• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Mac and Cheese in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, the conversation is about making mac and cheese in a rice cooker. The person asking for help tried it last night but it was a disaster. Another person is also curious about this method and shares a recipe for mac and cheese in a rice cooker. The expert suggests adding extra water and cooking for about 15 minutes, but notes that it may not necessarily be faster than cooking on the stove.
babywings76
Gold Member
Sorry if this info is already out there...time crunch and I can't find it in my files....

anyone know how to do mac and cheese in the rice cooker? Water and noodles together with amount of water listed on box? How long? Is it faster? Should I just do it on the stove instead? I'll just do it on the stove tonight, I guess, due to the time...but if anyone is on and sees this right away, I'll jump on it. ;) TIA

I'm curious about this too!

My attempt last night was a disaster! I tried putting it according to the micro. directions on the package. Put the lid on the rice cooker and set the time for 6 minutes. It boiled over and was a big mess--even with the lid. I took it out, stirred it and put it back in for a few more minutes, this time without the lid. Took it out and it was a mess and still not done. I should've just done it on the stove.If anyone has ever had success with this, could you share how you do it?

Macaroni and Cheese
2 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 cups of elbow macaroni
Mix these together in the rice cooker, put on the lids and cook for
15 to 20 minutes in the microwave. (time may vary on each microwave)
Take it out and add 2 cups of Kraft 4 blend cheese (Mexican)
Blend well with Small Mix & Scraper.

Hi there! Don't worry, I'm happy to help. I've actually never made mac and cheese in a rice cooker before, but after doing some research, it looks like it is possible. You can definitely cook the noodles and water together in the rice cooker, just make sure to add a little extra water (about 1/4 cup) to account for evaporation. As for the cooking time, it will vary depending on your rice cooker, but I would start with about 15 minutes and check the noodles for doneness. It may not necessarily be faster than cooking on the stove, but it is a convenient option if you want to save some time and have one less pot to clean. Let me know if you have any other questions, and happy cooking!

What type of rice cooker is best for making mac and cheese?

Any type of rice cooker with a non-stick inner pot is suitable for making mac and cheese. However, using a rice cooker with a steaming function or a larger capacity will allow for more versatility and options when making mac and cheese.

Do I need to precook the pasta before making mac and cheese in a rice cooker?

No, the pasta can be added raw directly to the rice cooker. Just make sure to stir occasionally to prevent sticking.

Can I use any type of cheese for mac and cheese in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese or a combination of cheeses for your mac and cheese. However, softer cheeses like cream cheese or goat cheese may not melt as well. It is recommended to use a combination of soft and hard cheeses for the best texture and flavor.

How long does it take to make mac and cheese in a rice cooker?

The cooking time can vary depending on the type of rice cooker and the amount of pasta used. On average, it takes about 20-25 minutes for the mac and cheese to be fully cooked and creamy in a rice cooker.

Can I add other ingredients to my mac and cheese in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can personalize your mac and cheese by adding other ingredients such as vegetables, proteins, or spices. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and liquid ratio accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies