a Tom Marsten or David Meanen in the looks department, believe me the Chip-n-Dale dancers have no competition here, but the novelty sure helped get me started. When I attended my first conference 5 years ago, I ran into I think about 5 or 6 guys. This past summer, I think it was closer to about 100. So we are getting there.
I am just now completing year 5, I was a January 1, 2000 start, and this year I have thus far completed 43 shows and am about to hit the $25,000 mark in sales. This and a full time job. So...
I just love it for three main reasons: 1) I love to cook 2) I love the "distraction". I am a full time computer programer/operator and needed some fun! 3) I love the products!
The attention, the community service aspects and everything else that goes with it are great too.

Treat him the same.Treat him the same as everybody else. That way both you and him will be comfortable around each other.

That is correct!The only hard part is that you will have a tendancy, and it will seem like forever, to say at meetings, "Ladies" instead of "Ladies and Gent".
It took my director awhile to get that going. I did feel like the odd man out at times too because of that and that everyone else was female. Not alot of common issues to deal with if you get my drift. But, I got over it and she got into the swing of it and so did everyone else.
It's actually fun now that I am one of two guys in our group. Jon and John.
Too funny! We actually added a third as a recruit I singed has a boy friend who will be her partner. So he will be attending meetings from time to time too!
So, yes. Treat him like every one else.

Thanks for all your insite guys, but my concern was not how I would treat him, I do treat him as I treat any other consultant. That's not a problem for me. My concern was putting his reservations about being a male consultant in a female dominated business at ease. I have told him about the successful men in the business and he has already signed, I was just looking for insite from male consultants I could pass on to him.

Thanks for the help!

Male InsightI've been a consultant for one year. I love this business! I think guys can do it just as well. We just have to get on the phone. Often guys don't like to talk on the phone (I am one of those guys), bue email just doesn't get the responses. I keep trying, but it doesn't work. It's all about the phone!

Ive got an article on my website about Being A Male In A Female Dominated Industry if you want any of your guy consultants to read it!

Prepared and Pampered,

Rich Malboeuf

Last edited:
Too cool Rich and...I am planning on checking that out when I get home. I am at work and well, I lost track of time because I have been playing out here WAY TOO LONG!
But here is something to tell every guy out there.
Just like the women of the 70's and 80's, you have to work a little harder. You need to be a little funnier and definately get plastic surgery to look like Tom Cruise!
Just kidding!
If the guy is interested, there is nothing you really need to tell him. He knows the score and he knows there will be issues. Strangely enough I can't think of any right now except that at confernece he'll have to run to the basement to go to the bathroom! I personally have not found it to be a problem of any kind to be a guy in a female deminated field. I just knew I wanted to do it so I did. I think it onlybecomes an issue when you begin to over anylize it.
So chill and let him test the water.

What are the requirements to become a male Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a male Pampered Chef consultant, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Social Security number. In addition, you must also be a legal resident of the United States or Canada and have access to a computer with internet connection.

Do male Pampered Chef consultants have the same earning opportunities as female consultants?

Yes, male Pampered Chef consultants have the same earning opportunities as female consultants. The compensation plan and commission structure are the same for all consultants, regardless of gender.

Are there any resources specifically for male Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, there is a Male Consultant Insite resource page on the Pampered Chef website that provides tips, tools, and resources specifically for male consultants. This includes marketing materials, training videos, and success stories from other male consultants.

Are there any male-only events or trainings for Pampered Chef consultants?

While there are no male-only events or trainings, Pampered Chef does offer a variety of training and networking opportunities for all consultants, including regional meetings, national conferences, and virtual trainings. These events are open to both male and female consultants.

How can I overcome any potential barriers as a male Pampered Chef consultant in a predominantly female industry?

Pampered Chef prides itself on diversity and inclusivity, and gender should not be a barrier to success. We encourage all consultants, regardless of gender, to focus on building relationships, providing excellent customer service, and sharing the benefits of our products. Additionally, connecting with other male consultants and utilizing the resources on the Male Consultant Insite can help you navigate any potential challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fortunes4
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • jwpamp
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • flemings99