1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Made it through my day!

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I learned to day I'm too old to do 2 shows in one day! I got through it and when I was driving home from the second, I realized, I just can't do two. My feet hurt, and I'm exhausted.

They both went well and I loved doing them both, met some great ladies. I got 4 solid bookings (two from each show). I also got one recruit lead. I'm almost too tired to get excited about the results.

Anyone else crazy enought to do two shows a day?

Maybe it was just because it took so long to leave the host's homes. I only had 45 minutes to rest between shows.

2. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

I've done 3 before and OH BOY talk about tired! I do 2 in a day every couple of months and yes I'm tired but sure am glad that I did as usually I'm on FIRE and I got them out of the way in one fell swoop!!!

3. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

I did 2 a few Saturdays ago and had no time to rest in between. I literally left the 1st show and drove straight to the 2nd show and set up. Both went well... I think having no time to rest actually helped me because I had no time to think about how tired I should be.

Apr 19, 2009
  4. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

One weekend in January (double points LOL) I had a Friday show at 5pm, a Saturday show at 10am & 5pm AND a Sunday show at 2pm. It was totally insane - I was soooo tired Sunday night. BUT I did $1,900.00 in sales that weekend. I don't think I would book that close again, unless it's double points! Tee-hee.

5. cewcooks

cewcooks Advanced Member

I did a business fair one night then a womens brunch the next morning I had over 1000 in sales for that month and I was tired, but I think I might do that again, but not 2 in one day.

Apr 19, 2009
  6. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I regularly do 2 show in one day in the fall months when I can only do weekends. It is very common that I will book one on Fri night, 2 Sat and one Sunday. I did for three months last year.
    This weekend I did Fri-today...I'm exhausted too! ;)

Apr 19, 2009
  7. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

How do you plan? When do you do your dishes???? What is your secret oh mighty ChefSteph???

Apr 19, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Well if I do book in close again, I need to get better at organizing, and how I pack my things. I had a hard time finding things at the second show.

9. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Oh you are too funny...

I will plan the SAME demo for all shows for that weekend, that makes it easy to just clean up and pack and go. When I double book Saturdays, I do a 1pm show and then a 6 or 7pm one. When I have my first show, I just wash up the dishes and repack my tote, it makes it a little more challenging for guest lap boards, I stamp as many as possible and just replace the ones that were lost for the late show. It takes a little organization, but if you stick w/ the same recipe for demos, it makes it a LOT easier! Also, of course it won't work if you have shows that are more than 1/2 apart or something. Try to book shows that are in the same town to cut down on time travelling.

Apr 20, 2009
Have something to add?