• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Flyers with Word: Solving Text Issues

In summary, the conversation discusses different programs and techniques for creating flyers. Some suggestions include swiping files from others, using PowerPoint or Word with text boxes, and using Publisher. The importance of adjusting text wrapping and removing boxy outlines is also mentioned.
CAPCnewbie
What program does everyone use to make flyers? I'm trying to make a few using Word but when I'm adding pictures, my text goes all over the place.
Is there an easier way to make a flyer?

I have found the easiest way to make a flyer is to swipe it off of here. :D

Crystal Patton said:
I have found the easiest way to make a flyer is to swipe it off of here. :D

LOL! I was just going to post that I wait until someone creative does one, and then I borrow it!:D

I ususally use PowerPoint (although I agree with the idea of swiping if off here :D)

Word really isn't the best for it, but you can change how text behaves around the picture by adjusting the text wrapping. I have Word 2007 at work, so I'm not sure if it works the same way on previous versions, but I can right-click on the picture and I get a "Text Wrapping" option. I usually choose tight, but you can play around with it.

I use Word, but I put lots in text boxes so I can move graphics, images, etc all around the page until I'm happy with the look.

In Word, Using Text Boxes definitely makes it easier. And sometimes, you just have to set the graphic "Square" or In line with the text. I forget which makes it work- I usually just play with each until I get them in the right spot. (Text boxes are easiest!)But I second the swiping files from CS option. I usually do that, and then just tweak them to my liking or update as needed.

Is there a way that you can use text boxes but not have the boxy outline show? Thanks for all your help.

CAPCnewbie said:
Is there a way that you can use text boxes but not have the boxy outline show? Thanks for all your help.

Sure... under the "format" menu, select "text box", then in the first tab (it says "colors and lines") for line color, choose "no line".

If you have it, publisher is also GREAT, better than word for this stuff. But I agree with the word advice - text boxes are the way to go, and also watch your wrapping in case it starts to screw things up.

1. How do I adjust the font size and style in my flyer?

To adjust the font size and style in your flyer, select the text you want to change and go to the "Home" tab. Here, you can use the font size and font style drop-down menus to make any desired changes.

2. Why does my text keep getting cut off at the edge of the page?

This is most likely due to the margins being set too narrow. To fix this, go to the "Page Layout" tab and click on "Margins." Choose "Custom Margins" and adjust the margins to be wider, allowing more space for your text.

3. How do I add bullet points or numbering to my flyer?

To add bullet points or numbering to your flyer, select the text you want to format and click on the "Bullets" or "Numbering" buttons in the "Home" tab. You can also customize the bullet style or numbering format by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the buttons.

4. Why is my text overlapping or not aligning properly?

This could be due to the text boxes not being properly aligned. To fix this, select the text boxes and go to the "Format" tab. Click on "Align" and choose either "Align Center," "Align Left," or "Align Right" to ensure all text boxes are properly aligned.

5. How do I insert images into my flyer?

To insert images into your flyer, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Pictures." Select the image you want to insert from your computer and click "Insert." You can then resize and position the image as desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchefdudeky
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
dsmegnky
  • pamperedchefdudeky
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
DizziePixie
  • esavvymom