• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Are Our Products Made? - Stephanie's Inquiry

In summary, while some products are made in the USA, the vast majority are not. And, while it is a great idea to buy USA, it's not practical to do so.
smstrks
Hi all,

I have a potential outside order for an upcoming party that wants to know where our products are made. Are any of them made in the US besides the pantry items and cookbooks? She only purchases made in the US products and I'd like to give my host some info for her.

Thanks,
Stephanie

You can check all of the products out in the Product Information Guide on CC and it will tell you where each product is made.

we do have a lot made in China, but not everything

Stoneware is made in the USA.

I always roll my eyes when people say that they only buy "made in the US" products. I just highly doubt it. There is NO WAY that someone is purchasing only products made here. It's just not possible. Do they own a computer? A car? A refrigerator, stove, microwave, washing machine, clothes, etc...all of those things have at least some components that are made in other countries - mostly China, or other Emerging or 3rd world countries.
But hey - sell the bejeebers out of the stoneware to her. Ours is a much higher quality than other stoneware, and it's made in the USA!

Sorry - just a little rant - I'll back away slowly now and leave this thread.:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
I always roll my eyes when people say that they only buy "made in the US" products. I just highly doubt it. There is NO WAY that someone is purchasing only products made here. It's just not possible. Do they own a computer? A car? A refrigerator, stove, microwave, washing machine, clothes, etc...all of those things have at least some components that are made in other countries - mostly China, or other Emerging or 3rd world countries.
But hey - sell the bejeebers out of the stoneware to her. Ours is a much higher quality than other stoneware, and it's made in the USA!

Sorry - just a little rant - I'll back away slowly now and leave this thread.:eek:

Becky, that was exactly what I was going to say, but didn't know how to say it. I would love to buy only USA products, but it just isn't practical. I was at the grocery store and the garlic was even grown in China!

I've started telling folks that our products are made all around the world, including the USA. And while some of our products are made in China, it seems that the vast majority (at least last time I really checked) weren't. They were made here, or in Taiwan (sp?), or in other countries.

I have found that most of the people I've dealth with who want to buy "Made in the USA" are really trying to buy items NOT made in China. But they don't realize that until faced with the reality (as mentioned above by Becky).

I tend to err on the side of USA when possible (availability and price), not from China when I can't get USA, China for those things that I can't find/afford otherwise. And, I always try to buy from a business based in the USA so that if I can't USA made products, at least I am supporting a USA business.

Which, long story long, is where I try to steer (stear?) customers who are trying to buy USA...support a USA company if you can't get the product that is made in the USA.

Whew...hope that made sense to somebody!!!:rolleyes:

nikked said:
I've started telling folks that our products are made all around the world, including the USA. And while some of our products are made in China, it seems that the vast majority (at least last time I really checked) weren't. They were made here, or in Taiwan (sp?), or in other countries.

I have found that most of the people I've dealth with who want to buy "Made in the USA" are really trying to buy items NOT made in China. But they don't realize that until faced with the reality (as mentioned above by Becky).

I tend to err on the side of USA when possible (availability and price), not from China when I can't get USA, China for those things that I can't find/afford otherwise. And, I always try to buy from a business based in the USA so that if I can't USA made products, at least I am supporting a USA business.

Which, long story long, is where I try to steer (stear?) customers who are trying to buy USA...support a USA company if you can't get the product that is made in the USA

Whew...hope that made sense to somebody!!!:rolleyes:

Nikki, yes, you spelled "steer" correctly - and, wonderful philosphy on buying USA, even if it's not made in the USA!

Those kind of people really annoy me! Is it even possible to only buy products made in the US? It's a wonderful idea, but is it possible?? I am a huge anti-WalMart fanatic, but even I find that I have to go there at times b/c that's the only place I can find something :grumpy:

Just to add my 2 cents there are plenty of people who are adamant about buying US. I can't sell veggie peelers and other fruit & veg friendly tools at the farmers market my Dad sells at because they are made in China & Taiwan. The farmer's market is all about sustainability. They want in this order: items organically grown or made in the Madison area, organically grown items or made from other VA cities, or items made in the US. I have to commend people who take a stance and stick to it when they can control it. So is it realistic to buy everything American no.....but you can defiantely do a good bit of US business.

I believe that glass, stone, scrapers are made here.

American Ingeneuity built the Ford motor car
And with it came our dependence on oil from afar
If we had just stuck with the Carriage and the Horse
We would all buy our Oats and Grain from the US of course!If you want your standard of living where it is today
Then support regional vendors and the taxes which we pay
If you want to sacrifice and give up some of what you've got
Buy only US products and let the imported stuff rot.When the costs of labor and manufacture fall
We can aim our sights differently, one and all
But the most American manner in which we buy and pay,
Is Supply/Demand, Capitalism all the Market Driven Way!It's a mouthful to deliver to someone who says, "I only buy American" but at least thinking it distracts my mind from four-letter alternatives!

Right there with you Scott. Whenever someone says they 'only buy American', it tells me they really don't understand the free market system and how fundamental it is to the freedoms established by our founding fathers.

A competetive-based market allows each of us to choose the features and standards of quality we spend our money on. (Remember this when our car options start to change in a couple years.)

The Pampered Chef is an American company that strives to provide the best product (and customer service) at the best price. Many of our 'made in china' products are obtained thru American-owned and operated distributors. PC then turns around and sells these products through 70,000+(?) Amercian-owned and operated small businesses (that be us).

Sorry to rant, but 'buying American' just isn't the patriotic act so many people think it is. :grumpy:

I had a gal ask me about the Made in China thing at my show last Sunday. This is what I told her:
Pampered Chef does it's very best to keep eveything we can in the US, however the costs to manufacture certain items in the US would make those items too expensive for most people to afford. Pampered Chef doesn't want to become a company that is too expensive for the avarage American, so some items must be made overseas. It's a choice of providing people with quality kitchen tools that are afordable(sp?). But keep in mind, though the item may be manufactured overseas, you are supporting many families within the US buy purchasing them from Pampered Chef, myself included.

I HIGHLY recommend for those of you who haven't read Doris Christopher's biography, to find a copy and read it.

She addresses the issue of where products are manufactured in her book. She TRIED to go with US companies, but when she was starting out, many US companies wouldn't give her the time of day. She went with foreign companies because they were willing to talk to her and work with her to develop products....Read the book - it's an amazing story, and you will come away with a renewed appreciation for PC and an enormous respect for Doris Christopher.

Here is a link to the book on Amazon: (I got my "like new" copy for $5 plus $3 shipping!)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0385515359/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Two years ago, I talked to a rep at Nat'l Conf that in the marketing dept. I told her there were many empty factories in Michigan that could be used to make PC products.
She said when I find people to fill them, and make products similar to ours, or a new product to show PC, SEND THEM TO THE HO! They are more than willing to look at all American Made products... :eek:

blueberrylady said:
Two years ago, I talked to a rep at Nat'l Conf that in the marketing dept. I told her there were many empty factories in Michigan that could be used to make PC products.
She said when I find people to fill them, and make products similar to ours, or a new product to show PC, SEND THEM TO THE HO! They are more than willing to look at all American Made products... :eek:

Right there is the key!!! Many Americans have the mindset that they are too good to do some work. Unfortunately, that is why many illegal immigrants find work when they get to America. How many Americans do you know that would spend 8 hours a day in a field picking strawberries, lettuce, etc. Don't get me wrong, I do not support giving illegals all of the benefits they are getting today, but they do have a place in our economic infrastructure.

We only have ourselves to blame for expecting low priced goods and services, and corporations have spent the last 40 years trying to meet our demands, and to do that, exporting manufacturing overseas and hiring illegals has been their only options since they aren't represented by any sort of union or organized workforce. I don't think that is right either. Somehow, we need to meet in the middle in order to bring manufacturing back to the US. In order to cut the cost of manufacturing here, American workers must be willing to work for a little less (that will never happen, they know that the government will give them handouts instead) and American consumers must be willing to pay a little more for goods (that won't happen either).

shelly.nurse said:
Right there is the key!!! Many Americans have the mindset that they are too good to do some work. Unfortunately, that is why many illegal immigrants find work when they get to America. How many Americans do you know that would spend 8 hours a day in a field picking strawberries, lettuce, etc. Don't get me wrong, I do not support giving illegals all of the benefits they are getting today, but they do have a place in our economic infrastructure.

We only have ourselves to blame for expecting low priced goods and services, and corporations have spent the last 40 years trying to meet our demands, and to do that, exporting manufacturing overseas and hiring illegals has been their only options since they aren't represented by any sort of union or organized workforce. I don't think that is right either. Somehow, we need to meet in the middle in order to bring manufacturing back to the US. In order to cut the cost of manufacturing here, American workers must be willing to work for a little less (that will never happen, they know that the government will give them handouts instead) and American consumers must be willing to pay a little more for goods (that won't happen either).

It's a vicious cycle! :(

1. Where are your products made?

Our products are made in various locations, including the United States, China, and Europe. We work with trusted manufacturers to ensure the highest quality standards for our products.

2. Are your products made in the USA?

While some of our products are made in the USA, we also work with manufacturers in other countries to bring a diverse range of high-quality products to our customers.

3. How do you ensure the quality of your products?

We have a rigorous quality control process in place to ensure that all of our products meet our high standards. This includes working closely with our manufacturing partners and conducting regular inspections to ensure consistent quality.

4. Are your products ethically and sustainably sourced?

We are committed to ethical and sustainable sourcing practices and work closely with our manufacturers to ensure fair labor practices and environmentally responsible production methods.

5. Can you provide more specific information about where each product is made?

Due to the large number of products we offer, it is not possible to provide specific information about where each product is made. However, we are happy to provide information on a specific product upon request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies