• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Last Minute Rescheduling Disaster: What's the Solution?

In summary, Shannon Overstreet contacted her hostess to reschedule a show for the following week, but the hostess told her that the date and time were incorrect. Shannon's email confirmation says that the show was actually for 3-18. The hostess then told Shannon that she was actually in Reno and could not come to the show. Shannon contacted the host again to inform her of this and the host told her that she would try to reschedule for another time.
Sooner PC
:mad:
I have a host that called at the last minute last week (3-10) to reschedule. She had a funeral to attend. I told her not a problem, what day was she looking at - she said 3-25. I told her that wouldn't work for me because I had a 3pm show and couldn't do 2 that day with that one in the middle of the afternoon. I suggested 3-26 - that wasn't a good day for her. I told her I would check my calender and get back with her. She insisted upon March.

I talked to her and we decided that 3-18 would work. I had a 1:00 pm show and I could fit her in at 6:00. I SENT HER AN EMAIL CONFIRMING THE DATE AND TIME. Well - 3-18 - I am running a little behind, driving in the rain and I call to let her know - She said, "why are you coming to my house?" I said, "for your show." She said - "Oh no - it is next weekend - I am in Reno, NV. "

So, I assume that I have done something terribly wrong and now I must figure out how to fix it. Maybe I did put the wrong date down. So, I turn around, go home and check my email. Sure enough - I said 3-18 AND SHE SENT ME AN EMAIL THE NEXT DAY CONFIRMING!!! So, now, I am so mad that I don't want to even do the show and there is NO WAY that I can do a show at 3:00 and then one at 6:00.

What should I do?? I thought about seeing if a new girl in my cluster wanted it, but I do 2 recipes on weekend shows and I don't think there is any way the new girl could handle the recipes she wanted me to make.

I think if she could move it to 7:00 and do some of the prep work for me - I might could swing it, but I am at a loss on what to do . . .

I need help from the ones who have been there/done that!!

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

I'd email her with what you just said about the 7pm show with prep work instructions, but do it by replying to her from her confirmation email so that you can point out that the show was this past weekend and she must have made a mistake in copying down the wrong day. This has happened to me before and that's how I fixed it.

Good Luck

DZmom said:
I'd email her with what you just said about the 7pm show with prep work instructions, but do it by replying to her from her confirmation email so that you can point out that the show was this past weekend and she must have made a mistake in copying down the wrong day. This has happened to me before and that's how I fixed it.

Good Luck
That's exactly what I would suggest. Or you may need to change the recipes so they are easier and faster. I suppose if she can't have guests come an hour later, they can come and visit and she can have some other munchies for them. Then they'd get to see your prep portion of the show and it wouldn't be all bad.

good luck! Let us know how it all works out!:D

Bad host!!I hate it when hosts think that they can just poop all over our schedules as if we have no life and are sitting in our cars waiting for them to call us to come over to their homes for shows.
As if we don't have plans of our own, families of our own, and as if we are not careful when we schedule our shows!! Like we would forget when we scheduled a show.
I think you should tell her that she was wrong about the date and re send her the email to prove it. Then let her know that your March calendar is booked up. Let her know that she confirmed for 3-18 and forgot so you can't change your plans on the other host you already have booked. You choose not to do two shows on the same day if they are too close in time and you thank her for her interest. Tell her you will try to set her up either on another date or if she insists on March, try to stick her with a patient, loving PC consultant!! :D
PRAY for that consultant, especially if she is new!!
DEBBIE

OK - I emailed my hostess and attached the email where I had confirmed the date. I told her that 6:00 was definately out but I could make 7:00 work if she did some of the prep work. I gave her a list of what I wanted her to do. We will see how it goes. At this point, I am going to leave the ball in her court and see if she responds.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

What a crappy thing to do to my fellow Sooner! Hopefully she will do what you asked or she can ride off into the sunset without a show! It's her loss, she is a ding-dong!

My host emailed me today. She apologized for the mix up and said that 7:00 was fine and that most of the guest were family, so they could entertain themselves. She agreed to do the prep worked I needed her to do also. So, it may turn out to be a good show.

Boomer Sooner,
Shannon Overstreet

i cant imagion 2 shows in one day maby i should try it though since i only do shows on fri-sunday i could do 2 if one is a brunch and one a dinner time one i guess.

Just be a little prepared in advance.If she was that "goofed up" about the date, don't bet on everything you need done to be done when you get there.
I have had that happen plenty of times. You ask in advance, then send out the prep list about cleaning the veggies or whatever, then none of it is done when you get there because she forgot and your show starts much later than you wanted it too.

1. How can I reschedule my Pampered Chef party at the last minute?

If you need to reschedule your party, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant as soon as possible. They will work with you to find a new date that works for both of you.

2. Is there a fee for rescheduling my Pampered Chef party?

There is no fee for rescheduling your party, but please keep in mind that your consultant may have already purchased products and prepared for the original date, so it is important to give them as much notice as possible.

3. Can I still earn host rewards if I reschedule my party?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for your rescheduled party as long as it is held within the same month. Your consultant will be able to provide you with more information about the host rewards program.

4. What if none of the rescheduled dates work for me?

If none of the rescheduled dates work for you, your consultant may be able to offer other solutions such as a virtual party or a catalog party. They will work with you to find a solution that fits your needs.

5. Will my consultant still be able to attend my rescheduled party?

In most cases, your consultant will still be able to attend your rescheduled party. However, if they are not available on the new date, they will help you find a substitute consultant or provide you with resources to host the party on your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Smiley3
  • pamperedcheermom