• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mac N Cheese with Squash Recipe from PC Consultant

In summary, to make Mac N Cheese with squash, you will need macaroni pasta, butternut squash, butter, flour, milk, shredded cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and spices. Different types of squash can be used, and the recipe can be made gluten-free by using alternative ingredients. The dish can be made ahead of time and protein can be added by mixing in cooked chicken, bacon, or sausage or serving it with a side of protein. Adjustments may need to be made for cooking time and tenderness when using different types of squash.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I have a customer asking for this PC recipe. Does anyone know it? She says another PC consultant made it and it was one of our recipes???

Yes, I believe it's in either the vegetarian cookbook or the make it fresh/healthy cookbook. I remember seeing it just recently.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's http://recipesreallifeoncts.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/quick-and-creamy-mac-n-cheese/. It's on page 111 of 29 Minutes to Dinner Volume 2 and page 49 of Quick Vegetarian Main Dishes or you can click on the name and go to a link I found online for it.

My family loves this recipe! I have found that putting the thawed butternut squash and evaporated milk in the blender before heating it and adding the cheese makes the sauce even creamier and gets rid of any stringy bits from the squash. Your family will never know you are feeding them mac and cheese with vegetables in it if you do that!

Shari in TX

Thank You!!!

Hi there! I would be happy to help you find the recipe you are looking for. Can you provide me with any more information about the dish? Was it a main course, side dish, or dessert? Any specific ingredients or flavors? This will help me narrow down the search and find the recipe for you. Also, have you checked our recipe database or asked the other consultant for the recipe? Let me know and I will do my best to assist you!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Mac N Cheese with squash?

To make Mac N Cheese with squash, you will need the following ingredients: macaroni pasta, butternut squash, butter, flour, milk, shredded cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and spices such as garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of squash for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of squash for this recipe, such as acorn squash or pumpkin. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and check for tenderness before adding to the cheese sauce.

3. How do I make this recipe gluten-free?

To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free pasta and substitute the flour with a gluten-free alternative, such as cornstarch or almond flour. You can also use gluten-free breadcrumbs or omit them altogether.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing the mac and cheese with squash and storing it in the fridge until ready to bake. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time to ensure it is heated through.

5. How can I add protein to this dish?

You can add protein to this dish by mixing in cooked chicken, bacon, or sausage before baking. You can also serve it with a side of protein, such as grilled shrimp or tofu, for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies