• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Brie Appetizer - Alternatives to Kitchen Spritzer?

I've never had to use the extra replacement spray mechanism.I think I will try to brush on the oil (shows the basting brush and prep bowl).
kam
Staff member
I would like to make the Brie appetizer recipe.

I do not have the Kitchen Spritzer - what should I use instead to "spray" the bread with oil?

I read somewhere else on here that Pam is NOT the same thing. So do I just try to brush some oil on the bread?

(I am not sure about getting the Kitchen Spritzer since I have heard horror stories from guests about it not working after a short period of time. Is it just that they don't use it enough?)

Thanks!

I've made this several times. Half the time I forget to spray the bread and it comes out just fine. If you don't have the spritzer then skip that step. Just watch it so that it doesn't burn.

I made the brown sugar brie at a show on Saturday and used Pam to spray the bread before putting them in the oven. More than 20 min later ... the bread toasted really nicely.And the guests DECCIMATED the brie! 15 min after I put it out, it was gone!

I use the basting brush and brush the bread with oil.

BTW, there is Pam Olive Oil spray in a can now...

I would lightly brush it with oil. Don't use Pam--it has other yuckies in it that will make your stone sticky.

ExtraDo you all use extra jam? That is the only way I've made it since one of the girls said she did it by the recipe and she didn't think it was enough.:confused:
Deanna

I usually make the Brown Sugar version. Everyone loves it.

OK - THANKS!! I feel better that it will work no matter what I do!

I think I will try to brush on the oil (shows the basting brush and prep bowl).

Thanks again!

(I am not sure about getting the Kitchen Spritzer since I have heard horror stories from guests about it not working after a short period of time. Is it just that they don't use it enough?)

I've had mine over a year, and it works a lot better than that expensive Mister one I had before.

One tip I learned from another consultant here in town - after you're done spraying, twist the collar and let the pressure out.
It says that in the PIG, but I never read it until today:
Unscrew white ring and depressurize the bottle prior to storing.

I've never had to use the extra replacement spray mechanism.

Back to the brie recipe, I would brush a little oil on the bread because it gets a wonderful golden brown.

I use my Spritzer a lot. I love it. I do release the air before and after each use. My only complaint is that it is sticky from all the use, but that is my fault b/c I should have cleaned it well each time to prevent build up.

But then my mom has it and HATES it, so, I guess it is one of those "to each his/her own" products.

kspry said:
One tip I learned from another consultant here in town - after you're done spraying, twist the collar and let the pressure out.
It says that in the PIG, but I never read it until today:
Unscrew white ring and depressurize the bottle prior to storing.

Good to know!

I think I will have to break down and get the Spritzer - just because it is used in so many recipes!

Thanks!

jrstephens said:
I use my Spritzer a lot. I love it. I do release the air before and after each use. My only complaint is that it is sticky from all the use, but that is my fault b/c I should have cleaned it well each time to prevent build up.

QUOTE]

I put a paper towel or paper napkin around it before I 'depressurize' it...it helps keep it off my hand when i release the pressure.

I always mention that you have to release the pressure when i talk about it at shows...people don't know it, cause they don't read the instructions...i see it as my job to mention things like that...and like that the ice cream dipper needs to be hand washed/dried(how easy is that!)...I'd rather mention something real quick and have them happy with their product, rather then they come back to me and say it doesn't work.

I"ve had my Kitchen Spritzer for several years...before the extra mechanism came with it, and it still works...because I release the pressure each time.

I bought two at Bed Bath and Beyond before I became a consultant because my old PC ones didn't work well. I've never had a problem with them. I just take it with me and spray before guests see me and put it away.

I love the kitchen spritzers. I have two for a few years now but I don't depressurize them and have never had any problems. When ever I empty the bottle or have problems with is spraying correctly, all I do is run hot water in the bottle and spray that a few times and it usually clears any clogs. Both replacement parts have been sitting in the drawer since I got them. I have one with regular oil and one with olive oil.

I depressurize mine when I'm done and that seems to have helped with its longevity - it's the same spritzer that came in my kit 6 years ago. Another tip I share is to soak the spritzing mechanism in hot water for 5-10 minutes each time you have to refill the spritzer. Refilling it doesn't affect anything, but it's a good reminder to take a minute and get the gunk off the nozzle (just like daylight saving time is a good reminder to change batteries in smoke detectors).

A tip to help someone that already owns one love it again. Fill the bottle to the fill line with hot tap water, add a drop or two of dish soap. Pump it up and spray. The hot water and soap help break up any oil goobers and give it a fresh start again. Be sure to rinse it well and spray through some clean water too. I always do this when a host tells me that hers doesn't work.

I've done the brie for the past 11 shows. I use a 6 inch round and double all of the fillings. Before I had the spritzer, I brushed the bread with a basting brush and olive oil. I often forget to put the spritzer in my demo bag, so I finally bought a 2nd one. I do release the pressure each time I use it.

I melt butter in the prep bowl and use the basting brush to lightly butter the tops. I sold 3 prep bowl sets at my last show as a result.

What are some alternatives to using a Kitchen Spritzer for making a Brie Appetizer?

1. Olive oil: Brushing olive oil onto the brie before baking can help give it a crispy and flavorful crust.

2. Balsamic glaze: Drizzling balsamic glaze over the brie before baking adds a tangy and sweet flavor to the dish.

3. Honey: Drizzling honey over the brie before baking adds a touch of sweetness to balance out the savory flavors.

4. Puff pastry: Instead of using a Kitchen Spritzer, you can wrap the brie in a sheet of puff pastry before baking for a delicious and flaky crust.

5. Herbs and spices: Sprinkling herbs and spices such as rosemary, thyme, or garlic powder over the brie before baking can add extra flavor and aroma to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tkraus
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tkraus
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Pamperedatlast