• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mailing Catalogs: What to Include?

In summary, Melinda typically sends a letter thanking the person for their interest, includes current host flyers and the next month's flyer, and makes a follow-up call 5 days after mailing the catalog. If the person does not have internet access, they usually place the order over the phone.
Terrygyrl
There are a few people that I would like to mail catalogs to: a lady I used to buy Avon from, the couple I bought my house from, a guy I used to date (he actually requested one because he is an awesome cook). My question is when you mail these do you include an order form or do you just follow up with a call and offer to bring them or send them an order form then?

I would probably send along an order form and/or let them know they can order directly from my website, that is if you have one.

Melinda--Usually, I do not send an order form. I send a letter thanking them for their interest (If they requested a catalog) and explaining the host program. I also include the current host/guest flyers and the following month's host flyer. Then I follow up about 5 days after I mailed out the package. When I see that their order has shipped I mail out their receipt with a brief thank you letter.

Hope this helps!

Thanks guys!Thanks for the tips. I don't have a website yet but I hope to by fall if my business does well. I think once I get started and get a website up, it will be easier.

Start off big!Start off with the big question!!
"What do you think about becoming a consultant?
Then ask the next question if you get a no.
"How about hosting a show, it's a great way to earn FREE products as well as other wonderful benefits?"
Then ask the next question if you get another no.
"Would you like to place an order?"
It's a little known fact that people can't give you too many no's. It works everytime for me. This way you recruit, try to book and if all else fails you get an order and hopefully a faithful customer who might host later.
Hold off on the order form until you know what she wants to do.

Debbie

I respecfully disagree...I have heard before to start with the big question.."have you ever thought about being a consultant?" then working down to "how about an order?" It just doesn't sit right with me. While you may finally get a yes...to an order, I really think that those people would be a little put off. Let me clarify...when I have had other sales people use that tactic on me...I've been very put off. People know when you are "working" them a little too hard. I do agree that people can only say no so many times, hence the need for customer care and follow ups.

How are thye ordering
Chef Kearns said:
Melinda--Usually, I do not send an order form. I send a letter thanking them for their interest (If they requested a catalog) and explaining the host program. I also include the current host/guest flyers and the following month's host flyer. Then I follow up about 5 days after I mailed out the package. When I see that their order has shipped I mail out their receipt with a brief thank you letter.

Hope this helps!

Chef kerns - How are these people ordering from you - Are you talking to them? Thru your website - you said ''after their order ships". Not sure I follow.

Get the customer first!!I disagree as well. Belinda Elsworth is where I stole the line "get the customer first." You always want to get the customer first...then move to hosting a show...then move to being a consultant. If you start right off with asking them if they are interrested in what you do, you might turn them off from even being a customer. However, if they are a customer or a host first, then you ask them..no matter what their answer they will most likely always be a customer of yours. :D

Just my 2 cents! :cool:

Teri--When I make that follow-up call 5 days after I mail out the catalog they place their orders. If I'm mailing them a catalog they usually do not have internet access. So, they usually place the order over the phone.

What should I include in my mailing catalog?

It's important to include high-quality photos and descriptions of your products, as well as pricing information and any current promotions or discounts. You should also include your contact information and a call to action, such as a website or phone number for customers to place orders.

How should I organize my mailing catalog?

Organizing your catalog by product category or season is a popular choice. You can also use a table of contents or index to help customers navigate the catalog more easily. Make sure to include page numbers for easy reference.

Should I include testimonials or reviews in my mailing catalog?

Yes, including positive reviews or testimonials from satisfied customers can help build trust in your brand and products. Just make sure to get permission from the customer before using their review in your catalog.

How many products should I include in my mailing catalog?

This will depend on the size and format of your catalog. Generally, it's a good idea to showcase your best-selling or most popular products, rather than overwhelming customers with too many options. Consider including a mix of new and existing products to keep things fresh.

Can I include a special offer or coupon in my mailing catalog?

Absolutely! Including a special offer or coupon can entice customers to make a purchase. Just make sure to clearly state the terms and conditions and include an expiration date to create a sense of urgency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
aried
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • SusanBP0129