• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ouch! Sharp-Corner Tongs Bite My Finger Twice

In summary, the conversation is about a new pair of tongs that have a sharp corner and have caused multiple people to get pinched and even injured. The participants in the conversation offer tips on how to avoid getting pinched and suggest that the company should consider making the tongs safer.
luvs2sellit
:mad: Okay, this has happened twice to me. I have pinched the ever loving fire out of my finger with the new tongs. I was so excited about them when we got them in and they were just what I had been looking for. But twice I have pinched (so bad it made a blood blister) my pinky finger. So, beware, they are vicious!!! haha. I still love them, just will be super careful. If you look at them at the the part that bends you will see a sharp corner, that is what bites me.

Sorry to hear that :( The way I grab my tongs, I hold them in the center and squeeze. I haven't pinched myself yet, but will definitly think about it now and be more carefull. Thanks for sharing.

Heal fast!

I really want to like the tongs, too....but have been pinched 2-3 times already! Grabbing at the center has helped tremendously!!

Me Too!I have been pinched COUNTLESS times, sometimes very, very hard! (I was using them to take giant lobsters out of a pot of steaming wine - you have to really work the tongs to get a good grip, and every time they slid off the shell, they got my pinky!)

I will try the grab in the middle idea, and I will not be passing them around at a show!

Too bad - I bought them because I thought they were SO COOL, and had to be seen to be believed...

When I got mine in, my husband and I were both holding them - I was showing him how they worked. Somehow I closed them and took several layers of skin off his thumb. It took a good week for it to totally heal. PC needs to look into making that sharp edge safer.

1. How do I avoid getting my fingers caught in the sharp corners of the tongs?

To avoid getting your fingers caught in the sharp corners of the tongs, make sure to securely grip the handles with your fingertips and keep your fingers away from the edges of the tongs while using them. You can also opt for using tongs with rounded edges to prevent any accidents.

2. Can I sharpen the edges of the tongs to make them easier to use?

No, we do not recommend sharpening the edges of the tongs as it can make them more dangerous to use. The sharp corners are designed for efficient gripping of food and should not be altered in any way.

3. Are there any safety tips I should know about when using the tongs?

Yes, always be sure to handle the tongs with caution and keep them away from children. When not in use, store them in a safe place with the edges facing down to avoid any accidental injuries.

4. What should I do if I do get my finger caught in the sharp corners of the tongs?

If your finger gets caught in the sharp corners of the tongs, carefully and slowly release the pressure until your finger is free. Rinse the affected area with cold water and apply a bandage if needed. Seek medical attention if the injury is severe.

5. Are there any alternative tongs that are safer to use?

Yes, we offer a variety of tongs with different designs and features that may better suit your needs. Our customer service team would be happy to assist you in finding a safer alternative for your kitchen needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • alustizanicole
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
adgal27
  • smilesarepriceless