• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mac Vs Pampered Chef ... Kids Opinion Paper

In summary, a conversation about the advantages of Macs versus PCs for an opinion paper is discussed. Some of the reasons why one would prefer a Mac include a more elegant interface, less prone to viruses, better-designed hardware, and less hardware incompatibility problems. Other benefits mentioned include easier keyboard shortcuts, better tech support, and a more comfortable keyboard. Some individuals also prefer the aesthetics of a Mac over a PC. However, it is noted that PCs may have an edge in terms of available programs and hardware functionality. The conversation also touches on the subject of Macs switching to Intel processors and the importance of focusing on the hardware and operating systems instead of specific issues such as the "blue screen of death." It is mentioned that the paper is
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... my daughter has to write and opinion paper about Mac's vs PC's and she has to cite 3 reasons why you would prefer each... since I as well as she know NOTHING about a Mac ... wa la... I'm here for your help! Anyone that can give some wisdom... please jump right on in!
Thanks in advance

Here's my list of Mac pros:
- more elegant interface. What was Microsoft thinking when they put the command to shut down the computer under "Start"?
- less prone to viruses than Windows machines
- better-designed hardware. Apple is constantly winning awards for their designs.
- less hardware incompatibility problems. Apple maintains very strict interface/operating specifications for its suppliers. That means that you're less likely to have a weird error stemming from device drivers.

YES! I knew I could count on you Ann! :) I'll give her these and any others that come in... I can use PC user's pro's too.

good luck with that! i can't help here, but hope she does well...

MAC!!! MAC!!! MAC!!!Ann mentioned some of these but some things that I LOVED when I switched over:
1. I plugged in my printer and it worked! No need to download drivers or find the install disks. It just worked right away. Same way with the scanner. LOVE THAT!!!
2. No blue-screen-of-death. If a program needs to shut down immediately because of an error, you don't have to wait the 3 minutes it takes for a PC to process and don't have to wait for the Send Error Report? screen. It just shuts down and asks you if you want to relaunch the program. And I'll add, that has happened to me maybe twice in 2 months. It happened several times a week with the PC.
3. Easier keyboard shortcuts.
4. You can now run windows and windows-based programs on MACS, but can't run MAC-OS based programs on PCs.
5. Tech support is easier to get to... and you actually get to talk to a person!!! Plus, if there is a MAC store near you, you can go directly there and talk to someone. No need to mail in your computer.
6. This one I loved... I was talking computers at a luncheon the other day and mentioned (gloated) that I have a MAC. A friend of mine said that she just got one... she was walking through the mall, saw the Apple store and went it and bought one because it was so pretty... she said it was like buying a purse! I thought that was cute.
7. Lastly, I find the keyboard on my MAC much more comfortable than the keyboard I had on my PC and I had both a Sony and an HP.I worked on a MAC for 6 years and then went to a PC. SOOOO happy to be back on a MAC and will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER go back!and PS: Like Amanda says, good luck with finding people to gush about the benefits of PCs. It is what it is.

Gee, Colleen, don't sugar coat it - tell us what you really think.

I love MACs. They are so much easier to use, doesn't shut down on you just because it doesn't feel like working (okay well, that's how my PC seems!). Less viruses.

One thing PC's have over makes but it may be changing soon with all the hype is that there are more programs and such out there for PC's now. But then again, you can run Paralell and use all PC programs on your MAC!

I'm still trying to save to get mine, they can be quite expensive compared to cheaper PC models but it's worth the money. If my January hadn't been so crappy...

Ok, here is the REAL question - is the paper about MAC vs. PC hardware-wise or operating systems. If it is truly MAC vs. PC, half the claims for MACs are false. A PC hardware - intel and other-brand based is superior. Why do you think MACs are going to Intel processors????MACs have neat designs (creatively) like the MAC book Air but not functional in the life of the components.That is what she should be focusing on. If you focus on things like "blue screen of death" that has NOTHING to do with a PC vs. a MAC, it has EVERYTHING to do with the operating system installed on it. I can run a PC as a non-Windows system and NEVER get a blue-screen of death.Working on MAC vs. PC servers, the PC side has much more functionality on the hardware and software end for RAID and other back-up functions.

Diane what grade is your daughter in? ...and what subject is this paper for?(Trying to get a feel for the PURPOSE of the paper. It is truly to be written about the subject or is it to see how they get to the root of the issue or define this true issue as I did above.) I agree with points above on both sides, however the true issue is muddied and without focus you would have 15 pages of arguments back and forth on multiple subjects.

finley1991 said:
MAC!!! MAC!!! MAC!!!

Ann mentioned some of these but some things that I LOVED when I switched over:
1. I plugged in my printer and it worked! No need to download drivers or find the install disks. It just worked right away. Same way with the scanner. LOVE THAT!!!
2. No blue-screen-of-death. If a program needs to shut down immediately because of an error, you don't have to wait the 3 minutes it takes for a PC to process and don't have to wait for the Send Error Report? screen. It just shuts down and asks you if you want to relaunch the program. And I'll add, that has happened to me maybe twice in 2 months. It happened several times a week with the PC.
3. Easier keyboard shortcuts.
4. You can now run windows and windows-based programs on MACS, but can't run MAC-OS based programs on PCs.
5. Tech support is easier to get to... and you actually get to talk to a person!!! Plus, if there is a MAC store near you, you can go directly there and talk to someone. No need to mail in your computer.
6. This one I loved... I was talking computers at a luncheon the other day and mentioned (gloated) that I have a MAC. A friend of mine said that she just got one... she was walking through the mall, saw the Apple store and went it and bought one because it was so pretty... she said it was like buying a purse! I thought that was cute.
7. Lastly, I find the keyboard on my MAC much more comfortable than the keyboard I had on my PC and I had both a Sony and an HP.

I worked on a MAC for 6 years and then went to a PC. SOOOO happy to be back on a MAC and will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER go back!

and PS: Like Amanda says, good luck with finding people to gush about the benefits of PCs. It is what it is.

I think she meant she can't help with the topic either way...not that she sides with a MAC...

janetupnorth said:
Ok, here is the REAL question - is the paper about MAC vs. PC hardware-wise or operating systems. If it is truly MAC vs. PC, half the claims for MACs are false. A PC hardware - intel and other-brand based is superior. Why do you think MACs are going to Intel processors????
Macs have gone to Intel processors because they were having issues with Motorola and IBM (their previous suppliers) being able to keep up with demand and improvements.

If you want to be technical, the abbreviation PC stands for personal computer, which includes Macs. (BTW, MAC in all caps is an internal networking address on a computer, not a computer manufactured by Apple). However, modern idiom is that Macs are one group, and all other personal computers are known as PCs. And because of the near-monopoly of the Windows operating system, that goes along as part and parcel of the phrase.

chefann said:
Macs have gone to Intel processors because they were having issues with Motorola and IBM (their previous suppliers) being able to keep up with demand and improvements.

If you want to be technical, the abbreviation PC stands for personal computer, which includes Macs. (BTW, MAC in all caps is an internal networking address on a computer, not a computer manufactured by Apple). However, modern idiom is that Macs are one group, and all other personal computers are known as PCs. And because of the near-monopoly of the Windows operating system, that goes along as part and parcel of the phrase.

Second paragraph is more what I was trying to get across...the issue is much more complex and what is the goal of the teacher?

...and I sit corrected at my PC for typing MAC rather than Mac. I deal with MACs daily and do know better. :D

(But it's Friday and I have a REALLY bad headache so all is not clear... :rolleyes: )

I do have to say that I have worked with Macs for 13 years (I'm not even that old)! I was working on a Mac before I even knew there was a difference. When I started this job two years ago I had to switch back to using a PC. Most good graphics programs were made for Macs but they have also switched those programs to PC. One thing that was really hard to get used to was the short cut keys. It was so much easier to hit a short cut key then to grab the mouse and find what you needed. I was at a lost and had to relearn PC to the point where I looked like I was computer illiterate! I still prefer Mac but am now used to using a PC again.

Oohhh Oooohh I have a PRO for the PC!!!!!!

Cost. PCs are considerably cheaper than Macs. Even over the life time of a Mac (which is a little longer than a PC) it still would cost more to buy 1 Mac than 2-3 Pcs in the same time period. All computers become out dated in a few years and need to be replaced.

I grew up with the Apple Co. The Apple II, Apple IIc, Apple IIe, Apple IIgs, and so on. Had then in the schools too. I've been eyeing a Mac for a few years. Im a photograpgher. I know I should switch. Itcould help a little. I just cant seem to bring myself to spend over $2000 when a $500 machine will do just the same

Mwalker said:
Oohhh Oooohh I have a PRO for the PC!!!!!!

Cost. PCs are considerably cheaper than Macs. Even over the life time of a Mac (which is a little longer than a PC) it still would cost more to buy 1 Mac than 2-3 Pcs in the same time period. All computers become out dated in a few years and need to be replaced.

I grew up with the Apple Co. The Apple II, Apple IIc, Apple IIe, Apple IIgs, and so on. Had then in the schools too. I've been eyeing a Mac for a few years. Im a photograpgher. I know I should switch. Itcould help a little. I just cant seem to bring myself to spend over $2000 when a $500 machine will do just the same

I haven't seen one in a while but have you checked out the mini mac. Same great machine but it was cheaper than a regular Mac. The laptop I'm going to get was just over $1000, not bad compared to getting a G5.

Cost isn't actually that different, when you compare (no pun intended) apples to apples. When you take 2 machines that have exact (or at least very, very similar) specs, then they are very competitively priced (much like our tools). See http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=979 for more details.Macs have less crapware - that pre-installed useless software that comes on most Windows-based computers that is very difficult or impossible to uninstall without making the system unuseable.

Last edited:
I could deal without the crapware. Thats whats leaning me towards it. But that was still a $2000+ machine.

If all I did was websurf, email and watch youtube (which is the majority of consumers tasks), Apple doesnt make a simplified machine in the same price range. The Mini Mac is great..... till you have add a keyboard, modem, printer.... and dont ask the price if you need a monitor. :)

I remember when I got my sony it took me a day to unload the unnecessary items. It had several movie trailers preloaded on the machine. I know it's sony marketing sony but none of it added to the reason I bought the computer or added to its capabilities.

When Wiindows/Vista PC makers try to save you money, they put in cheap components and you sacrifice quality parts. Ever tried to get good customer service from Dell or HP? Lucky if you can reach anyone who isn't at a call center in India.Also, Macs have higher resell value than PCs when you want to resell them. Case in point: I just bought an Apple Refurb 24" iMac (you could compare it to a certified used automobile) for $350 less than retail, and I can't tell at ALL that it was previously purchased and returned for some reason or another. I get the same warranty, etc. I even got new keyboard/mouse whatever.So after I got this beautiful computer I decided to resell my Mac Mini, which I bought three years ago for $599. (I paid $1949 plus tax for this new desktop). The old mac mini was a three year old processor (G4) 1.25 ghz processor and just a 40 gig hard drive. After putting it on ebay for 5 minutes, it SOLD for my buy-it-now price for $200. Not a bad return on a three year old machine. Could you get the same return out of a PC?My lovely new iMac is a 24" screen, 2.8 ghz intel core 2 Duo Extreme processor, 500 gb hard drive, 4 GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro with 256 mb Vram, internal Airport, Bluetooth, microphone, video camera, etc. etc.I love this machine. So pretty. Gonna last me a few years.

Oh my goodness.. thank you everyone! She has loads of info here and I've passed it on. I knew I could count on all of you!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

The Kat Lady also pointed out that Apple has much better television commercials than anyone else. The Christmas spot (animated) was great, so is the recent one about the automatic backups. I might also point out that a spot that is rated as the best, or one of the best ever Superbowl spots, was the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984.

What is the difference between Mac and Pampered Chef products?

Mac and Pampered Chef are two different brands with distinct products. Mac primarily offers computer and software products, while Pampered Chef specializes in kitchen tools and cookware.

Which brand is better for kids?

This is subjective and ultimately depends on personal preference. However, Pampered Chef offers a variety of kid-friendly kitchen tools and cookbooks, making it a popular choice for parents who want to involve their children in cooking and baking activities.

Are Pampered Chef products safe for kids to use?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are designed with safety in mind. They use high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure they are safe for all ages.

Do Pampered Chef products come with a warranty?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of their products. This means that if there are any defects or issues with the product, they will replace or repair it at no cost to the customer.

Can kids use Pampered Chef products with adult supervision?

Absolutely! Many of Pampered Chef's products are designed for children to use with adult supervision. This allows kids to learn valuable kitchen skills and promotes family bonding through cooking together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • jillbean
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn