• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5

In summary, a group of individuals discuss their common goal of making their PC businesses their full-time career and replacing their 9-5 jobs. One individual shares her personal goal of quitting her job 9 months after finding out she's pregnant, and needs to reach $5,000 in commissionable sales per month to do so. Another individual shares her plans to go full-time with PC after her boss offers her a sum of money to stay for a few more months. Others share their own goals and experiences with building their businesses while also balancing family life. Overall, the group emphasizes the power of vocalizing their goals and the potential for PC to help them achieve their dreams.
jenniann
I wanted to start a thread for all of us who have the common goal of making our PC businesses our career and replace our 9-5 jobs. I heard someplace that you won't make your goal a reality until you vocalize it so here goes. My husband and I decided we're ready to start our family so I want to quit my 9-5 job 9 months from the day I find out I'm pregnant. To do this I will need to submit at least $5,000 in commissionable sales each month, currently I am at $2,700 to $3,00 in commissionable sales each month right now. So I have $2,500 to go. I hope to make this jump sooner than I plan, I am a person who wants instant results!

Can't wait to hear everyone elses goals!

Count me inI actually gave my notice for the first of the year but my boss begged and offered me a nice sum of money to stay 6 to 8 more months until he retires. Then I will be going at it full time. :D

Great Marie! I guess that just goes to show there really are some offers that are too good to refuse!

CONGRATS!

I've lurked on this site for quite awhile and got a ton of great ideas from it. But after reading this I just needed to post :D

I started PC at the end of October, had an AWESOME first month and a not so good second month, but my goal when I signed on was to quick my office job and do PC full time. I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old and I want to stay home with them. My goal is quit by the time my 2 year old starts school, so I've got 3 years to make my goal a reality. And I truly believe that PC can help me achieve that goal.

Even though I've had a so-so month this month, I'm working my business everyday and continually educating myself. I agree that vocalizing your dreams helps make them a reality! Thanks for starting the thread!!

I know that for me, a realistic goal is 3 years. I've been a consultant for one year now. However, I've increased my teaching from when I started and my PC business shows it. I'm sure I could be doing so much better if I didn't have the other job, but our family needs a steady income of some sort. My dh doesn't make enough for us to live on without a second income. I'm sure I could pare things down in our life, but we like the few amenities we have.

I started with the idea of bringing in at least $800 per month and I've done that a few months, however, now my goal is $400 so I can pay my car payment.

I'm having to move forward with my teaching career in case I do need to go back full time (I only work 30 hrs per week right now). However, I'd really like to just do PC!!

I'm excited to be going to leadership this year. I've only got two more qualified recruits to become director. AFter that happens, I'd definately re-evaluate because my director is just now starting to do very well. She has been doing PC for three years.

Good luck everyone!

I am also trying to get pregnant, and trying to build my business for that reason. I promoted to future director on September 1, and signed recruit #4 the other day. I have gone from a 2 show a month habit for the last 7 years, to 4 then 6 shows a month. I am looking at an 8 show month for January. I am very excited about the prospect of doing this for my family. I am not yet pregnant, but I know that I can do shows right up until the end of a pregnancy, and I know that 3-4 hours out twice a week is something I can do fairly soon postpartum. I already have two sons, so I think I have a fairly realistic perspective. Im glad I found this place!

friday

friday said:
I am also trying to get pregnant, and trying to build my business for that reason. I promoted to future director on September 1, and signed recruit #4 the other day. I have gone from a 2 show a month habit for the last 7 years, to 4 then 6 shows a month. I am looking at an 8 show month for January. I am very excited about the prospect of doing this for my family. I am not yet pregnant, but I know that I can do shows right up until the end of a pregnancy, and I know that 3-4 hours out twice a week is something I can do fairly soon postpartum. I already have two sons, so I think I have a fairly realistic perspective. Im glad I found this place!

friday
That's so great!! I would bet that you'll see your business REALLY take off in the spring if you can secure all 8 of those bookings for January. I found that happened to me back in June. I was really motivated to earn all the fall products for free (which I did thanks to over $6000 in sales!!!) and from there things have been going the best they ever have. I'm hoping to promote to director on Dec 1st and I've been doing this for less than 3 years. I have 7 in my first line and 4 in my 2nd line and that's all happened just since June or July!!! I think when our focus becomes more specific and we work a little more at our business, we'll see some great results. Sometimes it may feel like you're thinking, breathing and living PC, but I think it gets easier after a while.

My main reason for becoming a consultant wasn't necessarily financial, but now I'm seeing the great payoffs from it and it can really make a difference in our family income. Lately my paychecks have been able to pay most, if not all, of our mortgage payments! I never would have thought that would happen when I first started - neither did my husband!

Good luck to you!!! Friday, keep us posted on how January goes. :)

jenniann said:
I wanted to start a thread for all of us who have the common goal of making our PC businesses our career and replace our 9-5 jobs. I heard someplace that you won't make your goal a reality until you vocalize it so here goes. My husband and I decided we're ready to start our family so I want to quit my 9-5 job 9 months from the day I find out I'm pregnant. To do this I will need to submit at least $5,000 in commissionable sales each month, currently I am at $2,700 to $3,00 in commissionable sales each month right now. So I have $2,500 to go. I hope to make this jump sooner than I plan, I am a person who wants instant results!

Can't wait to hear everyone elses goals!

You do that much in sales every month now ~ wow! How many parties do you do a month? I'm so proud of you and your goals! Way to go, you go! go go!

reegrace said:
I actually gave my notice for the first of the year but my boss begged and offered me a nice sum of money to stay 6 to 8 more months until he retires. Then I will be going at it full time. :D

Wow, that's great!

pamperedbecky said:
That's so great!! I would bet that you'll see your business REALLY take off in the spring if you can secure all 8 of those bookings for January. I found that happened to me back in June. I was really motivated to earn all the fall products for free (which I did thanks to over $6000 in sales!!!) and from there things have been going the best they ever have. I'm hoping to promote to director on Dec 1st and I've been doing this for less than 3 years. I have 7 in my first line and 4 in my 2nd line and that's all happened just since June or July!!! I think when our focus becomes more specific and we work a little more at our business, we'll see some great results. Sometimes it may feel like you're thinking, breathing and living PC, but I think it gets easier after a while.

My main reason for becoming a consultant wasn't necessarily financial, but now I'm seeing the great payoffs from it and it can really make a difference in our family income. Lately my paychecks have been able to pay most, if not all, of our mortgage payments! I never would have thought that would happen when I first started - neither did my husband!

Good luck to you!!! Friday, keep us posted on how January goes. :)

That would make me soooo happy too (to pay most of the mortgage!)!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!!! What does the income from a second line look like? I just got my 3rd recruit, but none have qualified yet.. I mostly want them to do well because it's so exciting!!! :) I love PC and wish I had known about it sooner.

Well, I'm not a director yet, so I don't know the answer to that question at this point. I've heard that when you have 15 in your downline (or is it just your first line, I can't remember) you'll REALLY start to see the difference paycheck-wise. Who knows! :confused:

pamperedbecky said:
Well, I'm not a director yet, so I don't know the answer to that question at this point. I've heard that when you have 15 in your downline (or is it just your first line, I can't remember) you'll REALLY start to see the difference paycheck-wise. Who knows! :confused:

Thanks Becky. So you are waiting for yours to qualify then?

I'm hoping to officially promote Dec 1st. It kicks in the first of the month after you have five qualified consultants. I've already had five qualify and about to have a sixth, but two of them need to submit sales this month to stay active. If they don't stay active, I don't know if I'll promote yet. Then I have a 7th who is struggling to get some shows. She just moved to a new town a few weeks ago, so she's starting slowly. We shall see!

Perfect OpportunityI, too, would love to make PC my full time gig. I have a two-year old and we just found out that he is deaf. I am looking at several hours of therapy of all different kinds and to be honest, I NEED this business right now.
My major problem is I have the hardest time getting bookings! I am so determined to do this and I am trying to be patient with myself. I have a telephone conference with my director tomorrow regarding my goals for 2006 - I hope she can help me with my DESIRE and my NEED. If anyone else has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!

I am so sorry to hear about your son. I worked as a special needs worker for a child who was/is deaf at our local HeadStart center. I will say that you have a lot of options. I would suggest that you think over each one carefully. The child and his family attend my church and he has spent a lot of time in my home. So, I am pretty familiar with his needs. One good thing for you is that at his age he will pick up sign language fairly quickly...children learn so much better/faster than we do. Start out slow and before you know it you will be bilingual. I don't know what is available in your area, but in my area when a child is 3 they can attend HeadStart and before they are 3 they have the option of SoonerStart which is an inhome program. It is a DHS program. They will come into your home(if you want them) and help you and your child to learn sign language. At HeadStart they will hire a "helper" to work with the child individually. The child that I worked with is now 9. His family chose to have cochlear implant surgery. He wears a devise on his belt that is attached to an ear piece. The devise picks up sounds and somehow he is able to hear. It is a very detailed thing. It has worked well for him. I can not stress enough that you stay on top of your local school system to make sure he gets the help he needs when he is school aged. Small schools are not always equipped for this kind of need, but it is their responsibility to get it or send the child somewhere that they already have it. Your child will do wonderfully. My little friend plays basketball, he reads fairly well considering the trouble we have had with our school system. He is in my Sunday school class and participates a lot.

I figure you are a little overwhelmed at this point with all the info you have been given. Sign language is now considered as a second language just like learning spanish or german in school. On paperwork we receive each year when our children enroll in school, they ask if we speak a second language in our home. We now put sign language down. This helps our school get a little extra funding because they have students/families that speak sign language. The kids in the child's classroom all know quite a bit of sign language because they learned as he did. They all communicate well with him. It is amazing. Sorry this is so wordy and not about bookings, but I hope I have given you a little encouragement.

I wish you the best of luck with your bookings. PC is a hobby for me, but I am glad that if I need to make it a full time job that is waiting for me.

Shawnna Nixon

Here's my goal for 2006 in black and white.

I want to earn the incentive trip for 2. 2007 is our 10th anniversary and I would love to take my hubby away.

I am currently doing 3-4 shows a month and would love to at least double that. I currently have 3 recruits (two of whom have just gone inactive) and would love to promote to Director in time to walk at National Conference.

I am a little concerned that this may not be realistic - I am currently pregnant with our 4th child - I am due June 6th. But I know that I can't make that an excuse, so I am going to give it my best shot.

My goals!I SO want to make PC a career and not just a hobby. I'd LOVE to be bringing in more sales and bookings. I do 3 to 4 shows a month and would LOVE to be doing 8 to 10. I also want to up my show avg. Right now I am at a little over $350. Some of my shows are over $500, but most of them hover around $300 to $400! :eek:

Goal#1: Sign 4 recruits, keep the one I've got from going inactive and go on that trip.

Goal #2: Earn Golden Treasures Level 3 Trip! My hubby and I have never had a honeymoon and everytime we've planned a romantic vacation it's had to be cancelled. I would love to spend 5 at Atlantis with my husband.

Goal #3: Earn Directorship! This is not an "A" priority. I want to have an extra recruit or 2 so that if one of them goes inactive I won't lose it.

Goal #4: Perfect my show presentation. Some nights I just feel like I've bounced all over the place and other nights I'm just "ON!"

Goal #5: Work on my organizational skills. I feel the same way about this as I do my presentation. I really want to get a bigger desk and a better way to organize and keep track of my stuff. We are moving over the summer school break and I want to find a place to live that will afford me the space to have baby #3 and also space for my office. So that I am not trying to work right in the LIVING ROOM with the TV and kids playing in stereo behind me! :D

So, there's my list and I can't wait to start crossing things off!!

I recent'y lost my part time job. After that, rather than finding a new one, I really wanted to take my part time PC job and make it full time. That's been proving harder than I thought though. Much harder. I have put flyers out all over town, some grocery store flyers (which people HAVE been taking, although I've had no calls) and made some sales calls (none with a positive result). I went through all of my "maybes" from last year with no luck. I'm not really sure what else to do. I have NOTHING for Jan. I recently ordered a few of the items on supply that are supposed to help with this so we'll see how that goes. This can be SO frustrating. When I first lost my job, which was Dec. 30, I was so pumped to be doing this full time. That enthusiasm is starting to fade a little.

My GoalI would like to make PC my full time career within the next 3 years. My son will be starting school in 2 years and I would like to have the freedom to be involved in his classroom, with the PTA etc.

I only have one show for January and some prospects for February, but nothing definite. I would like to be doing at least 8 shows a month nad promote to director in time to walk across the stage at National conference.

I have a home day care business that = ft income that we need right now. I am getting my PC going so that I can close my day care when my 2 3 year old boys start Kindergarten. I don't expect PC to bring in the same $, but I am working to pay off bills so that we won't need so much $ to get by each month.

My goalsI started PC in the hopes of bringing in some extra money to get all of our bills paid off before my husband gets out of the military. So far, the extra money hasn't gone towards the bills, but into my PC business. I think I am just about at the point though that I have enough to carry me through without having to spend much more. I would eventually like to quit my full time job and work exclusively on PC. My goals are to get my 3rd SS (it has been slow going this month, but I plan on pulling it out), and recruit at least 5 people this year and be promoted to Director. I have written my goals on my wall calendar at home so that I can see them everytime I go in our out of the room I use for my office. It seems that if you write them down, they seem more real. I know that there will be some slow times (like now), but I know that my goals are attainable.

Hopefully my boss at my job now is going to be hiring someone soon, (which will knock me back to only doing 2 jobs instead of 3 :eek: ), and that will give me much more energy to devote to my PC.

This site has been soooo very helpful to me. PamperedPrincess, keep your chin up and your eyes focused on the goal. We know you can do it. It will take perserverance. Don't let the slow times set you back.

Good luck everyone on attaining your goals, and to a wonderful 2006.

Kim

What is "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5"?

"Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5" is a program designed to help individuals transition from their traditional 9-5 jobs to a career with Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that offers kitchen tools and cooking products. The program provides training, resources, and support to help individuals build a successful Pampered Chef business and potentially replace their traditional job.

How do I sign up for "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5"?

You can sign up for "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5" by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website. The program is open to anyone who is interested in starting a Pampered Chef business and is looking to leave their 9-5 job.

Is there a cost to participate in "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5"?

There is no cost to participate in "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5". However, to start a Pampered Chef business, there is a one-time fee of $109. This fee covers the cost of your starter kit, which includes over $450 worth of products and business supplies.

What type of training and support is provided in "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5"?

Participants in "Make Pampered Chef Replace Your 9-5" will have access to online training resources, mentorship from experienced Pampered Chef consultants, and support from our corporate team. We also offer regular virtual and in-person training events to help you grow and develop your business.

Can I really replace my 9-5 job with a career at Pampered Chef?

While we cannot guarantee that everyone will be able to replace their traditional job with a Pampered Chef career, many of our consultants have successfully done so. It takes hard work, dedication, and a passion for our products, but it is possible to build a successful business and make Pampered Chef your full-time career.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Raenstorm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies