• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Madagascar Vanilla the New Trend in Baking?

In summary, the Watkins brand vanilla is "double strength, double force", has an artificially flavored label, and is cheaper than other brands on the market.
Debunny
I received an email from a newsletter I subscribe to and it had a madagascar vanilla in it for sale. Makes me wonder about our price since theirs was much cheaper with shipping since their bottle is 11 ounces. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? I did notice in our min catalog that the vanilla is not a PC exclusive item, so I am wondering if this is pretty much the same kind of vanilla. Here is a link to the site with it. Any ideas if it is the same kind or what? Or is the madagascar vanilla the new thing right now?

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?cart_id=9471277.7726&pid=100&product=Watkins

Ours is "double strength" and I don't know if the other one is or not. So you only need to use half of what a recipe calls for. I hear the bottle will last a LONG time. I've also heard that this makes it very similar in price than others on the market. Is the other one double strength? I couldn't click on the link to check it out.

Watkins has been around for a very long time. They originated as door to doo sales people. they have a catalog that encompasses many household items. Pantry, keeping house cleaning products, Bath stuff, and suppliment/first aid type things.

Did you ever see the movie (made for TV?) with William H. Macy about the guy who was handicapped and still made a great living with it. It is a true story and I believe the guy is still alive.

I haven't had this product before but I think it is probably pretty good as it has been around for so long. You can do reseach by googling Watkins.

Yes, that does appear to be "double strength" but it's not pure vanilla extract. It sounds like they have added things to theirs.

Look at it closely - they make an imitation double strength vanilla flavour and a pure vanilla extract. If you look at the pic of the bottle on the link, you can just make out artificially flavored on the label.
That's why it's cheaper.

Becky it is double strength but now that i keep looking at it under the Original double strength vanilla label in very small print it says artificially flavored...hmmm. wonder what they flavor it with?

according to Watkins exclusive process and fortified with special ingredients to make it bake-proof, freeze-proof, and double strength.

Tiffany no I never saw the movie you are talking about. Sounds interesting though. I was just looking at a little info on the company and they have been around a long time, think I saw that it was over 100 years?

LOL Marg you posted as I was writing mine. Caught it before I did. ;)

VanillaThis is so bizzar! It just so happens that I have recently been introduced to the Watkins brand. I ordered the vanilla extract, which is "double strength, double force". I have used it in my frostings and have found it to be great tasting. Yes, it is true that it is artificially flavored. That was a draw-back to me, but I taste no difference. Being a "baker" I really want "real" ingredients in my recipes. I am curious as to why PC is selling Vanilla now? Does anybody have the answer to this question?

Nevertheless, Watkins is a great company. And the TBS movie "Door to Door" with William H. Macy was excellent. I watched it twice (I never watch a movie more than once) and I laughed and cried. I think that there is a lot to learn from other direct sale companies. So that is why I went to the Watkins site and requested a catalog.

Just wanted to contribute to the conversation!

Too funny!!!OMG Debbie that happens to me all the time. I never type fast enough. :)

Now you may have to correct me, but I thought at conference they stated it was returning. Thought they sold it before and brought it back. The beer Bread is a reintroduce for yester year. Maybe with tastefully simple out there the marketing/times have change and it was reintroduced. :rolleyes:

1. What is Madagascar Vanilla?

Madagascar Vanilla is a type of vanilla bean that is primarily grown in Madagascar, a country located off the coast of Southeast Africa. It is known for its rich and creamy flavor profile and is widely used in baking and cooking.

2. How does Madagascar Vanilla differ from other types of vanilla?

Madagascar Vanilla is known for its high vanillin content, which gives it a rich and intense vanilla flavor. It also has a smooth and creamy texture, making it a popular choice for desserts and other sweet treats.

3. Is Madagascar Vanilla the same as Bourbon Vanilla?

While Madagascar Vanilla is often referred to as Bourbon Vanilla, they are not exactly the same. Bourbon Vanilla is a specific type of vanilla bean that is grown in Madagascar, but it is also grown in other countries such as Comoros and Reunion. However, Madagascar is the largest producer of Bourbon Vanilla beans.

4. How should I store Madagascar Vanilla?

Madagascar Vanilla beans should be stored in a cool, dark place in an airtight container. You can also store them in the refrigerator or freezer to extend their shelf life. Ground Madagascar Vanilla should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.

5. What are some uses for Madagascar Vanilla?

Madagascar Vanilla is commonly used in baking, such as in cakes, cookies, and other desserts. It can also be used in savory dishes to add a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor. Additionally, it is often used in beverages such as coffee and cocktails.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Zombielicious
  • minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies