1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching Making reminder calls for Host

1. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I was talking to my host for Thurs (11/19) and as of right now she has 3 guest. She sent out an evite so I see the 3 guest on there. I told her to make reminder calls to those who have not RSVP'ed. She said "Ok I will send out a reminder evite" then I said "it is nice to contact them personally and if you want I can make the reminder calls for you" but she didn't say yes or no, just kind of left it as is.

So my question is I have phone numbers for these ladies. Should I call them myself without my host knowing or should I get permission from my host?

I really don't want to go and spend my night out for 3 guest which by the way are all recently past host of mine so I know I will definitely not get a booking.

Nov 16, 2009
  2. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Hmmm...she didn't say "no" so I would do it! I know no one wants to drive anywhere for 3 guests!

Nov 17, 2009
  3. Suzballard

Suzballard Novice Member

I always let my hostess know that I will be sending out the invites (or evites) AND making reminder calls. I use one of the online services for the calls so it is quick & easy.

Nov 17, 2009
  4. littlemaisyPC

Thanks Jane and Suz for the input.

Nov 18, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I do the same- let them know I'll do the invites and the calls (if they give me the #s).

It takes me less than a minute- and I've caught quite a few people live who said "oh! Thanks!!" or "I didn't see the invite! (usu. email)" and then they show up. My show attendance when I do the calls is usually over 10 guests. So it helps alot!

Nov 18, 2009
  6. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I wouldn't do it without her knowing because you're not sure if she actually ended up doing it or not. That might seem annoying to get 2 calls. It's IDEAL if the host does them, 2nd best is if the consultant does it. If they get a call from the host and THEN another one from the consultant they might think you're nagging. Especially if their answer was no.

Nov 19, 2009
  7. littlemaisyPC

I thought about this too.

Nov 19, 2009
Have something to add?