• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cancelled Show Costly: Should I Ask for Postage Back?

In summary, the conversation discussed a situation where the speaker had to cancel a show after sending out invitations and whether they should ask for reimbursement for the postage costs. Some suggestions were given on how to handle future cancellations and the importance of using envelopes when mailing mini catalogs. The group agreed that reimbursement should only be requested if the show does not reschedule within a reasonable amount of time.
Tonight was the second show in the last month that I had cancel AFTER I mailed the invites. Would you ask for the postage back? This last one cost me over $20 in postage and that doesn't count the mini's, labels, and envelopes. I don't know what to do.:confused:

I think it would depend on the reason behind the cancellation........I had a show scheduled in Nov. that we had to cancel 3 days before show, due to Hostesses mother being in ICU. She's since called and we've scheduled show for later this month, but I'm still on fence if I should re-send invites.

For me, it would totally depend on reason of cancellation, if hostess is a good hostess for you, but that's just me.

HTH,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I think it would depend on the reason behind the cancellation........I had a show scheduled in Nov. that we had to cancel 3 days before show, due to Hostesses mother being in ICU. She's since called and we've scheduled show for later this month, but I'm still on fence if I should re-send invites.

For me, it would totally depend on reason of cancellation, if hostess is a good hostess for you, but that's just me.

HTH,

Lisa

I had this happen and since I now send the mini catalogs I just followed up with the changed date on a postcard.

cincychef said:
Tonight was the second show in the last month that I had cancel AFTER I mailed the invites. Would you ask for the postage back? This last one cost me over $20 in postage and that doesn't count the mini's, labels, and envelopes. I don't know what to do.:confused:

I am curious about the envelopes? Not sure if you know you can mail mini cats by themselves, they don't need to go into an envelope. Hope this helps you for future mailings.

PampChefDeb said:
I am curious about the envelopes? Not sure if you know you can mail mini cats by themselves, they don't need to go into an envelope. Hope this helps you for future mailings.

Personally, I have found that when mailing mini's by themselves, the edges get caught and ripped, and sometimes never make it to the intended guests. I ALWAYS use an envelope, so that I don't have any problems.

ChefBeckyD said:
Personally, I have found that when mailing mini's by themselves, the edges get caught and ripped, and sometimes never make it to the intended guests. I ALWAYS use an envelope, so that I don't have any problems.

Well, that makes sense. I just started mailing for my hosts a couple months ago so I've not heard about any damage....yet! Hopefully they are getting their invites! Thanks!

PampChefDeb said:
Well, that makes sense. I just started mailing for my hosts a couple months ago so I've not heard about any damage....yet! Hopefully they are getting their invites! Thanks!

Ditto that, I won't send mini's without envelopes either!
I agree for the reason of cancellation...I would only ask for reimbursement if the show did not reschedule in, say, 2 mo time. But then, how would you get that back anyway? At best, see if they would do a catty show.

She is not going to reschedule, she has one outside order and asked if I could make that a catalog show. She has a lot going on and I understand she really does, but I already mailed the invites and I offered to do the calls and buy the ingredients so I went out of my way to make it easy. I am not going to do anything about the postage this time, but will put it in my hostess letter for the rest of my shows. If they cancel after the invites go out I will need to be reimbursed for my expenses. I can't spend $20 in postage for a $150 catalog show.

1. What is the cost of a cancelled show?

The cost of a cancelled show varies depending on the size of the show and the amount of preparation that has already been done. Generally, the cost can range from $100-$500.

2. Do I have to pay for a cancelled show?

Yes, as a host, you are responsible for the cost of a cancelled show. This is because the consultant has already invested time and resources into preparing for the show.

3. Can I get my postage back for a cancelled show?

It is not standard practice for Pampered Chef to reimburse for postage costs for a cancelled show. However, you can always reach out to your consultant to discuss any potential reimbursement options.

4. How can I avoid costly cancellations?

The best way to avoid having to cancel a show is to communicate with your consultant and make sure you are able to fulfill your hosting obligations. If unforeseen circumstances arise, try to give your consultant as much notice as possible.

5. Can I reschedule a cancelled show?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to reschedule a cancelled show for a later date. However, keep in mind that the consultant's availability may be limited and it is ultimately up to their discretion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies