• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Compatibility of Pampered Chef Business Software with Macs

That is a matter of opinion! :p Or like my father in law says...Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one!! :D Just teasing!! Wesley wants a make but we don't have the money that he is dreaming up for a new computer so we will stick with what we got!!
Eaglenewsteach
Silver Member
Is Pampered Chef's business software compatible with Macs?

I haven't heard but I don't think so. Anyone know for sure?

NO it does not work with mac

If you get a Mac you can run software that will let you run Windows programs - Parallels is one that can do that.

I just asked a tech guy about this at Conference. It's not currently available for Mac, but they will probably do a Mac version, since P3 (Pampered Partner Plus) isn't tied into the opsys as much as the old version (it's Java based).That said- if you prefer Macs, go with a Mac. You can run Windoze through Parallels or Boot Camp and use that to run P3.Macs Rule!!! (Sorry, had to get that in there. :D )

OK I have to ask
chefann said:
I just asked a tech guy about this at Conference. It's not currently available for Mac, but they will probably do a Mac version, since P3 (Pampered Partner Plus) isn't tied into the opsys as much as the old version (it's Java based).

That said- if you prefer Macs, go with a Mac. You can run Windoze through Parallels or Boot Camp and use that to run P3.

Macs Rule!!! (Sorry, had to get that in there. :D )

Why are MACS better? What are some of the differences? I am in the market for a new laptop before I go to Korea and I am really interested.

Much fewer viruses and other nasties (like 10, compared to hundreds of thousands on PCs).
More intuitive interface.
Stabler operating system (very, very rarely have to force quit a program or reboot).
Programs are more consistent across the board (as far as keyboard shortcuts and where things are on menus), and are better integrated with the opsys.
No nasty .DLLs to get messed up and make things stop working.The only drawback is that sometimes a specific program isn't available for Mac (like P3), although there's usually some software available that will do the same thing, and using Parallels or Boot Camp makes any Windows program runnable on a Mac (although those environments still have the inherent Windows problems).I've used a Mac for more than 15 years, and I wouldn't even have a Windows machine if it weren't for PP/P3.

CoolThanks for the info!! I appreciate it!!

THE only reason I have a PC is because of pampered partner. No other reason whatsoever.

Colleen I'm with you... I was going to purchase a Mac last year, but instead had to get a pc for pp...

Macs are the best... one of my biggest frustrations with PC has been their unwillingness to accommodate Mac users with PP. One response I got from home office was that there aren't enough consultants who are Mac users. I wanted to start a protest... Nice to see this post and hear others about this...

chefann said:
Macs Rule!!!

That is a matter of opinion! :p Or like my father in law says...Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one!! :D

Just teasing!! Wesley wants a make but we don't have the money that he is dreaming up for a new computer so we will stick with what we got!!

I have a G4 Mac laptop and new G5 desktop that I use for all my video editing and home projects. Thank you ALL so much for the answers. I have just always used Macs (all our grading and records software/hardware at school is Mac) and have NEVER had a moments trouble or a single virus or crash. I will keep checking into this. Again, thanks! My husband was amazed that the quantity, quality and SPEED of your answers. :)

MEChefJulie said:
Macs are the best... one of my biggest frustrations with PC has been their unwillingness to accommodate Mac users with PP. One response I got from home office was that there aren't enough consultants who are Mac users. I wanted to start a protest...

Nice to see this post and hear others about this...
Right there is a reason to request a Mac version of P3 every season. HO doesn't truly know how many Mac users there are unless we contact them. The more "pestering" we do, the more likely it will happen. Mac has been steadily gaining market share, especially since the intro of the iPod. We may only be 7% of the market, but we're the cool 7%. ;)

To any HO Tech lurkers- we NEED a Mac version of P3! PLEEEEEEEASE!

I personally do not have a Mac but Wesley wants to switch to one when we have the money. I personally know more people how use a Mac than a PC. I have no idea how to use one though.:eek: guess it will be something I will learn in the future. Wesley says they are easier to use than a PC.

They're similar (Microsoft stole the concept after seeing a prototype Mac, although, admittedly, Apple stole it from Xerox), so you shouldn't have a hard time. There are a few little differences that may trip you up if you're a Windows "power user" and are accustomed to some shortcuts and tricks. But much of those can be solved by getting an after-market multi-button mouse (Macs have single-button mice, but I haven't used one in years - I have a multi-button scroll wheel mouse).

Add me to the list that would be very excited by a Mac version of P3!!!!!!

My wonderful DH has been looking for a MacBook for me for our anniversary!

Of course, that means I have to actually get him something now... (usually we skip anniversary and b'day gifts)

I'd love have a Mac version too. I don't intend to ever buy another Windows-based computer.

OK- that's how many of us who are sending notes to Tech Support TODAY to request a Mac version? :)

MEChefJulie said:
Macs are the best... one of my biggest frustrations with PC has been their unwillingness to accommodate Mac users with PP. One response I got from home office was that there aren't enough consultants who are Mac users.

Well, if they want to take a look at the top... Nancy Jo Ryan uses Macs exclusively for her business and has a little PC in the corner that she uses ONLY to run PC software.

As soon as they release a MAC version of P3 I'm so at the Apple store!

Side note- DH and I were some of the, um, losers who waited in line to get the T-shirts when they opened the Novi Apple store. Then we wore those shirts to wait in line at the opening of the Somerset store. We're such nerds!

I'm so excited!I got home from work and there was a box on the kitchen table - containing a NEW MACBOOK!!!!!Of course, I'm supposed to be cleaning the house for my party tomorrow, and I just want to play with the new computer...

I love my new little Mac Book! I'm using it right now. :D It's so shiny and new... Ok- gotta go clean house....

I am so glad you all had this discussion. My laptop died last night (a typical compaq hard drive problem) and my husband has been trying to get me to get a MAC for a while. My biggest draw back was PP, but I wasn't thinking about the ablilty to run windows on it as well. That may be the answer. I may be a mac owner very soon! Thanks again!

chefann said:
Side note- DH and I were some of the, um, losers who waited in line to get the T-shirts when they opened the Novi Apple store. Then we wore those shirts to wait in line at the opening of the Somerset store. We're such nerds!

My inlaws are like that! They did that when the apple store opened at the MOA.... Of course they are also the type to go wait in line for the new Wii and Harry Potter Books. I guess I just don't get it... LOL

Congratulations on your new Mac, Ann! I broke down and bought an HP notebook at Best Buy today. Next weekend is tax-free weekend in TN--but I'll still get my tax back with my receipt. Pc's are COMPLICATED, aren't they? I'm used to plug and PLAY. Those Mac vs. PC commercials are really hitting home right now. The new computer is still over there on the other desk talking to itself...

1. Can I use Pampered Chef Business Software on my Mac computer?

Yes, Pampered Chef Business Software is compatible with Mac computers. Our software is designed to work on both Mac and PC operating systems.

2. Do I need to purchase any additional software or programs to use Pampered Chef Business Software on my Mac?

No, you do not need to purchase any additional software or programs to use Pampered Chef Business Software on your Mac. Our software can be downloaded and used on any Mac computer without any additional requirements.

3. Can I access my Pampered Chef Business Software account on different devices, such as my Mac computer and my smartphone?

Yes, you can access your Pampered Chef Business Software account on multiple devices, including your Mac computer and smartphone. Our software is cloud-based, allowing you to access your account from any device with an internet connection.

4. Will I experience any compatibility issues if I switch from using Pampered Chef Business Software on a PC to a Mac?

No, you should not experience any compatibility issues when switching from using Pampered Chef Business Software on a PC to a Mac. Our software is designed to work seamlessly on both operating systems.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef Business Software on my Mac if I have an older model or operating system?

Yes, you can still use Pampered Chef Business Software on an older Mac model or operating system. However, we recommend using the latest version of your operating system for the best performance and user experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • danaher3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Kearns