1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Mailing Invites

1. cincychef

cincychef Advanced Member

Tonight was the second show in the last month that I had cancel AFTER I mailed the invites. Would you ask for the postage back? This last one cost me over $20 in postage and that doesn't count the mini's, labels, and envelopes. I don't know what to do.:confused:

Nov 30, 2009
  2. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

I think it would depend on the reason behind the cancellation........I had a show scheduled in Nov. that we had to cancel 3 days before show, due to Hostesses mother being in ICU. She's since called and we've scheduled show for later this month, but I'm still on fence if I should re-send invites.

For me, it would totally depend on reason of cancellation, if hostess is a good hostess for you, but that's just me.

HTH,

Lisa

Nov 30, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I had this happen and since I now send the mini catalogs I just followed up with the changed date on a postcard.

Nov 30, 2009
  4. PampChefDeb

PampChefDeb Member

I am curious about the envelopes? Not sure if you know you can mail mini cats by themselves, they don't need to go into an envelope. Hope this helps you for future mailings.

Nov 30, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Personally, I have found that when mailing mini's by themselves, the edges get caught and ripped, and sometimes never make it to the intended guests. I ALWAYS use an envelope, so that I don't have any problems.

Nov 30, 2009
  6. PampChefDeb

PampChefDeb Member

Well, that makes sense. I just started mailing for my hosts a couple months ago so I've not heard about any damage....yet! Hopefully they are getting their invites! Thanks!

Nov 30, 2009
  7. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Ditto that, I won't send mini's without envelopes either!
    I agree for the reason of cancellation...I would only ask for reimbursement if the show did not reschedule in, say, 2 mo time. But then, how would you get that back anyway? At best, see if they would do a catty show.

Nov 30, 2009
  8. cincychef

cincychef Advanced Member

She is not going to reschedule, she has one outside order and asked if I could make that a catalog show. She has a lot going on and I understand she really does, but I already mailed the invites and I offered to do the calls and buy the ingredients so I went out of my way to make it easy. I am not going to do anything about the postage this time, but will put it in my hostess letter for the rest of my shows. If they cancel after the invites go out I will need to be reimbursed for my expenses. I can't spend $20 in postage for a $150 catalog show.

Nov 30, 2009
Have something to add?