• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Can I Find Affordable Magnet Business Cards?

In summary, the conversation discusses different options for purchasing business card magnets at various stores such as Office Depot, Office Max, and Staples. Some individuals have found discounts at these stores, while others have found cheaper options at places like Walmart or through Vista. There is also a mention of getting magnets through Merrill at a discounted price, but the individual is not ready to make a large purchase yet. They plan to use Vista to create their own magnets and are wondering if they can use credits to cover the shipping cost.
NooraK
Gold Member
I want to start handing out business card magnets to my guests. I don't have the money to purchase the Merrill ones (although it's a goal in the future). I'm not creative enough to make something on Vista that I like.

I was thinking of purchasing the sticky magnets that I can attach my current business card to.
*Office Depot has a box of 25 for $7.59 or 50 for $13.49.
*Office Max's website has 50 for $12.99 and 100 for $22.99, but I can't figure out how to find our discount (I thought there used to be an excel file)
*Staples has 50 for $15.49 and 100 for $22.99
*I can get 50 for $6.95 through Merrill, but I don't have anything else to order, and I don't want to pay $6.50 for shipping

Has anyone found them cheaper anywhere else? Or does anyone have a cool design I can recreate on Vista?

I don't think this will help you, but I get mine already made through Merrill for 59.95 for 250 & they are beautiful. From your post ir looks like you are going to spend almost as much & then you have to make them & put them together. Just a thought.....

I would go ahead and give Vista a try. If all you have to pay is shipping on something you can't go wrong.

Staples also has a box of 25 magnets, and with our discount, they are $3.99! So, I always get 2 boxes of the 25 magnets for $8.

I know this won't help, but I found at our local thrift store a year or so ago, two brand new packs of 25, that look like houses that say "Service You Can Trust" on the roof and the peel and stick part was the house. Each pack only 79cents!!! They are so cool! I know I really lucked out.

Liquid Sky said:
Staples also has a box of 25 magnets, and with our discount, they are $3.99! So, I always get 2 boxes of the 25 magnets for $8.

We get a discount at Staples??
How did I miss this?
Someone fill me in!!!

We get a discount at office max... and a 25 pk of magnets is $3.99 after our discount. I always buy my magnets there.

elizabethfox said:
We get a discount at office max... and a 25 pk of magnets is $3.99 after our discount. I always buy my magnets there.

I just bought the box of 100 at Office Max and they were only discounted $1.

Our Office Max discounts change all the time. The envelopes I always buy weren't discounted this time either. :grumpy:

I usually buy them at Office Max. Which reminds me I need to grab a couple to bring to my host tomorrow.

elizabethfox said:

Oh gosh, yes it's Office Max! Oops...sorry for naming the wrong store :blushing:

I got mine sticky magnets at Staples b/c my director gave me a giftcard for Christmas!!

You can get these at Wal-Mart, I can't remember how much they are, but much cheaper than Staples (at least in my area).

I can't remember what I paid for them, but these are WAY cheaper than Merrill.

I make my own business cards and make them as I need them into the magnets.

HTH,

Lisa

I just ordered 100 magnets from Vista....for around $18! Haven't gotten them yet...but they looked beautiful. I did my last batch of business cards from there about a month ago and LOVED them...I made the magnet to match. With the magnets there was also the FREE edit...which made it that much easier, give it a try!!!Cindy

Thank you all for the great information! Maybe I'll play a bit more with Vista. I think I have some credits on there. Does anyone know if I can use my credits to pay for the shipping?

Ginger428 said:
I don't think this will help you, but I get mine already made through Merrill for 59.95 for 250 & they are beautiful. From your post ir looks like you are going to spend almost as much & then you have to make them & put them together. Just a thought.....

I plan to do that as soon as I get my show schedule a bit more solid. That's why I was thinking of only 25 o 50 to start with, just so I have something to give out.

NooraK said:
Thank you all for the great information! Maybe I'll play a bit more with Vista. I think I have some credits on there. Does anyone know if I can use my credits to pay for the shipping?

I plan to do that as soon as I get my show schedule a bit more solid. That's why I was thinking of only 25 o 50 to start with, just so I have something to give out.

I Gotcha!!! :)

Be forewarned...I have found Vista to be a time trap as I become addicted to designing and "playing". If you ever need a way to kill time in no time flat...log into Vista. hehe :D

There are some great biz cards & magnets on there as well that can be more tailored to your personality. Give it a try!

OK, since the baby's asleep and DH is at poker night, I had some time available to sit on Vista. I made some magnets, and decided to throw in some post cards too. What do you think? The line on the post cards doesn't actually appear, I just took a screen print when I was editing it, because it was a bigger image.

Attachments

• Show Booked.jpg
    Show Booked.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 374
  • Magnet.jpg
    Magnet.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 460
  • Show Booked back.jpg
    Show Booked back.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 371
I already have the Merrill business cards and have purchased magnets on EBay from a place called "Zillions of". If you just search "magnetic business cards" there are lots of options there. One price is 225 magnets for $25.99 with free shipping. HTH

What are magnets for business cards?

Magnets for business cards are small, flat magnets that are designed to be attached to the back of a business card. They allow the business card to be easily displayed on a magnetic surface, such as a refrigerator or filing cabinet.

What are the benefits of using magnets for business cards?

Using magnets for business cards can help increase your brand visibility and keep your contact information easily accessible to potential clients. They also have a longer lifespan compared to traditional paper business cards, making them a more cost-effective option in the long run.

Do magnets for business cards come in different sizes?

Yes, magnets for business cards come in various sizes to fit different types of business cards. They can also be custom-made to fit specific sizes or shapes.

How can I design my business card to work with magnets?

When designing your business card to work with magnets, make sure to leave enough space on the back for the magnet to be attached. You can also incorporate the magnet into your design by using it as a background or adding a small logo or text on it.

Can magnets for business cards damage electronic devices?

No, magnets for business cards are not strong enough to damage electronic devices such as smartphones or laptops. However, it is still recommended to keep them away from sensitive devices, just to be safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • kylev
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefinski