• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Switching to PP3: Feedback and Tips from Experienced Users

In summary, the conversation revolved around the hesitation and fear of switching to PP3 compared to the old version of PP. Some users had already made the switch and were happy with it, while others were still on the fence. The general consensus was that it may take some getting used to, but overall, PP3 has more features and will continue to be updated. Some users also mentioned the need to upgrade their computer systems to meet the system requirements for PP3. Despite initial hesitation, many users found that they grew to love PP3 through using it and discovering its features. The conversation ended with some users still waiting to make the switch, but acknowledging that it was necessary to help new recruits.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... I've done the tutorials... got through the rush of February and am teetering on the brink of making the big switch to PP3 but I must admit I'm scared... I'm not sure why... if I was just beginning PP3 would be all I have right? I had no trouble getting to know PP ... except that little part about how you can print all your reciepts at once... sigh.... anyway.... I'm looking for feedback... have you made the leap??? Do you wish you had waited??? Are you thrilled you did???? Are you still on the fence with me?????
Will I be glad and relieved once I do???? I am usually quick to decide and willing to try something new... I have my first March cooking show tomorrow... I submitted one catty already using PP ... HELP! I cannot wait to hear your wisdom!

I'm guilty too. I've been afraid to switch. I need to do it before my next show though!!

I'm very happy that I switched to P3. While it has some things missing now, it will constantly be updated to add the features that we know and love from PP. I think you should just go for it! If you choose to make the leap, know that there are many of us here that can help you through it if you feel scared or frustrated!

I took the plunge at the end of January, and I'm glad I did. I wish there had been a little more info from HO about the system requirements (I am going to be ordering more RAM for my machine, because P3 takes 3 full minutes to start up). And I'm a little disappointed that some of the reports and contact exporting aren't ready. But generally, it's good. :)

Didn't know the old, but I like P3 so far!

I waited until last week to switch to P3 and I love it!

I switched over awhile ago too and while there are things missing and in some ways it's actually not as user friendly (guess I just had figured out some quick tricks for PP), I do like it. I'm glad I did it because now my cluster can call me for help, esp since their new recruits only get this. There are some improvements and as the reports are added (my biggest complaint other than the fact that you can't change catalog shows to cooking shows!), it will be better.

Ok I admit it.... I'm scared to switch.....

phew... I said it! LOL

I'm switching today. I loaded it last week on my new computer, took the tutorials, and played with it.....I really do like it! I just didn't want to switch last week when I had all my Feb shows to submit just in case something happened.

I'm taking the plunge today.

Ann....I am so loving these smilies!! Thanks for showing me how to do them.

etteluap70PC said:
Ok I admit it.... I'm scared to switch.....

phew... I said it! LOL
Me too!:eek: I'm a chicken.

I have been dragging my feet on updating my computer for a couple of years (Windows 98). I have always believed in the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fit it." Well now that we have P3 (system requirements are Windows 2000 or above), and in trying to do my taxes with Turbo tax (Windows 2000 and above also) I relented and purchased a new system this weekend. I am hoping to get it up and running this week then download P3. I am thankful for everyone's input so far on the P3 program and am glad to begin hearing positive thoughts on the program. I am also sure I will be visiting past posts when I encounter problems/questions this next week. Thank you all for your input.

I am waiting also to make the switch. I find change very difficult, and I have been kind of waiting to make sure all of the bugs are worked out. I think I am going to have tomake the switch though, because as I sign new recruits, I need to know how to help them with the program.

For me P3 was one of those things that I learned to love through using it. I wasn't crazy about it in the beginning, but the more I've used it and figured out all of the changes the more I like it. There are a few things I miss about the old PP, but a lot more that I am enjoying about P3. So I say just take the plunge and switch over, it's really the best way to learn.

mrssyvo said:
I am waiting also to make the switch. I find change very difficult, and I have been kind of waiting to make sure all of the bugs are worked out. I think I am going to have tomake the switch though, because as I sign new recruits, I need to know how to help them with the program.

I'm in the same situation as Sue. I feel very confident in PP and use the Contact Management quite heavily, so I don't want to switch until I know P3 has the same functionality.

But, I do have new recruits and they'll need help.....ugh!

I guess I am clucking right along with the other scared chickens!:eek: :D ! I resist change so much! I have played with it and think it's cool but I'm a creature of habit I guess! But I think this would be the best week to try, but I'm stressing on all the incentives, like what if I have an issue and can't fix it by March 15th, I want my HWC products! And the same after that with the mid season products but at least I'd have a month to figure it out then! See how bad my mind gets! I almost talk myself into making "the plunge" and then I immediately talk myself out of it! Somebody help me!:rolleyes: :eek: :D LOL!

I changed over after I submitted all of my January shows & before I had my February shows. I've submitted around 3 cooking shows & a personal order, plus a supply order--all with no problems. I had only been using PP for a year & a half, so maybe it wasn't a big deal for me to switch. I'm glad I did--I love that the past host #s are updated automatically! I don't think it's any harder to figure out than PP--it's just different. I actually like it better for submitting a show because everything is so step by step to submit. I also like how it has a running total for how far away the host is from the next level--saves me having to use a calculator.

C'mon y'all!!! Take the plunge!! I did it when it first came out and I am probably the most computer illiterate person on CS. But, we are all independent, enthusiastic business-people and YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Ok.. enough RAH RAH RAH.....Go for it!!!

i think I've have definitely reached my target caffeine intake for the day!! Maybe even the week.

Ok, Ok, I will do it tonight. :p

dooooo it!!! doooo it!!

you know you want to.

All the cool kids are doing it.

(What's a little peer pressure among friends?)

Ann, you are so funny!!!! I was never one to give in to peer pressure, and I was not one of the "cool" kids. I do not think I am one of the cool ones now either. I know I need to do it, but I do not have the patience to learn something new right now.

I'm very happy that I switched to P3. It is very user friendly!

Ha Ha Ha
chefann said:
dooooo it!!! doooo it!!

you know you want to.

All the cool kids are doing it.

(What's a little peer pressure among friends?)

Okay... I think I'm going to a "Cook & Book" meeting tonight at my directors but when I get home, if all is quiet on the eastern front... I think I'll take the plunge, delete the PP3 play at it version and do it for real! AAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH ... I hope y'all encouragers are UP and ready for my panic if it doesn't go right... OH.. it will go right, it will go right... I think I can I think I can... I WILL!

I talked to my director about "the switch" (almost wanted to call it "the change" but that was already taken) and she advised me to hold off because there is still some bugs to be worked out. She was one of the test pilots for it. But if you guys are having luck with it, that is cool!

I've been using it since we got it and haven't had any problems with it. I have seen some improvements since then too! Tomorrow morning I will be on a teleclass with my director and clustermates. Someone I don't know is going to be teaching P3. I decided to participate just to hear what they have to say and give feedback on what I have learned/experienced. Who knows maybe I'll learn something that I didn't know yet.

I will try to make notes so I can post them. By the way HO told me to send them e-mails on what I think they need to put on P3 (what I am looking for, etc) and told me to tell others to do so too. The more requests they get the faster they will probably get them done!

Don't be chicken, do it. You will be amazed at how it walks you through the submitting a show and if it finds errors it tells you so you can fix it before it lets you submit.

Don't be a chicken just do it you will LOVE it !!!

WAHHHHHH....

My desktop won't read the disk! I downloaded P3 to my laptop but I use my desktop for PP!!!
I am having the neighborhood puter guy come over in a little bit to help me out!

Sure hope he can help you Erin! Keep us posted.

Okay... I've printed a bunch of receipts... thank you's and entered a couple orders! I am loving it so far... finding my way around okay... Thankful that you all encouraged me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are on the fence...Go ahead... climb over and go or PP3... :) that is said from someone who feared it greatly!

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... I've printed a bunch of receipts... thank you's and entered a couple orders! I am loving it so far... finding my way around okay... Thankful that you all encouraged me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are on the fence...Go ahead... climb over and go or PP3... :) that is said from someone who feared it greatly!

Congratulations:) So very proud of you!!!!!:D

Do we HAVE to switch? My computeer is Windows Xp, I think it might be 98. I don't know? I'm not in the position to buy new yet.. I got this in 2004 would windows 98 be on it? Or does XP tell you it's NOt 98?

Oh these fancy typewriters we use.......lol

The teleconference call I was on this morning was taped and I hopefully will get an e-mail letting me know when it can be heard so I can let everyone here know how to retrieve it.

It didn't tell me that much more than what I already knew but it was helpful especially for those that haven't had that much exposure to it.

One of the things that stuck with me was when you are adding a customer to a show that if they aren't in your contacts list and you want to add them you need to check off on the right side to add them as a contact as it doesn't automatically put them in your contacts. I knew PP didn't do it either but where P3 does so much I thought it might have.

I also heard that P3 is now MAC compatible. If it doesn't work on your MAC you should contact Tech Support.

The biggest thing is to get in the habit of when you turn on your computer in the morning and go on to the internet also open P3 so if there are any updates it can do it then before you get in the middle of doing something. This way you will be ready when you call a customer/host or if they call you without being interrupted by the update. You only need to be online when you are updating and submitting a show. From what I understand the less information you have in there the faster the update goes but everyone agreed that it is now faster updating than before so things are starting to show progress. It is a slower speed sometimes.

The subject of more contact management came up and as we were all told they are still working on fixing it to be better. Reports are also being worked on so we still need to be patient and let HO tech people know what we are looking for.

It was basically going over where to find how to add a show, contact, items, payments and a bit on finalizing. I am trying to remember what else was mentioned and am drawing a blank.

Also very important even though we don't have a reminder yet to back up we should try to remember to do it everytime before we close the program.

CAmomCookin4U said:
Do we HAVE to switch? My computeer is Windows Xp, I think it might be 98. I don't know? I'm not in the position to buy new yet.. I got this in 2004 would windows 98 be on it? Or does XP tell you it's NOt 98?

Oh these fancy typewriters we use.......lol

It works on XP fine and I think on Windows 98. You don't need to buy a new computer. Depending on your computer you may need more memory but if you bought it in 2004 new it should be XP. When you turn your computer on it should state which version it is.

You don't have to switch right away. I think I heard that we have 2 years to do so--don't quote me on that. Eventually all of us will have to be on it so they are recommending that you install it without importing if you are hesitant and learn by using the start up guide and playing with it. When you think you are ready, uninstall it and then install it and import your PP.

PP3 is OK. Still getting used to they differences but love the new PP3 receipts and the options of putting your e-mail on there.
One thing I noticed, if you accidently mark a show "catalog" show, you may not change it to cooking show.
It DOES allow you to change from cooking to catalog. Don't make that mistake like I did

That was brought up too. Right now put it in as cooking and if you decide it should be a catalog show then you can change it back. That is also something they have on their list of things to correct.

pamperedharriet said:
It works on XP fine and I think on Windows 98. You don't need to buy a new computer. Depending on your computer you may need more memory but if you bought it in 2004 new it should be XP. When you turn your computer on it should state which version it is.

It is an XP that I know for sure. I was worried when I saw an earlier post of XP98:eek: :eek: I think I will try it out first because I am working on a laptop that I use predominantly for school and PC. It's filling up FAST:eek:

Thanks for the help Harriet:) Laurel

Your welcome CAmomCookin4U! Good luck!

I did it...at the beginning of the month!! I was scared of change just like many of you!! But, we have to keep up with the times! Now that I am used to it, it isn't so bad! Hopefully they will come out with the rest of the reports soon!!!:rolleyes:

Good job Marlene! The more you use it the more comfortable you will be with it! We just have to be patient for more reports!

1. What are the benefits of switching to PP3?

Some of the benefits of switching to PP3 include a more user-friendly interface, improved organization of recipes and orders, and the ability to print receipts for multiple orders at once.

2. Have you made the switch to PP3? How do you feel about it?

I have made the switch to PP3 and I am very happy with it. It has made my job much easier and more efficient. I highly recommend making the switch.

3. Do you wish you had waited to switch to PP3?

No, I do not wish I had waited. In fact, I wish I had switched sooner. PP3 has been a game changer for me and I highly recommend making the switch as soon as possible.

4. Are you still on the fence about switching to PP3?

No, I am not on the fence. I am confident that PP3 is the best option for Pampered Chef consultants and I highly recommend making the switch.

5. Will I be glad and relieved once I make the switch to PP3?

Absolutely! Making the switch to PP3 will make your job as a Pampered Chef consultant much easier and more efficient. You will be glad you made the switch and will feel relieved to have a more user-friendly and organized system.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Back