• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing a Delicious Dessert the Day Before a Show

In summary, preparing a dessert the day before a show is a great idea as it can save time and reduce stress on the day of the event. Any type of dessert that doesn't require last-minute assembly or baking is ideal for making the day before, such as chilled desserts and baked goods. It's important to properly store the dessert overnight, either in the refrigerator or at room temperature depending on the type of dessert. Minor adjustments can be made on the day of the show, but major changes should be avoided. Desserts can be made up to two days in advance, but for optimal freshness, it's best to make them the day before the show.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Has anyone done the chicken clubhouse squares or the pina colada upside down cake ahead of time the day before the show? I have a show tomorrow at 3. We don't get out of church until 11:30 and I have to be gone by 1:30 at the latest because it is an hour away. I want it to still taste good, but I don't want to press myself for time.

I took chicken clubhouse squares to work one day and made them the day before. They were a hit -- people are still talking about them and it's been over a month.

I second the CCS!! People LOVE that recipe! In fact, the recipe states to refrigerate it for 30 minutes before serving but I never have time to during a show!

I have made the crust before but never the whole recipe. I prebake the crust the night before and it takes no time to put the rest of the ingredients together.

Hi there! I have definitely made both the chicken clubhouse squares and the pina colada upside down cake ahead of time for shows before. They both hold up really well and still taste delicious the next day. My recommendation would be to make them tonight and then just reheat them in the oven before your show tomorrow. That way, you won't have to worry about rushing to make them tomorrow and you can focus on preparing for your show. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any additional tips. Good luck with your show tomorrow!

1. Can I prepare a dessert the day before a show?

Yes, absolutely! Preparing a dessert the day before a show can save you time and stress on the day of the event. Plus, many desserts actually taste better after they have had time to set and the flavors have had a chance to meld together.

2. What types of desserts are best to make the day before a show?

Any type of dessert that does not require last-minute baking or assembly is ideal for making the day before a show. This includes chilled desserts like no-bake cheesecake, mousse, or pudding, as well as baked goods like cookies, bars, and cakes that can be stored overnight.

3. How should I store the dessert overnight?

It's important to properly store your dessert to maintain its freshness and quality. Chilled desserts should be covered and stored in the refrigerator, while baked goods can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If the dessert has a delicate topping or frosting, be sure to cover it loosely with plastic wrap to prevent it from sticking.

4. Can I make any adjustments to the dessert on the day of the show?

If necessary, you can make minor adjustments to the dessert on the day of the show. For example, you can add fresh fruit or a drizzle of sauce to a cheesecake or top a cake with freshly whipped cream. However, it's best to avoid major changes or additions as it may affect the texture and taste of the dessert.

5. How far in advance can I make a dessert for a show?

You can make a dessert up to two days in advance for a show, but the closer to the event you make it, the fresher it will taste. It's also important to consider the shelf life of the ingredients you are using. For example, a dessert made with fresh fruit may not last as long as one made with canned fruit. When in doubt, it's best to make the dessert the day before the show for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maragib
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • kcmckay
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies