1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: :mad: Okay, this has happened twice to me. I have pinched the ever

1. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

:mad: Okay, this has happened twice to me. I have pinched the ever loving fire out of my finger with the new tongs. I was so excited about them when we got them in and they were just what I had been looking for. But twice I have pinched (so bad it made a blood blister) my pinky finger. So, beware, they are vicious!!! haha. I still love them, just will be super careful. If you look at them at the the part that bends you will see a sharp corner, that is what bites me.

Oct 17, 2005
  2. Sorry to hear that :( The way I grab my tongs, I hold them in the center and squeeze. I haven't pinched myself yet, but will definitly think about it now and be more carefull. Thanks for sharing.

Heal fast!

Oct 17, 2005
  3. MSmith

MSmith Member

I really want to like the tongs, too....but have been pinched 2-3 times already! Grabbing at the center has helped tremendously!!

Oct 17, 2005
  4. ChefLaurel

ChefLaurel Member

Me Too!

I have been pinched COUNTLESS times, sometimes very, very hard! (I was using them to take giant lobsters out of a pot of steaming wine - you have to really work the tongs to get a good grip, and every time they slid off the shell, they got my pinky!)

I will try the grab in the middle idea, and I will not be passing them around at a show!

Too bad - I bought them because I thought they were SO COOL, and had to be seen to be believed...

Oct 18, 2005
  5. jujubug

jujubug Novice Member

When I got mine in, my husband and I were both holding them - I was showing him how they worked. Somehow I closed them and took several layers of skin off his thumb. It took a good week for it to totally heal. PC needs to look into making that sharp edge safer.

Nov 26, 2005
Have something to add?