• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Sure You Ask Everyone, Because You Won't Believ This!

In summary, DeeDee shared that she missed out on three recruits because of mistakes she made. She learned from her mistakes and added a question & answer game into her show so that she can avoid making the same mistakes again. Monica recommended that DeeDee call the pregnant recruit and see if she is still interested.
DeeisPampered
I am going to make you all sick. Several months ago, one of my 3 recruits signed a recruit. Her name was very familiar so I looked her up and compaired addresses to someone who ordered on my very first show. Yep, same person. So we are great! I am happy for my recruit and I learned a valuable lesson, right? Not likely! I had a lady who was so unhappy over a show that was screwed up (LOONNGG story) and beyond my control, she signs up becuase she wants "to put me out of business" but says she was interested anyway at becoming a consultant. So now that is two recruits I am missing right? NOW, I have learned my lesson right?! Well, I just found out that another lady who was at another one of my shows signed up under a director 45 miles away from where we live. That is THREE count them THREE RECRUITS I MISSED! I would now have had 6 recruits and been a director!

Learn from my mistake. I just added the 5 min question & answer game into my show! And I am going to adjust my questions when I am checking out to not only ask about a show, but about interest in the company!

God Bless,
Dee

Dee, that STINKS! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure that wasn't easy.

Can you tell me more about the 5 min question & answer game? I'm looking for ways to incorporate recruiting more, and that sounds interesting. I'm definitely working on asking about the business opportunity FIRST and asking for bookings second. That's kinda tough when you're already set with the way you do things at shows.

Thanks!

wow that is really harsh!! sounds to me like the one who signed to put you out of business wont be very successful because she wont be doing it for the right reasons. I dont usually push the recruiting thing. i let them come to me but i have been thinking that i might try and talk about it a little more at my next show. I have 2 people that have been interested for MONTHS and any time i bring it up they just avoid the subject. one is pregnant so i'm leaving her alone for now. the other had an amazing show i gave her some info and tried to follow up and havent heard anything else from her!! maybe you can double the leads now that you have learned a hard lesson. thanks for letting us know to ask everyone!!

Monica,
The potential recruit that is pregnant... call her up and talk to her! This might be the PERFECT time to get her to sign. If she's wanting to stay at home either for maternity leave or for good once the baby's born, then PC would help her to earn money while still being able to focus on her child/family. She can do catalog shows to begin with, and do very well with them. I know that when I signed, I had a 5 month old baby and at the time was trying to figure out if I'd have to go back to work in the next month or so.. if I had made the decision to sign when I was still pregnant and working, I could have built myself a HUGE clientele through mine and my husband's jobs (at the time), and would have been a lot more at ease knowing I could have sent out a pkg in the mail, clicked a few buttons and made money for the family, without sacrificing them one bit. Besides, if people know she's due to have a baby, they'll probably be willing to host a catalog show to help out the family. If you wait until after the baby's born to talk to her about it, she'll likely be too tired, stressed and haggard to take on ANOTHER new venture! Get her while she's got a little time left to get into the groove of the biz and she's not too tired to think! I wouldn't push her, but I'd call her up and say something like "I got to thinking about it, and I know the fatigue and stress that comes with a new baby.. and I realized that if you signed now, instead of later, you could get used to the biz by the time the baby comes. Build up your clientele, only offer catalog shows until you feel you want to do kitchen shows.. Right now is the PERFECT time to join (mention recruiting special) and I'd love to help you get started. We can have a big grand opening show for your business, and get some catalog shows booked before the baby's born." Anyway, I just thought it might be something to look into.. I've been down that road, and I wish I had signed when pregnant, instead of waiting until I had a 5 month old.

thanks for that Amanda. I guess I shouldve went into more detail with this girl. she is a very close friend of mine. she was helping me out with my shows for a while and said she wanted to join. i even offered to help pay for her kit. she's not a very good cook and she is a newlywed. they have been married 6 months and she is 5 months pregnant. rightnow they are trying to find there own place and get ready for the baby. her husband doesnt want her to have a "real" job and is encouraging her to join PC. I see her several times a week. we go to church together, sing together, and do the drama team together. anytime they are at the house we go int he kitchen and start cooking. she is just trying to learn the basics right now i guess. since i am in such close contact with her i'm not really woried about losing a recruit. but i appreciate your advice and will still work on her...you guys are the best!!

Dee,
Wow!! That sucks!! :eek: But the only thing you can do is learn from mistakes right? I've been trying to promote to Director, but can't say I ask everyone. My few leads have been unsucessful. The one I did recruit looks like she was a kitnapper. :( I think I will work on asking everyone now after reading this. I guess now I need to work on how.

Never stop asking!Ok girls let me tell you that is a hard way to learn. I was in PC years ago, left the table and now I'm back after about 7 years. The girl that I came back to was one of my recruits years ago, she is now my director. Everything has its own time and I don't regret leaving, I'm glad she never gave up on me. I returned in March 2005 and I have 5 recruits - 2 active... don't stop asking and stay excited. I plan to walk across stage in Chicago in July 2006 as a new director.

I know that this may sound corney because I didn't really do anything but ask one person but when I go to our sales meetings I look around and see all of the lives that have been changed because I asked one person. It never fails to give me a lump in my throat.

If you have never listened to Belinda Ellsworth 'Step into Success' it is worth every penny... one of my favorite things she says is...

You never know what someone has gone through that day, trying to find a way out, a way to make that visa payment, a way to stay home with that new baby... you can't tell by looking at someone what they are going through and you have something to GIVE them, you have thier way out. Never fail to do that 1 min. 30 sec. recruiting talk.

http://www.stepintosuccess.com/

Nanette

Don't judge!Well said Nanette! I love Belinda Elsworth!!

Another thing that I heard from Don Funt was... he was at a show where there were mostly wives of Doctor's, Lawyer's and such (in other words, women that most likely didn't need money)...he asked everyone and one lady came to him in private and said that she would love to give PC a try. She then told him her husband was abusive :eek: and she had no way out for her and her children! Pampered Chef was a way out for her! :D

So just remember not to judge anyone when you offer them the opportunity!!

An abusive husband, wow. You would have no idea! And just think of what a difference PC would make in that woman's life. Praise God!

I think that personally (and I'm sure many will agree) that the thing I need to change most about my recruiting strategy is my attitude. I LOVE my job! I'm so excited about every little thing. But you know what? I feel like I'm asking a big favor of everyone I tell about it, and like I'm being pushy or uncaring. Woah! That is NOT true! I need to remember that I'm offering a GIFT to everyone I talk to. If they choose not to take it, fine. However, if they see what a great gift it is, and choose to take the gift, then FABULOUS! It's not up to me to do the deciding. I'll let them do that.

So we'll see if my epiphany attitude change makes any difference at my show tomorrow. :)

Thanks for everyone's insight. I love Chef Success!

chefnan said:
Ok girls let me tell you that is a hard way to learn. I was in PC years ago, left the table and now I'm back after about 7 years. The girl that I came back to was one of my recruits years ago, she is now my director. Everything has its own time and I don't regret leaving, I'm glad she never gave up on me. I returned in March 2005 and I have 5 recruits - 2 active... don't stop asking and stay excited. I plan to walk across stage in Chicago in July 2006 as a new director.

I know that this may sound corney because I didn't really do anything but ask one person but when I go to our sales meetings I look around and see all of the lives that have been changed because I asked one person. It never fails to give me a lump in my throat.

If you have never listened to Belinda Ellsworth 'Step into Success' it is worth every penny... one of my favorite things she says is...

You never know what someone has gone through that day, trying to find a way out, a way to make that visa payment, a way to stay home with that new baby... you can't tell by looking at someone what they are going through and you have something to GIVE them, you have thier way out. Never fail to do that 1 min. 30 sec. recruiting talk.

http://www.stepintosuccess.com/

Nanette

Nanette, how do you keep it down to 1 min. 30 sec. recruiting ??? What do you say and not say?

Last edited:
I would love to know what you all share at your shows. I'm still figuring it out.

At Leadership this year I picked up a few things I think are great - I now ask everyone at my shows if they would like business info for themselves or someone they know. Many times if they book a show I give it to them anyway even if they did not answer yes. You never know who may want the kit credit and are just a little shy about talking to you at the party!

I always sprinkle a little recruiting throughout the show and I always tell them about the host benefit of starting their own PC business for $40! I usually lead into this by asking everyone to look at their wish lists - if they have a food chopper and a stone - I tell them I can give them 20 more products and their own PC business for less than they would pay for those two items! I usually get some ooohhss...at checkout I lay three piles of info out in front of me - the bus opp, hosting info and the recipe - I ask each person if they'd like info on the business opp for themselves or someone else, then if they were interested in booking and finally if they'd like today's recipe - I do this with everyone and it is so easy. Those standing around her me say it and know it's coming. There is no pressure and I always end on a positive note because everyone wants the recipe!

;)

Ask Everyone...Amanda you are so right, I was at leadership and someone said get one of those Take 5 candy bars and put it along with some recruiting info into a small packet and ask them to take 5 minutes and look over the information and I make an appointment to follow up with them in a couple of days.

I tell everyone at the end of my show that I am going to ask them and if I don't they get free shipping... I do the same thing with the 3 piles.. I am averaging giving out 3 recuiting packets at every show and if everyone that I have lined up signs... I will sign 5 this month... now I just have to get them qualified :p

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier but I had one girl that signed and she said that she has been to many shows and has thought about but no one has ever asked her.

Nanette
soon to be director :D

Do you mind sharing your game?
DeeisPampered said:
Learn from my mistake. I just added the 5 min question & answer game into my show! And I am going to adjust my questions when I am checking out to not only ask about a show, but about interest in the company!

God Bless,
Dee

Dee,
Do you mind sharing your question & answer game with us. It sounds like something that many of us could us.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back. With tax season, I hardly get any time for personal stuff. And forget double points!

Anyway, the 5 min question and answer game is where I have tickets that I hand out for a chance for a free prize that I will draw for at the end of the kitchen show. I set my Pampered chef timer for 3-5 min depending on the number of people and tell them that they have that much time to ask me ANY question they would like about my buisness. OH, make sure you say the about my business part or you will not believe the questions you will get. Especially if they are your "friends" :) For every question, I give two chances in the drawing. I try to keep track of who is asking the most questions if I can and during check out really focus on them.

Well, I did this at the show I held Fri night. I gave out 4 recruit packets at checkout!! Now all I have to do if find time to follow up. That is my biggest downfall. I am so busy with homeschooling, teaching at church, my tax business, and being a mother of 5 that I fail on the follow up.

That is the biggest reason my business has not dones as well. I realize it fully and keep praying that I will have a miraculous healing of my mind and become the most organized person and that the followup will just happen! :) One day, one day!

Hope this helped. I learned about the game on this board, and just adapted it to what I liked.

God Bless,
Dee Glauner

DeeisPampered said:
I realize it fully and keep praying that I will have a miraculous healing of my mind and become the most organized person and that the followup will just happen! :) One day, one day!

Hope this helped. I learned about the game on this board, and just adapted it to what I liked.

God Bless,
Dee Glauner

I just love you! I can do the follow up, its just getting a live person. Ugh!

What is "Make Sure You Ask Everyone, Because You Won't Believe This!"?

"Make Sure You Ask Everyone, Because You Won't Believe This!" is a phrase that Pampered Chef consultants use to encourage their customers to ask all of their friends and family members if they are interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party or joining as a consultant. It is a way to spread the word about the benefits of hosting or joining and to potentially reach more people.

Why is it important to ask everyone about hosting or joining Pampered Chef?

Asking everyone is important because you never know who might be interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant. By reaching out to a wide network of people, you increase your chances of finding someone who is excited about the opportunity. Plus, hosting a party or joining as a consultant comes with great perks and rewards, so it's worth asking everyone!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to earn free and discounted products. You also get the chance to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from a Pampered Chef consultant. It's a great way to gather friends and family for a fun night of cooking and shopping.

What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef as a consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to run your own business and make money while doing something you love. You also get to work with high-quality kitchen products and receive training and support from the Pampered Chef team. It's a flexible and rewarding way to earn income and build relationships with others.

Can anyone join Pampered Chef as a consultant?

Yes, anyone who is passionate about cooking and sharing the benefits of Pampered Chef products can join as a consultant. You don't need any previous experience or culinary skills to be successful. Pampered Chef provides all the training and resources you need to get started and grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • baychef