• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Cookie Dough be Transformed into Frosting?

In summary, making cookie dough frosting from scratch is easy and only requires a few ingredients. Any type of cookie dough can be used for the frosting, as long as it is soft enough to mix in. Leftover frosting can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and can also be used as a filling for cakes. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months and thawed before using.
DebPC
Staff member
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1791/cookiedoughbecomesfrost.jpg

How to Turn Cookie Dough Into Frosting
1.Start with any cookie recipe.
2.If there are eggs in the recipe, leave them out. Although I eat raw cookie dough with eggs (tsk, tsk) all of the time, you can get sick from raw eggs.
3.Remove any baking powder or baking soda from the recipe. These are in the recipe to help the cookies rise. Since you aren't baking cookies, you don't need leavening agents.
4.Remove any mix-ins from the recipe. Instead of mixing raisins, chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc., into your cookie dough, sprinkle them on top of the cookie dough frosting as decoration.
5.Mix all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Don't worry about the order that you add the ingredients. Since you aren't baking the cookies, the specific recipe instructions don't matter.
6.Evaluate the thickness of the batter. If it's too thin (unlikely since most cookie batters are thick), add flour a tablespoon at a time until the batter is a good consistency to pipe. If the batter is too thick, add milk a tablespoon at a time until the batter is a good consistency to pipe.
7.Pipe or spread on cooled cupcakes or cake.
No promises that this method will work for every single cookie dough out there, but it should work with most of them.

Reference- the cupcakeproject.com

Wow, this is such a creative idea! I never would have thought to turn cookie dough into frosting. I love the tip about leaving out the eggs to avoid getting sick from raw eggs - safety first! And sprinkling the mix-ins on top as decoration is such a fun idea. I can't wait to try this out with my favorite cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Dear cupcake lovers,

I am excited to share with you a delicious and unique way to use cookie dough - as frosting! As a pampered chef consultant, I am always looking for new and creative ways to use our products, and this idea is definitely a winner.

To make cookie dough frosting, simply follow these steps:

1. Start with any cookie recipe, but leave out the eggs and any leavening agents like baking powder or baking soda. This will ensure that the frosting is safe to eat raw.
2. Remove any mix-ins from the recipe and instead sprinkle them on top of the frosting as decoration.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Don't worry about the order, as you aren't baking the cookies.
4. Adjust the consistency of the batter by adding flour for a thinner frosting or milk for a thicker frosting.
5. Pipe or spread the frosting on cooled cupcakes or cake.

While this method may not work for every single cookie dough, it should work for most of them. And the best part is, you can use any of your favorite cookie recipes to create a unique and delicious frosting.

I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy the deliciousness of cookie dough frosting on your favorite desserts!

Happy baking,
[Your name]
Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I make cookie dough frosting from scratch?

Making cookie dough frosting from scratch is easier than you may think! All you need is butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cookie dough. Start by beating the butter and cream cheese together until creamy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Finally, mix in chunks of cookie dough until fully incorporated. Voila, you have homemade cookie dough frosting!

2. Can I use any type of cookie dough for the frosting?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough for the frosting. Whether it's chocolate chip, sugar, or even peanut butter, the choice is yours! Just make sure the dough is soft enough to mix into the frosting.

3. How do I store leftover cookie dough frosting?

Leftover cookie dough frosting can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using, let it sit at room temperature and give it a quick stir to soften it up.

4. Can I use cookie dough frosting as a filling for cakes?

Absolutely! Cookie dough frosting makes a delicious filling for cakes. Just make sure to refrigerate the cake until ready to serve, as the frosting contains cream cheese and butter.

5. Can I freeze cookie dough frosting?

Yes, you can freeze cookie dough frosting for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and let it thaw in the refrigerator before using. You may need to give it a quick stir before using as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies