1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: :mad: Okay, this has happened twice to me. I have pinched the ever

1. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

:mad: Okay, this has happened twice to me. I have pinched the ever loving fire out of my finger with the new tongs. I was so excited about them when we got them in and they were just what I had been looking for. But twice I have pinched (so bad it made a blood blister) my pinky finger. So, beware, they are vicious!!! haha. I still love them, just will be super careful. If you look at them at the the part that bends you will see a sharp corner, that is what bites me.

Oct 17, 2005
  2. Sorry to hear that :( The way I grab my tongs, I hold them in the center and squeeze. I haven't pinched myself yet, but will definitly think about it now and be more carefull. Thanks for sharing.

Heal fast!

Oct 17, 2005
  3. MSmith

MSmith Member

I really want to like the tongs, too....but have been pinched 2-3 times already! Grabbing at the center has helped tremendously!!

Oct 17, 2005
  4. ChefLaurel

ChefLaurel Member

Me Too!

I have been pinched COUNTLESS times, sometimes very, very hard! (I was using them to take giant lobsters out of a pot of steaming wine - you have to really work the tongs to get a good grip, and every time they slid off the shell, they got my pinky!)

I will try the grab in the middle idea, and I will not be passing them around at a show!

Too bad - I bought them because I thought they were SO COOL, and had to be seen to be believed...

Oct 18, 2005
  5. jujubug

jujubug Novice Member

When I got mine in, my husband and I were both holding them - I was showing him how they worked. Somehow I closed them and took several layers of skin off his thumb. It took a good week for it to totally heal. PC needs to look into making that sharp edge safer.

Nov 26, 2005
Have something to add?