• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Family Reunion? Make-Ahead & Freezable Meal Ideas!

In summary, for a family reunion, popular make-ahead and freezable meal ideas include lasagna, casseroles, soups, chili, and slow cooker meals like pulled pork or beef stew. Desserts like cookies, brownies, and cakes can also be made ahead and frozen. Vegetarian and vegan options include vegetable lasagna, quinoa and black bean chili, and lentil shepherd's pie. To successfully freeze and reheat make-ahead meals, allow them to cool completely, use high-quality containers, label and date them, and thaw in the fridge before reheating. If you have limited freezer space, you can still host a family reunion by planning a potluck or opting for simpler meal options. The most important thing is
Lifeat50
I have a host who is having a family reunion and would like ideas for things to make ahead/freeze so she can spend less time in the kitchen. Bring on the ideas!!! :chef:

Greek Cheese Torta can be made the night before and is wonderful!

I've made several batches of the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and then kept it in the crockpot to serve at a luncheon. Everyone raved about it at the event.The power cooking chicken recipe Chicken Tortilla Soup is excellent! It assembles quickly and she can make several batches of it. It freezes well if she wants to prep it far ahead of the reunion. I use 1/2 the amount of the Chipotle rub, though, especially if serving a crowd, because it's pretty spicy the way the recipe calls for it.

What about doing some of the make ahead chicken or beef and then do the Dijon Noodle Toss, Stir Fry or the Chili?

Hi there! I have some great ideas for make-ahead and freezer-friendly dishes that your host can prepare for her family reunion. For appetizers, she can make mini quiches or meatballs that can be frozen and reheated before the event. For main dishes, she can make lasagna, casseroles, or soups that can be portioned and frozen for easy reheating. As for sides, she can prepare mashed potatoes, rice dishes, or roasted vegetables and freeze them in individual servings. And for dessert, she can make a big batch of cookie dough and freeze it for later baking or make a big batch of brownies that can be cut into squares and frozen. These are just a few ideas, but there are endless possibilities! I hope this helps and happy cooking! :chef:

1. What are some make-ahead meal ideas that can be frozen for a family reunion?

Some popular make-ahead and freezable meal ideas for a family reunion include lasagna, casseroles, soups, and chili. Other options include slow cooker meals, such as pulled pork or beef stew, and freezer-friendly dishes like meatballs or stuffed peppers. Don't forget about breakfast options like breakfast burritos or muffins that can also be made ahead and frozen.

2. Can I make desserts ahead of time and freeze them for the family reunion?

Yes, many desserts can be made ahead of time and frozen for a family reunion. Some great options include cookies, brownies, and cakes. These can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can also freeze pie dough or pre-bake the crusts for pies and freeze them until you are ready to use them.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan make-ahead meal options for a family reunion?

Absolutely! Some delicious make-ahead and freezable vegetarian and vegan meal ideas include vegetable lasagna, quinoa and black bean chili, stuffed bell peppers, and lentil shepherd's pie. You can also find pre-made vegetarian and vegan options at many grocery stores, like veggie burgers or meatless meatballs, that can be frozen and reheated for the reunion.

4. What are some tips for successfully freezing and reheating make-ahead meals?

To ensure your make-ahead and freezable meals turn out delicious, make sure to follow these tips: 1) Allow the dish to cool completely before freezing. 2) Use high-quality freezer bags or containers to prevent freezer burn. 3) Label and date your meals for easy identification. 4) Thaw the meals in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. 5) Reheat in the oven or on the stovetop for best results.

5. Can I still host a family reunion if I don't have a lot of freezer space for make-ahead meals?

Absolutely! While make-ahead and freezable meals can be convenient for a family reunion, they are not a requirement. You can also plan a potluck-style reunion where everyone brings a dish to share, or opt for simpler meal options like sandwiches or BBQ that can be prepared the day of the reunion. The most important thing is bringing your family together, so don't stress about having a fully prepped menu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keynibear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1PamperedMommy