• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog?

In summary, putting a mini in an envelope with a full-page invite and stamping it at the post office costs the same as mailing it without the invite.
Monty060609
Does anyone know if it is more than a regular stamp to mail the mini catalog with the invite sticker?

I bought the labels today and I'd like to mail them tomorrow. I'll have to go to the PO anyway, but I just thought I'd ask here first.

A mini-catalog & 1 sheet invite in an envelope is just one stamp. I prefer putting the catalogs in the envelope so that they don't get ripped in the mail machines.

Sorry to revive an old thread.

I have been interested in switching to mailing my mini's in envelopes rather than just by themselves.

What envelope's are best, and can still use the one stamp?

I usually insert one half page insert and put the mini in an envelope. A few seasons ago, I went to the post office and the weight of the envelope pushed it over the base stamp rate!!! Once I took it out of the envelope, it was OK.

But, previous to that, I was OK putting them in envelopes, but now, since I don't know how picky my PO person is going to be, I just tape the sides.

I've been mailing minis with a full page invite in an envelope and it's always been the regular mailing rate. Wonder if your envelope or paper was heavier?

I usually use plain generic (store brand) business envelopes (#10) with a full sheet of paper (20 pound weight - heavier can push the weight over) and the mini. I usually have 2 labels on the mini, both from a sheet of 30 to a page. And it's JUST OK for standard 1 ounce postage.You can close up minis on all 3 open sides, but the postal service has pretty specific requirements for that. You can't use staples, and shouldn't use invisible or cellophane tape. You're supposed to use mailing stickers, which are less likely to tear in the sorting machines than tape. You can get them at office supply stores, even some with perforations so your customers can open them easily. The minis must also be oriented with the fold at the bottom.I've gotten enough torn up mail that I don't trust the minis to go through the USPS without being mangled.

crystalscookingnow said:
I've been mailing minis with a full page invite in an envelope and it's always been the regular mailing rate. Wonder if your envelope or paper was heavier?

They were cheap #10 envelopes and a HALF sheet of paper. The paper was standard. I also had a larger label on the mini's (instead of stamping them) so I think that may have pushed it over.

Plus, I have heard that this particluar post office is a pain in many areas.

I have put the same stuff in a envelope previous seasons and taken them to another post office and they have always mailed fine. It wasn't until I went to this particular PO that there was a problem. Ugh! the problem is that this is the ONLY post office I can get to at lunch time. The next nearest PO closes at lunch. (Love small towns). Or I have to wait 'til Saturday and go near home.

I would prefer to mail it in the envelope, though.

chefann said:
I usually use plain generic (store brand) business envelopes (#10) with a full sheet of paper (20 pound weight - heavier can push the weight over) and the mini. I usually have 2 labels on the mini, both from a sheet of 30 to a page. And it's JUST OK for standard 1 ounce postage.

You can close up minis on all 3 open sides, but the postal service has pretty specific requirements for that. You can't use staples, and shouldn't use invisible or cellophane tape. You're supposed to use mailing stickers, which are less likely to tear in the sorting machines than tape. You can get them at office supply stores, even some with perforations so your customers can open them easily. The minis must also be oriented with the fold at the bottom.

I've gotten enough torn up mail that I don't trust the minis to go through the USPS without being mangled.

Thanks! I just had a complete (excuse the term) BLONDE MOMENT! I walked over to my materials with a mini and was like WOW! it actually fit's in a standard envelope! I was getting ready to go out and buy some special size envelope for it! You made my day! :sing:

robochick84 said:
Sorry to revive an old thread.

I have been interested in switching to mailing my mini's in envelopes rather than just by themselves.

What envelope's are best, and can still use the one stamp?

I mailed mine in a regular long envelope with one stamp. I include either the guest special, pamper your business or fundraiser flyer and have not had an issue

1. What is the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog"?

The "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog" is a special edition catalog from Pampered Chef that features a selection of products that can be easily shipped through the mail with just a single stamp. It is perfect for customers who want to send gifts or treats to friends and family.

2. How do I get a copy of the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog"?

You can request a copy of the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog" from your Pampered Chef consultant or you can also view it online on the Pampered Chef website. You can also contact our customer service team to request a copy.

3. Are the products in the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog" different from the regular Pampered Chef catalog?

No, the products featured in the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog" are the same as the ones in the regular Pampered Chef catalog. However, the products in this mini catalog are specifically chosen for their lightweight and compact size, making them ideal for shipping through the mail.

4. Can I order products from the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog" online?

Yes, you can order products from the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog" online through the Pampered Chef website. Simply add the products to your cart and proceed with the checkout process.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for products in the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog"?

Yes, there are often special promotions or discounts for products in the "Is It More Than a Stamp to Mail Mini Catalog." These promotions may vary, so be sure to check with your consultant or the website for any current offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• daniellemorgan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • lkprescott
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • J.Corley