• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use Pampered Chef Red Thai Curry Marinade to Make Red Thai Curry Paste?

Chef Damien from The Pampered Chef also suggested sticking with the curry paste for the best results, as it is highly concentrated and perfect for marinades. In summary, there are a few ways to use the Pampered Chef Red Thai Curry Marinade to make Red Thai Curry paste, such as mixing it with coconut milk and cornstarch or adding in additional spices and curry paste. However, it is recommended to stick with the curry paste for the best results.
babywings76
Gold Member
I posted the PC recipe for Thai Chicken Skewers with Coconut Rice (the picture of the recipe is in the catalog showing the skewers.) Someone asked me this question in the comments:

Amanda, can I use the Pampered Chef Red Thai Curry Marinade to make the Red Thai Curry paste? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Any ideas? I don't know the answer.

I have substituted red thai curry rub and heavy cream (blend to taste) for the paste. I don't remember how much of each, I was making a sauce, so I just added until it was right.

Okay, thanks! I googled Red Thai Curry Paste, and saw a recipe that calls for tomato paste and a bunch of other things to give it flavor, so I was thinking maybe a certain amount of the rub mixed with tomato paste might work. I e-mailed the test kitchens earlier, so I'll let you guys know if they have any advice, too.

Chef Damien wrote me back:Dear Amanda,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef! We didn't test it that way
but I think your best bet is to stick with the curry paste. It's really
good for marinades. The rub is really best used as such...a rub. The
curry paste is a VERY concentrated which is what makes it ideal for the
marinade. Take care!

Hi there!Thank you for sharing the Thai Chicken Skewers with Coconut Rice recipe in the catalog, it looks delicious! As for your question about using the Pampered Chef Red Thai Curry Marinade to make Red Thai Curry paste, I have a few ideas for you.First, you can definitely use the marinade to make the paste. Simply mix the marinade with some coconut milk and a touch of cornstarch to thicken it up. You can also add in some additional spices, such as garlic, ginger, and lemongrass, to enhance the flavor.Another option is to use the marinade as a base and add in some red curry paste to give it a more authentic flavor. This will also help to thicken the sauce.I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients are needed to make Red Thai Curry Paste?

To make Red Thai Curry Paste, you will need dried red chilies, garlic, shallots, lemongrass, galangal or ginger, shrimp paste, and spices such as coriander, cumin, and peppercorns.

2. Can I substitute fresh chilies for dried chilies in the recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh chilies instead of dried chilies in the recipe. However, the paste may have a slightly different flavor and consistency.

3. How long does Red Thai Curry Paste last?

Red Thai Curry Paste can last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze the paste for up to 3 months.

4. Can I adjust the spiciness of the curry paste?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness of the curry paste by adding more or less dried chilies. You can also remove the seeds from the chilies for a milder paste.

5. What dishes can I use Red Thai Curry Paste in?

Red Thai Curry Paste is commonly used in dishes such as Thai curries, stir-fries, soups, and marinades. It can also be used as a condiment or dipping sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deanna_g
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bnlgal
  • kam