• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Red Thai Curry paste?

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I posted the PC recipe for Thai Chicken Skewers with Coconut Rice (the picture of the recipe is in the catalog showing the skewers.) Someone asked me this question in the comments:

Amanda, can I use the Pampered Chef Red Thai Curry Marinade to make the Red Thai Curry paste? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Any ideas? I don't know the answer.

pchockeymom

Veteran Member
Jan 1, 2011
I have substituted red thai curry rub and heavy cream (blend to taste) for the paste. I don't remember how much of each, I was making a sauce, so I just added until it was right.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Okay, thanks! I googled Red Thai Curry Paste, and saw a recipe that calls for tomato paste and a bunch of other things to give it flavor, so I was thinking maybe a certain amount of the rub mixed with tomato paste might work. I e-mailed the test kitchens earlier, so I'll let you guys know if they have any advice, too.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Chef Damien wrote me back:

Dear Amanda,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef! We didn't test it that way
but I think your best bet is to stick with the curry paste. It's really
good for marinades. The rub is really best used as such...a rub. The
curry paste is a VERY concentrated which is what makes it ideal for the
marinade. Take care!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads