• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Pizza Dough without Instructions?

In summary, Sandy is making pizza dough from some old PC pizza dough and yeast. She doesn't remember how much water to add, but she does remember to add oil. She also remembers that there are different types of Runza's, some with cheese, some with mushroom, and some with onion. She has a recipe for home made dough that her grandmother passed down to her that is very easy to make. She also remembers that there are different ways to make Runza's, with cabbage, with sourkraut, or with onion and cabbage. She has also made Runza's with the Pampered Chef dough mixture before and it goes a long way.
mamadugan
Gold Member
I guess I don't know where to put this. I have some pizza dough from PC...along with the yeast....but no instructions. Guess that the box got thrown away.

How much water do you add to the dough/yeast mixure and do you put anything else in there with it?? I can't remember, but would love to make some dough for RUNZA's tonight!!

TIA:balloon:

1 1/4 cups hot water 2 TablespoonsOlive or vegetable oil

thanks!!! Yippee!!

Are these the cabbage, hamburger and onion Runza's??? I just made these the other day and they are so good. My family loves them.
I have a recipe for home made dough for them if you are interested. It's a recipe passed on to me from my Grandmother. Just let me know and I will post it.

Sandy

Pardon my ignorance but what's a Runza? Is it like a Pizza Pocket hence the pizza dough?

Runza is a Hamburger, onion, cabbage, seasoned meat mixture inside a soft dough, like a calzone,but a soft and yeasty dough. They come in varieties with cheese, swiss and mushroom, italian, cheeseburger, etc... It is a fast food restaurant in Nebraska and Iowa and they are known for their Runza sandwich, but they have burgers, chicken strips, soups, salads, etc....Maybe they are in other states too. And of course you can make them at home too. Runza does have a website, so you could check it out too.
HTH.
Deb

it is very good....we also use the "italian" way, we use spag. sauce with motz. cheese in it. Very yummy. Insead of cabbage I use sourkraut that also tasts yummy!! I have used thePampered chef dough mixture with them for a while. It goes a LOOONG way!! I have 7 kids and we can make 10-15 runzas with the dough.
Please post your recipie. I am always up for new Runza ideas!! Jodi you should try them

Runza's

1 LB hamburger
3 cups shredded cabbage (or more) (1 Med head)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1-1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste

In big frying pan, brown hamburger until done. Drain excess grease. Add onion, cabbage, water, salt and pepper and cook till water is all boiled off, about 20 minutes. (I let it simmer while the dough is rising and I think the flavor gets better that way, the longer it cooks)

Dough:
1 pkg yeast dissolve with:
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup warm water

3/4 cup milk, scalded and cooled
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon oil
2 cups flour you may have to add more if your dough is too soft.

Let rise till doubled in size. Roll out to about 1/4 inch and cut in 4 inch squares and fill center with filling. Pull sides up and press together to seal them. Let rise again for about 20 minutes and bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes. (check them sooner)

My note: Watch because they are usually done in about 20 minutes. They bake so nicely on the stones. I double my recipe to make extras. It fills up the family skillet at first (when the recipe is doubled) until the cabbage cooks down a bit. I only add about 1-1/2 cups of water in with the cabbage when I double the recipe and that seems to work out well. I also add some shredded cheddar cheese with the filling.

1. How do I know when the pizza dough is ready to use?

The pizza dough is ready to use when it is smooth, elastic, and no longer sticky. You can test this by pressing your finger into the dough – if it bounces back, it is ready.

2. Can I use all-purpose flour for pizza dough?

Yes, you can use all-purpose flour for pizza dough. However, using bread flour will result in a crispier and chewier crust.

3. How long should I let the pizza dough rise?

The rising time for pizza dough can vary depending on the temperature and humidity of your kitchen. Generally, it should rise for at least 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.

4. Can I freeze pizza dough?

Yes, you can freeze pizza dough. After kneading and allowing it to rise, punch it down and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Place it in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.

5. Do I need a pizza stone to make pizza dough?

No, you do not need a pizza stone to make pizza dough. You can use a baking sheet or a cast iron skillet as well. However, a pizza stone can help create a crispier crust.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pampered1224
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies